• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics BEST Maps for power leveling?

You can always tell those who are bad/powerleveld. Same thing.

The support who is out for the most kills, lets other non-supports do the welding.

The Firebug that uses his ammo and is just plain bad.

The SS that can't hs, or kill scrakes. The main job of the ss.

The commando who ISN'T out for kills, and doesn't target crawlers/stalkers with priority.

The medic that let's teammates tank, and always finishes with 90% armour remaining (assumnig things went bad and he was needed to tank).

The Demo who obviously isn't thinking about smoke placement and frequency.

The Zerker who blames the medic for him dying.

Anyone who blames the medic for them dying, 99% of the time.

Anyone blinding raging things that they shouldn't be.

Etc etc.

I joined a server earlier where 3 firebugs were hiding in a certain spot and farming points there. God I hate firebugs, I've NEVER seen a good one. I don't think they can actually exist, just play commando/support.

Upvote 0
I used to try and power level on maps such as Doom 2, but it was boring, had to deal with angry kids trying to do the same as me, and made me a worse player in the process (develop bad habits, tunnel vision, etc).

Then I started playing normally to level perks. They wound up leveling at roughly the same speed and I had way more fun and became a much better player in the process.

tl;dr it's best to play the game normally, the perks will level.

Upvote 0
I have to agree with others around here that powerleveling won't teach you to play the game, except with the welder.

I get that welding doors is a tactical choice, I get that it's possible to grind your way up to level 6, but I don't think I'm alone in saying that grinding is not all that much fun. I only recommend this tactic because I think welding is fairly useless until you hit a higher level and you have to get the shotgun damage total before leveling anyways. This basically voids one of the support leveling requirements.

Play a solo level on beginner or normal. Kill all but two foes, (I don't t think crawlers work as well as other kinds, testing may be required) Pull out the knife and run through a door, weld the door shut. While welding, open the steam overlay (shift+tab is default), watch through the overlay and make sure you're still welding, take a nap. Come back later to reap your rewards.

Other tips that have probably been mentioned: Mediguns have an alt fire of a healing dart, they recharge separately from the syringe and makes leveling the medic easier. Also, medic's grenades heal teammates.

There are a few guns that could for multiple perks, the new trenchgun counts for the firebug AND the support, though the support gets more benefits (n my opinion) there's an assault rifle that will level the demo. Look it up.

Aside from that, play the game. A level 6 is only a perk package, it won't make you a godly player. Learn the maps, make some friends and level together, and most of all: Have fun!

Good luck!

Upvote 0
It's best to simply ignore a player's level half the time in this game.. it'll give you the wrong impression about their skills and leave you worse off due to expectations of their abilities lol.

But yeah.. depends on perk as far as getting levels.

Commando - Biotics Lab
Demolition - Doom2Finalv7
Support - I loved Office
Zerker - Farm/West London/LilClotKitchen
Firebug - Mountainpass
Sharpshooter - Any
Medic - Any FF server that isn't populated by TK'ing idiots (good luck finding one)

Upvote 0
It's best to simply ignore a player's level half the time in this game.. it'll give you the wrong impression about their skills and leave you worse off due to expectations of their abilities lol.

Depends, though I've yet to see often the case where a lower-lvled player ends up being protastic and the lvl 5/6s being noobtastic, and not counting new accounts or players who lost their progress for some reason. Especially on HoE, most players with perks lower than lvl 5 tend not to be HoE-material unless they're powerlvling some other their perks before switching to high-lvled perk they're proficient at.

There are exceptions within exceptions, but there's a stereotype because it's based on the most common occurring cases.

Upvote 0
Depends, though I've yet to see often the case where a lower-lvled player ends up being protastic and the lvl 5/6s being noobtastic, and not counting new accounts or players who lost their progress for some reason. Especially on HoE, most players with perks lower than lvl 5 tend not to be HoE-material unless they're powerlvling some other their perks before switching to high-lvled perk they're proficient at.

There are exceptions within exceptions, but there's a stereotype because it's based on the most common occurring cases.

I met a level 6 that was asking what key it was to drop a weapon

I'd bet money he was playing on someone else's account or was SAM hacking.

Upvote 0
I met a level 6 that was asking what key it was to drop a weapon

I'd bet money he was playing on someone else's account or was SAM hacking.

Haha, I definitely agree that there are plenty of lvl 6's who can't hold their own on the higher difficulties. I often forget which binds activates which quote, but not my action binds at least.

Upvote 0
Testmap might be the best one at the moment. I'm betting there's gonna be some creative boosting maps made asap that will be more efficient than test map.
It has to be the best. You simply play the v6 version, spawn a clot, shimmy around it and go through the tunnel that takes you to the area where the bots are. Once you're there, the clot will go press the button on the wall and spawn a fleshpound ans scrake. Kill the clot, the fleshpound will press the buttons as well and you'll get more. Any time you need more to spawn, just lure one back to the corner with the buttons (you need not even leave the area with the bots) and you'll get em.

I can't see there being any faster of a way, as you get the highest HP specimen (w/o ranged attacks) and you're in a trader zone that also makes you immune to damage (nothing can reach you). I averaged about 500k in a half hour as a commando on HoE. I already had level 6 in everything, but that last .5M was daunting and killing my OCD. It was the last perk I needed to get 'level 7'.

Upvote 0