• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can you do better than this guy?

Wait...Why would a supposed human be able to run with a weapon held in his right arm, then throw it over to the left and place the right on the grip and aim down the sights, all in about the average response time for a human (the time it takes us to click the button when a scary soviet appears on the screen)?

This is FUBAR. Thanks for finding me the first thing I hate in this game (I love the rest!).

Upvote 0
yea... this looks antithetical to what it seems like RO style gameplay should be...

aiming down sights very fast and no increased sway after sprinting, especially up stairs are hurting the immersion/realism in this case, and gameplay as well i think most would agree

The gameplay was similar in CQB in RO1. Of course in RO OST your movement was much more labored and slower than it is in RO2 so it was slightly harder to run around gunning people down.

Why handicap ourselves? Navigation in RO OST was like trying to move a tank, RO2 is far better than that.

Upvote 0
The gameplay was similar in CQB in RO1. Of course in RO OST your movement was much more labored and slower than it is in RO2 so it was slightly harder to run around gunning people down.

Why handicap ourselves? Navigation in RO OST was like trying to move a tank, RO2 is far better than that.

I agree with one exception. I think we move way too fast on stairs and uphills.

But otherwise movement feels right.

Upvote 0
Maybe I just play on good realism servers but... I don't generally run into stuff like this with people running and gunning madly. I normally get the people doing it pretty easily too if they're trying.

Me too, I've lost count how many times if made Adolf Von Rambo taste the round of my Mosin while running around the Grain Elevator.

Upvote 0
RO1 had recoil though. For close range since it took much longer to go to iron sights you were mostly hip firing, which made it harder because of free aim and no crosshair. You could only really go full auto at mid to long range reliably while prone/crouched or with the weapon resting. It made people use the weapons more realistically rather than running and gunning everywhere with no sense of tactical movement, and when you did run and gun you had to be up close and usually firing from the hip. If in iron sights then you moved slowly, and you had to have it up before you saw an enemy

Last edited:
Reactions: Verluste
Upvote 0
RO1 had recoil though. For close range since it took much longer to go to iron sights you were mostly hip firing, which made it harder because of free aim and no crosshair. You could only really go full auto at mid to long range reliably while prone/crouched or with the weapon resting. It made people use the weapons more realistically rather than running and gunning everywhere with no sense of tactical movement, and when you did run and gun you had to be up close and usually firing from the hip. If in iron sights then you moved slowly, and you had to have it up before you saw an enemy

It sure did.

Reactions: SQBsam
Upvote 0