• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Boss Heal Stages?

FZFalzar

Grizzled Veteran
May 11, 2011
UCC.exe
I've been modifying HardPat to be more dangerous (more rockets, chainguns) and stuff, but I have totally no idea how the healing triggers. I coded him to do a Dread-like explosion, along with anti-stun as he enters the healing phase, so no exploits and stuff.

Stuff I already know are that:
In PostBeginPlay, ZombieBoss, Health and HealingAmount are scaled up, so are the "limits", in the array HealingLevels. This scaling however, does not seem to be able to be changed in HardPat, as I've tried. It still seems to heal at 20%, and a very tiny amount. I've managed to force healing on Pat to heal a more substantial amount since I am unable to find any information on these functions: NotifySyringeA/B/C, which seem to only contain Health += HealthAmount. The problem is still the fact that he triggers at 20%, which isn't ideal :|

Already tried Grep-ping through the entire KF folder + sdk, nothing turned up for NotifySyringeA/B/C :/ No mention of it in the Engine/UT2k4 folders as well.

HardPat did override one or two of those, but I see no noticeable effect it has on the boss code in general. I managed to code in a workaround though, that would force him to heal, as well as anti-heal cancellations. Patsplosion when he goes healing is also working so all's good for now I guess.

Upvote 0
In the function TakeDamage everything waits until a certain if statment is not returning true and another is

Code:
    if( Health<=0 || SyringeCount==3 || IsInState('Escaping') || IsInState('KnockDown') || IsInState('RadialAttack') || bDidRadialAttack/*|| bShotAnim*/ )
        Return;

if( (SyringeCount==0 && Health<HealingLevels[0]) || (SyringeCount==1 && Health<HealingLevels[1]) || (SyringeCount==2 && Health<HealingLevels[2]) )
After that certain things are set such a animation and a FreezeHack in the controller then he is sent into the state KnockDown, in that state he does a few things such as play a sound, add the boss squad in the gametype, cloak him then send him into the state Escaping

Last edited:
Upvote 0