• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can you do better than this guy?

RO1 had recoil though. For close range since it took much longer to go to iron sights you were mostly hip firing, which made it harder because of free aim and no crosshair. You could only really go full auto at mid to long range reliably while prone/crouched or with the weapon resting. It made people use the weapons more realistically rather than running and gunning everywhere with no sense of tactical movement, and when you did run and gun you had to be up close and usually firing from the hip. If in iron sights then you moved slowly, and you had to have it up before you saw an enemy

I agree with this , RO1 forced you to be more tactical . The op video pretty much proves that RO2 is faster paced and less realistic then the original and is geared towards a different crowd .

Upvote 0
Part of it is the gun. An part of it is how quickly you can go from full sprint to ironsights an drop people in this. Also he actually has good performance cause of playing on 1990's graphics mode. Most of the people he went up against were probably lagging out for daring to set their details to medium. lol

Upvote 0
It much easier to do on Apartments as a German
the Russians come in 1 or 2 at a time most do not make it out of the spawn area
if the german riflemen and MGers are doing their job, it frees up the German SMG to run gun
with the kill zone in front of the apartments
the odds are 2 or 3 to 1 by the time the Russians get to the cap
When and if the Russians take the first 2 caps
the Germans already have the lead in reinforcements
Germans win map 60% to 75% of the time

Upvote 0
Currently RO2 is as fast paced spam shooter as COD and BC2 except fallen fighters and spartanovka.
If ro2 was anywhere near tactical those kind of suicide-tard rush tactix wouldnt be better than leaning/using cover sys and playing more carefully.

Who the heck needs realistic LMGs that need to be deployed when you can stand in the middle of a dark room and snipe peeps at 200m w/o being super obvious as the LMG dude.
Who needs to the cover system when you can sprint over rubble and stairs like a beast, rush inside a room while bolt action "peasants" miss and panic and then bring ur MKB up in 0.5 secs?

Upvote 0
Currently RO2 is as fast paced spam shooter as COD and BC2 except fallen fighters and spartanovka.

I disagree, while it's a bit too fast for my taste, it's still not anywhere near COD except maybe appartments.

If ro2 was anywhere near tactical those kind of suicide-tard rush tactix wouldnt be better than leaning/using cover sys and playing more carefully.
Who the heck needs realistic LMGs that need to be deployed when you can stand in the middle of a dark room and snipe peeps at 200m w/o being super obvious as the LMG dude.

Learn to play machine gunner. Seriously...

Who needs to the cover system when you can sprint over rubble and stairs like a beast, rush inside a room while bolt action "peasants" miss and panic and then bring ur MKB up in 0.5 secs?

Agreed, it's silly that you can sprint on such surfaces with the speed you can right now.

Upvote 0

I agree, totaly. I like to play MG but if enemy runs too fast! If i cover a small part of map i can shoot only 2-3 bullets to someone who is running and they are goone from my sights. That is on a range of 100 meters!
Lets calculate - if range is 100 meters and im covering a path of 30 meters and the enemy sprints that 30 meters in f***** 3 seconds he is running 10 meters per second! Allmost like Usain Bolt!
In my opinion that is way too fast for a tired soldier with load of gun, ammo, food, bandages, water etc. RO1 speed was spot on, this really reminds me on a COD speed...

Upvote 0
I have to disagree with most of you guys. I'm playing the game a lot slower and thought out than this guy and thus scored many kills on that type of players. His opponents didn't have a clue and got caught guards down all the time.

Aside from that Apartments is a very compact map with a huge advantage for the germans before A and B are captured or in the transition from A/B to C/D with few remaining lonesome defenders in the first apartment complex.

Why does everybody belief, that the only way to play a game, has to be the one they prefer. Why should everybody be forced to play your style. You can be pretty successful playing both ways and I'm fine with it.

There's no doubt that an assault playing MP40, PPSH or MKB has a big advantage in this kind of CQC. It's tough to compete with a bolt rifle at that point. But it's hell of a lot fun to hipshoot or stab those guys. Not easy but satisfying.

Another thing to keep in mind: My goal is to stay alive and cap/defend territory not to kill as many foes as possible in front of their spawn. As a defender you can successfully create an area of denial by other means, than running around like a maniac on amphetamines. I' ll leave that to someone else.

Upvote 0
anyone that compares cod and RO2, has obviously never played a cod game.. they are nothing alike, and play nothing like each other, i played cod for a few years before moving over to RO series.. RO2 is nowhere near as fast paced as any of the CoD games... if you really think they play alike, go back to CoD than.

Upvote 0