• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Client-Side] Classic Zeds Replacement

Half-Dead

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
Seattle, WA
Ever since Killing Floor released I've missed the look of the old zeds. So i made a little replacement that changes them back.
It's completely clientside (You can see it on any server but others can't unless they have it too) and works online!
Had to get a little creative with the husk, hope you don't mind.

To install Simply drag and drop into your Killing Floor directory. To uninstall verify your content on steam.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?v6l7uu6v7s1vwc8

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=119427505

vRU8WJ.jpg

H8ZxCI.jpg

DTGx7S.jpg

Last edited:
Disregard my last post on this thread.
It was overall a very good job but there are some things that would be nice if they were fixed soon. I understand you wanted to make them just like the classic zeds but these things I am about to list would help it and make it alot better.
1. Would be nice if the gorefast actually swung at you when hitting you with his big knife (like with regular zeds)
2. Would be nice if bloat actually had the animation to puke on the player (like the regular zeds)
3. Would be nice if the husk actually had the animation when he was about to shoot (like regular zeds)
4. Would be nice if siren actually screamed for some reason she doesen't even scream when she is about toattack.
5. Would be nice if fleshpound had the animation were when you start shooting him then he gets angry then starts chasing you. (like regular zeds)

Nobody has posted anything on this thread for a while so I hope you can get back to me soon.

Upvote 0
Disregard my last post on this thread.
It was overall a very good job but there are some things that would be nice if they were fixed soon. I understand you wanted to make them just like the classic zeds but these things I am about to list would help it and make it alot better.
1. Would be nice if the gorefast actually swung at you when hitting you with his big knife (like with regular zeds)
2. Would be nice if bloat actually had the animation to puke on the player (like the regular zeds)
3. Would be nice if the husk actually had the animation when he was about to shoot (like regular zeds)
4. Would be nice if siren actually screamed for some reason she doesen't even scream when she is about toattack.
5. Would be nice if fleshpound had the animation were when you start shooting him then he gets angry then starts chasing you. (like regular zeds)

Nobody has posted anything on this thread for a while so I hope you can get back to me soon.
Must be a problem on your end, everything you listed works fine for me.
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Just found out it is a problem on the creators end. I play multiplayer and NEVER solo I read this comment on the steam workshop.

Gorefasts and other enemies use Christmas sounds, the mod may or may not break perks, and the animations don't play in multiplayer. (Notably, Gorefasts don't slash and the Husk constantly stumbles like a drunk.)

It's exceptional, but I don't want it until you fix it Half-Dead

SEE!!! The animations do NOT play in multiplayer so it is not my fault. A fix soon would be nice because I really love these zeds!

Upvote 0
Just found out it is a problem on the creators end. I play multiplayer and NEVER solo I read this comment on the steam workshop.

He's right, i hear the Xmas voices (Gorefast/FP), no rage animation from FP, no puke, no Husk firing, no Patriarch rockey launching/Claw smack/chest attack.....well online.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
He's right, i hear the Xmas voices (Gorefast/FP), no rage animation from FP, no puke, no Husk firing, no Patriarch rockey launching/Claw smack/chest attack.....well online.

So do you think that Half-Dead is going to update them anytime soon? Hopefully a fix so that the animations work in MP? And no Christmas sounds in MP? If he is making a patch to fix it right now it would be nice if he could post a message saying he is working on a fix. Maybe he just isn't going to bother fixing these, I honestly don't know. Just my opionion.

Upvote 0