• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best and worst of suggestion - Look here before posting

If you are sceptic about how a similar thread can help a game... Look at this thread!

This is the most succesful suggestion thread ever posted on this forums... More than 57000 views and more than 1800 replies!
And most of new features of the game were realized just because of this thread!
All I wanted to do is something similar for RO. It worked there and it will work here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The idea is good, i never complained about that. But the points you put forward, were rather one sided ;). So stating immediately that it already is a list of the generic wants of the community is a bit odd then. I think its better to say perhaps commonly suggested ideas.

Perhaps, but at one point or another someone is going to have to arbitrarily decide what is "good" and what is not (and thats inevitably left down to the devs) and I believe Capt. Cool is doing a good job in grouping all the ideas to make it easier (and as reasons he suggested) I'm sure he made quite a good decision in putting most of the ideas on his first post because I'm sure he could tell that if it was discussed in previous threads and people liked the ideas then bam, straight onto his first post. It is not hard to tell what is a good idea and what isnt liked by the community IMO. That said - as he always is reiterating, the list isnt complete but will always be annotated due to the continuation on what people say and whether they agree or not in this thread.

I for one agree with everything on it at this point.

One thing to add perhaps - It hasnt been talked in great detail but an improved close quarters combat system? I know there was some discussion of a 'swinging' action as opposed to just the thrusting system. If anyone could get a link to that would be great.

Another idea (which I think would be good coinciding with the ratio of combatants) is a realistic supply of ammo based on the conditions etc:
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=41051[/URL]

Upvote 0
*glance at Emperror*

You have to add Attack dogs to the rejected list. :p

You darn evil you :D you might finally stop it someday?

To add to the list:

Falling to the ground when being shot in the legs (current RO's simple running/standing on is quite annoying)

Serversided ragdoll to have equal dead bodies (client sided ragdoll is a NO GO for realism shooters)

Looting of player bodies (taking ammo pouches and nades from the body rather than the ammopouches are independent from the body.)

Grenades having direct impact damage and can be no longer thrown through player models without effect.

MG melee attacking, slow
but powerful

Oders achieved visible on player bodies (ex.: Iron Cross, Knights Cross, etc.), shouldn't be too difficult to model them and attach them to the body via online ranking on steam.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Zetsumei: Easy pickup system for dropped weapons & Individual Reinforcments

O'Shannon:
mixed selection of 2 types of nades & vote menu

SturmSS:
Limited Ammo in supply crates

all added. :)

"animations for changing places in all vehicles" @ skittlesareyum47
would like to see that too, but normal animation for getting out of a vehicle is much more important.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
great thread:D have been waiting for someone to collect suggestions for a long time. keep up the good work!

anyway, just wanted to add hand held anti tank weapons like magnetic mines and molotovs.
G

Upvote 0
about the tanks:

include (from DH new patch):

• Improved track damage model:
    • Hit areas are now better defined
    • Frontal and aft shots now have the possibility to take out tracks.
  • Additional component damage:
    • Locational hits to the turret can disable traverse, or affect gun elevation.
    • Locational hits to the turret can cook off shells in turret ready racks.
    • Locational hits to driver’s area can damage controls or “disable” tank.
  • Improved crew damage model:
    • Crewmen can now take fire damage (hot, hot!).
    • Hull gunners can now be struck by penetrating shots (damage to drivers and commanders added in the previous Betas).
all this can be included (some points are yet in the OP, but i do copy-paste XD)

EDIT:

don't include:

loader position in tanks

EDIT 2:

i think that this thread MUST be TOP-thread

and, Cpt.Cool, i suggest you to order better the OP and add something like this: "please everyone post/link all the ideas that he proposed and/or all the ideas that he remembers and that there aren't yet in the OP"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some things for competitive gaming:

Server profiles as said already.
But including with that the ability to export and import server profiles in an easy way (and perhaps making it possible to export them in a read only format). This so that competitive websites can make a pre made server profile for clan matches, so every server will easily be set up exactly the same within a tournament.

but other things as well.

- Ability for teams to ready up at the start of a round, so a game won't start till both clans are ready.
- Ability for a server to automatically swap a team to the other side and resetting the scores and results after the first round is over, to speed up the process of playing the second round.
- Ability to automatically take a screen shot of the scoreboard at the end of a round.
- Ability for an easy way to start a demo recording at the start of the match without having to use the game console.
- Ability to watch/record demo's in first person view, while being able to see the weapon or a cross-hair to see where someone is aiming at.
- Ability to fast forward to a certain frame in demo's and ability to rewind in demo's.
- Ability to enable wallhack mode when watching demos to see if someone is tracking through walls.
- Automatic random screen shot creation during a demo recording, and somehow saving the screen shots itself within the demo recording file, so its possible to check for wallhacks etc.
- Ability to save a players configuration files / hardware&driver details within a demo, so its possible to check for any bind/setting exploits.
- Ability to see a players steam ID in the scoreboard for competitive matches, together with date, time, and serverip.
- An easy way to admin a server from within the server, without have to use console commands or going out of the game to use web admin.

----------

Demo recording and Screen shot grabbing are important for competitive matches, as no anti cheat is 100% waterproof. So in case of accusations of cheating Administrators must have the tools to verify or debunk accusations, otherwise a competitive community will fall apart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some things for competitive gaming:

Server profiles as said already.
But including with that the ability to export and import server profiles in an easy way (and perhaps making it possible to export them in a read only format). This so that competitive websites can make a pre made server profile for clan matches, so every server will easily be set up exactly the same within a tournament.

but other things as well.

- Ability for teams to ready up at the start of a round, so a game won't start till both clans are ready.
- Ability for a server to automatically swap a team to the other side and resetting the scores and results after the first round is over, to speed up the process of playing the second round.
- Ability to automatically take a screen shot of the scoreboard at the end of a round.
- Ability for an easy way to start a demo recording at the start of the match without having to use the game console.
- Ability to watch/record demo's in first person view, while being able to see the weapon or a cross-hair to see where someone is aiming at.
- Ability to fast forward to a certain frame in demo's and ability to rewind in demo's.
- Automatic random screen shot creation during a demo recording, and somehow saving the screen shots itself within the demo recording file, so its possible to check for wallhacks etc.
- Ability to see a players steam ID in the scoreboard for competitive matches, together with date, time, and serverip.
- An easy way to admin a server from within the server, without have to use console commands or going out of the game to use web admin.

----------

Demo recording and Screen shot grabbing are important for competitive matches, as no anti cheat is 100% waterproof. So in case of accusations of cheating Administrators must have the tools to verify or debunk accusations, otherwise a competitive community will fall apart.

all of this ^ please

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's probably too late for suggestions at this point for ROHOS. If it's coming out this year, I'm pretty sure the features are already decided on and effectively set in stone. All that can happen is features will be removed due to coding issues / things not working / gameplay issues.

Before ROOST came out, I made a few of my own tank suggestions, which I found out were already implemented and being play tested when I joined the beta program. Ramm originally thought there was a leak when I made my list of suggestions (turns out great minds think alike - j/k).

TWI already knows all these suggestions, but it's nice to see which are considered the most important to the community. I would suggest a poll instead so we can get a more representative sample.

Upvote 0
You are probably right Mormegil, however that won't stop me for posting.

AT-guns ( like the Pak-38 not as in rifles) I think should be in standard to realistically supplement infantry vs tanks instead of "satchel charges or doom".

Anyway for tanks off the top of my head at lest some of these things would be nice to add to the tanking system:

-Realistic ballistic data for tank cannon rounds.
-Realistic armor for tanks
-Differing armor values based on armor type for example FHA vs RHA.
-Different round types: AP, APC,APCBC, APHE, HEAT, APCR/HVAP, ect.
-Difference between APCBC and AP as well as other round types in terms of penetration effects and damage to vehicle.
-Shatter-Gap
-Over-match
-Reverse slope (sloped armor needs flat ground to work properly being on unlevel ground worsens the protection gained by the slope)
-All tank armor modeled for example Turret armor, lower front armor, DFP, roof armor, etc.
-Realistic round deviation rate for tank shells.
-Realistic MG rounds amount in tanks
-Realistic tank cannon reload rates
-Realistic depression and elevation of tank cannon and of hull MG
-Realistic turn rate on the vehicles
-Realistic traverse of inclines as well as wading through water.
-Realistic magnification and FOV for tank optics
-Realistic tank weapon load-out: 1 Smg and a few grenades.
-Realistic damage if tanks fall of cliffs or ram into objects.
-Realistic Armor for APCS (APC's should not be subject to damage from small arms fire!)
-Realistic weight so that you can flip tanks with a HT any more
-NO BAILING OUT UNLESS THE VEHICLE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!
-Working escape hatches
-Ability to blow off parts of the tank (turret, hatches,fuel cainisters etc.)
-Implementation of GEARS for all vehicles
-Engine overheat for going top speed all the time
-Terrain distinction so that vehicle speeds will be modeled more realistically
-Working tank instruments no floating speedometers.
-Overheating MG in tanks and spare Mg barrels ( they had a box with a few spare barrels in tanks)
-Ability to damage to tank cannon and hull MG
-Damage based off damage to tank components/crew rather than Health value....( possibility to have "knocked out tank")
- Dynamic and Specific wheel,track and suspension damage (not all damage equals immobility)
- Damage which does not immobilize the tank should cause very noticeable degradation/worsening of driving operation.
- Vehicles with track "damage" should not instantly disappear when you vacate them adding a "knocked out tank scenario" ( pesky tankers went back into knocked out tanks and used them to blast enemy tanks whom assumed they were empty).
-Rank system to insure the best vehicles go to the good players
-Spawning inside the vehicle rather than the mad dash to a vehicle that ends with some one tking you either on purpose (shot by a friendly out of cupola) or accident ( run over by tank)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kashash
Upvote 0