• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release Capture The Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right actually, CTF is having ranking issues. I got this in a server log:

[176311.15] Log: CustomGameTypes.u Failed - Removing Ranked Status

I'll contact TWI, either they black-listed CTF (why???), or they don't have the latest version of it (probably). Or it could just be a bug... Stay tuned.

In the mean-time, restarting your server should temporarily fixed the issue, until the crawler (i suppose there is a kinda bots verifying the server files since it happens randomly) verifies your server again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO SERVER ADMINS REGARDING RANKING:
If you have a ranking issue with CTF on your server, make sure you don't enable the mutator CGTMutatorWorkshopCTF. This mutator is NOT for use on servers, it is only a trick i used to allow Workshop users to change the CTF parameters from the Workshop interface. Using the mutator on your server is likely to unrank it.

If by mistake, you enable the mutator, a map change is not enough, you will have to restart the server. In that case, you might be interested to read this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's the last news concerning the ranking problem. I found two situations that trigger the unranking:

1. Enabling the CGTMutatorWorkshopCTF mutator.
2. Accessing 'Capture The Flag' in the 'Gametypes' panel in the web admin.

Whenever one of these actions is made, the server goes immediately unranked. When it happens, the only solution is to restart the server.

TWI is trying to figure out what is going on with their white-list system. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do for now, to fix it. Patience will be our best friend.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.