• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Been lagging. KF using 1,120,968K mem!

StuG

May 20, 2009
I've posted this problem before because i've been having this terrible lag that will go into the 900+ area then shoot back to 100... It does it non-stop. Posted it on here and was met with it's my internet...Well I read somewhere that there may be a memory leak. So today when I started lagging in the 900 area I alt-tabbed and took a SS of my memory usage by KF.

I'm pretty sure this is not normal.... how do I solve this? Also, I've heard that there may be driver issues with KF/RO and the Geforce 8 series?

My specs are

Windows XP Home x32 Service Pack 3
MSI K9N SLI-F nForce 570LT Socket AM2+ Motherboard
AMD Athlon 7750 Dual Core 2.71 Ghz
4 Gb of RAM
Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT

kf1mill.png

Last edited:
its eating 1.5 gigs for me as well for a 1.65 gig game thats a bit excessive i think :p
Any more that 1.5 for probably would have froze up my computer...

This is what happened last night:

KillingFloor.exe using aprox 1.5 gigs of RAM
Windows XP uses around 400 megs to run
STEAM uses around 40 megs.

I looked at it, and was like:eek: 2017/2048 total memeory currently in use. It was so slow I just rebooted. I don't think I've ever ran into a RAM issue like this lol...

*prays he never has to upgrade to 4 gigs of RAM, as DD2 prices have soared in the past couple of weeks*

Upvote 0
I'm not necessarily getting long load times, but on map changes I get a hitch and then it loads normally (and process allocation is wacky).

(and for the record, the test team spends hundreds of hours playing and bugtesting before you even hear that an update is coming)

None of us experienced this (including me, whos getting it now).

Specs, fwiw:
i7 920
12gb of DDR3 1600
Steam dir is on a 300gb Raptor
2 GTX260 c216 SSC in SLI
Vista Ultimate 64

Last edited:
Upvote 0