• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Capture The Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=THOR=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2011
It should not... DD is ranked atm. Do you run any other mutator at the same time? Also, did you try restarting your server?

-=THOR=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2011
Hmmm, actually CTF is not a mutator, but a Mod. It has a mutator, but for workshop only, and not to be used with any server. What is your server launch string?

-=THOR=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2011
You're right actually, CTF is having ranking issues. I got this in a server log:

[176311.15] Log: CustomGameTypes.u Failed - Removing Ranked Status

I'll contact TWI, either they black-listed CTF (why???), or they don't have the latest version of it (probably). Or it could just be a bug... Stay tuned.

In the mean-time, restarting your server should temporarily fixed the issue, until the crawler (i suppose there is a kinda bots verifying the server files since it happens randomly) verifies your server again.

Last edited:

-=THOR=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2011
The white-listing problem with CTF 2.6.0 should be fixed (now or early tomorrow).

-=THOR=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2011
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO SERVER ADMINS REGARDING RANKING:
If you have a ranking issue with CTF on your server, make sure you don't enable the mutator CGTMutatorWorkshopCTF. This mutator is NOT for use on servers, it is only a trick i used to allow Workshop users to change the CTF parameters from the Workshop interface. Using the mutator on your server is likely to unrank it.

If by mistake, you enable the mutator, a map change is not enough, you will have to restart the server. In that case, you might be interested to read this.

Last edited:

-=THOR=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2011
Here's the last news concerning the ranking problem. I found two situations that trigger the unranking:

1. Enabling the CGTMutatorWorkshopCTF mutator.
2. Accessing 'Capture The Flag' in the 'Gametypes' panel in the web admin.

Whenever one of these actions is made, the server goes immediately unranked. When it happens, the only solution is to restart the server.

TWI is trying to figure out what is going on with their white-list system. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do for now, to fix it. Patience will be our best friend.

Blitzk.-Bob

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 19, 2011
Germany
www.twiladder.com
Best regards and "thank you" from about 20 players of the free weekend.
They're playing the game the first time and only capture the flag, I told them a bit about the mod and the guys who made it and they were really thankful for your work.
A few of them bought the game just for the capture the flag mod.(well...for 1$, why not :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.