• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

British accent

Why is it that the zombies don't have British accents, but the players do?
Because a British accent is jolly decent - and Zeds clearly aren't terribly nice people.

Actually, it is rather akin to the question that us Brits ask a lot: why are the heroes in Hollywood movies American (Arnie notwithstanding) and the baddies are so often Brits?

Upvote 0
Because a British accent is jolly decent - and Zeds clearly aren't terribly nice people.

Actually, it is rather akin to the question that us Brits ask a lot: why are the heroes in Hollywood movies American (Arnie notwithstanding) and the baddies are so often Brits?
I've never heard the gents from England ask me that, wow. o_O

Its funny really, asking why the accent is different...:IS2:

Upvote 0
Having a British accent does not mean you SOUND smart. It means you ARE smart.
thumbs_exquisite_cat.jpg

Upvote 0
I think its oversaturation to be honest. Americana everywhere, and not just Hollywood, Action games based around USMilitary, Futuristic games where everyone speaks with an American accent, Sci-Fi games with American protagonists. I get that the market in the US is much larger, so marketing to them with familiar sounding characters is a good business move, it just makes you feel that America is the only country around.

Not that I dont like Americans, fine folk, you have a few loudmouths that can ruin the fun for you guys, but everybody does, its just that people seem to ignore the ones from other countries a bit more.

/tangent

Something on topic

YouTube - ‪Peter Sellers does various English accents‬‏

Upvote 0