• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

COD Ghost and BF4

- Maps, Vehicles in a part. Vehicles will open a wave creation of new maps. New kind of maps for vehicles.
- and RO 2 itself in another part : well balanced front by excellence is eastern front. Few talked about the missing of T 34. I am afraid we can say the same of infantry weapons : few anothers will miss ppsh, svt and mosin.

Festung europa is a mix between "Heroes and general" and "Resistance and liberation".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got to say, I preordered BF 4 and have had loads of fun with it, but even that just doesn't have the replayability of Red Orchestra 2 IMO. BF4 is a run 'n gun fest, which is nice for Saturday night laughs, but just gets boring after a while (And to think it has only been out for 3 weeks).

Red Orchestra 2 is different. I will watch a war movie on Youtube or Netflix because I am bored, and then want to play it by hopping onto Red Orchestra 2. And each battle is different.

Even with fewer maps, lack of vehicles, and fewer weapons than BF4, RO2 is just more coordinated, telling its own story each battle. One battle I will go full Rambo, and then the next one I will get pinned behind a rock for 8 minutes. People at least try to win in RO2 (in BF4 people just want high K/D ratios), and I can visually see the progression of the battle.

In BF4, I think, "well neat, we captured point A. Let's get some free points and capture point C." In RO2, I thank, "We captured point B...oh crap, now we have to get past those MG bunkers to get into point C".

Give it a couple weeks and the other RO2 players will get bored of BF4 and CoD and come back to RO2 (BF4 is fun, but CoD Ghosts just seems like a joke game like the other previous installments since World at War). The main reason RO2 has a low player base is because this game is not friendly for casual gamers...then again BF and CoD seem more stupidly hardcore, so my logic has reached a funk.

Upvote 0
I guess you have played Festung Europe for an extensive period of time? Yeah... thought so.

ParanoidBaboon,
As I said i played it ? Don't put word on my mouth. Just saying BF will be a mix between "Resistance and liberation" and "Heroes and general". Maybe a new "COD 1 German Front".

Even with fewer maps, lack of vehicles, and fewer weapons than BF4, RO2 is just more coordinated, telling its own story each battle.

Yes, Red Pentalpha, you are right. Even with fewer maps, lack of vehicles, and fewer weapons...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ParanoidBaboon,
As I said i played it ? Don't put word on my mouth. Just saying BF will be a mix between "Resistance and liberation" and "Heroes and general". Maybe a new "COD 1 German Front".

I'm just flabbergasted of you comparing an unreleased game to two games that are nothing alike, in terms of gameplay.

How do you know FE is "a mix between "Heroes and general" and Resistance and liberation?

Have you played FE for an extended period of time to make such a claim? Or did you pull it out of your arse?

Upvote 0
ParanoidBaboon,

Funnily enough, from what I've seen and the general attitude the FE devs are exhibiting would suggest that it's shaping up to be more of a tactical and slower paced experience than RO2 currently is, a true spiritual successor to RO1 you could even say(it's developed by the guys who did Darkest hour, so that's kinda understandable). At least FE will have troop transports at release if nothing else:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, screw CoD, and BF4 can sit over by the side for a minutes...

...but...

...what is this Fortress Europe game I am hearing? It sounds interesting.

NVMD, I saw the webpage, and it looks like it could turn out to be a good game. FE and RO2 comparisons remind me of the raging back on World of Tanks from comparing WoT to War Thunder.

But since I am damn lazy, I want to know:

-Will there be armored combat?
-Will it be realistic (like, Arma realistic?)
-When is it supposed to be released?
-Any other details worth mentioning to increase my hype?

Upvote 0
-Will there be armored combat?
-Will it be realistic (like, Arma realistic?)
-When is it supposed to be released?
-Any other details worth mentioning to increase my hype?

1. yes
2. yes, devs have talked about how they're focusing on realism a lot more than RO2 did
3. unknown
4. CryEngine 3 is used, so far all their maps are 1:1 scale of real locations (Juno Beach revealed as one of the maps), made by the DH devs

Upvote 0
1. yes
2. yes, devs have talked about how they're focusing on realism a lot more than RO2 did
3. unknown
4. CryEngine 3 is used, so far all their maps are 1:1 scale of real locations (Juno Beach revealed as one of the maps), made by the DH devs

Sounds sweet.

Not like I will ditch this game though. I still love my Japanese :p But I will hop into FE when it is available for play...or when I get a job...It sucks when my "job" is unpaid internship at age 17.

Upvote 0
RO2 was released and it wasn't what half the people expected...

The reasonable disgruntled people simply left for some game that delivered what they were looking for. The bitter and angry idiots stayed behind to whine and complain at anything and everything.

Its real easy to maintain a nice friendly community when the population size is astronomically small and everyone essentially agreed on everything (ala RO1). As soon as people increase and different opinions start appearing, this kind of conflict and general idiocy is inevitable.

Upvote 0
1. yes
3. unknown

Well FE would have to be pretty damn spectacular and done very well to sway me over to pay for it.

To be honest, I found Darkest Hour lacking in many many things and couldn't stand playing it. Sure it had a lot of content going for it and DH tried very hard to bring in some unique things to the gameplay, but despite some of the things RO1 did differently from ROCA that I didn't like being changed, I still liked RO1 and when given the option to play DH or RO1 back in the day, RO1 was always my go-to.

DH was just "Bleh" for me.

I do like how this FE is going to focus more on the British / Canadian Forces though, as that's certainly more unique for FPS's, especially for WWII. The other thing that bothered me about DH was the heavy focus on the US vs. Germany and it's also why I don't care much for RS, as it's the same US weapons and such that are found in every other WWII FPS out there. What got me into RO was that it was the Soviets, not the US.... ie: a different set of battles, using different weapons and such.

There were Canadian/British in DH but 90% of the matches I ever came across were just US.... then map votes brought you back to more US maps and over and over.

I'll just wait and see what FE has to offer. I don't see anything new on the site except modeled weapons and a few map screenshots.... which doesn't say a lot. I've seen plenty of mods and stand alone games with much of the same which never materialized.

So in short, until Festung Europa is actually released, it's a non-issue and all of the talk in the world about how great it will be is meaningless.

Upvote 0
astronomically small

You didn't think that through did you? "Astronomically small."

Anyway, I think you just have rose-tinted glasses. I agree with the premise, where tossbags don't appear until a community reaches critical mass. The people may have been fine before release, but that's just on account of the wild and unwarranted optimism that pervades every forum during the over-hyping of pre-release.

In the RO1 days (Contrary to what my join date may say, I was there), there were plenty of sh-kickers to go around.

Last edited:
Upvote 0