• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another "great" preview

I think it is funny that DICE guy wants to make BF3 more scripted, both BC games singleplayer was hugely scripted without any sandbox elements. $60 is a lot to pay for a movie.

Indeed.

Before I went to bed last night after playing some KF, steam popped up an ad for CoDMW3......

$99.99!!!

Are you frick'n kidding me??

And what do you get for that hundred bucks?

Just the game...... My Jebus Hughbert Christopher!

It's a slightly-interactive movie.... I wouldn't pay 100 bucks for a game that's 1/3 script, 1/3 movie and 1/3 actual gameplay with a run&gun MP.

Last edited:
Reactions: lopez
Upvote 0
But this quote got me thinking "WTF"

Adaptation is considered a flaw these days? Wow...

Author of that preview got problems with a keyboard setup. He need some time to run away and, as he said, start playing with the players. So, yes, it`s a little weird.

I try to improve my language skill but translating an article from mother tongue to foreign language is more difficult than vice versa. It was my first that big an article which I tried to translate. I wanted to help you to better understand this one. Guys, I think next time will be better :)

Upvote 0
ZNJ6I.jpg

Why?

It's a gaming laptop, not EA's Origin

Upvote 0
i completely disagree. How a game plays at the top lvl is not a good indicator of how it will play for the readers. a review in the eyes of a professional gamer is not accurate to well over 99% of the people reading it. A reviewer needs only be a competent gamer to make a decent review of a game.

Are you implying that you need to be a pro gamer to play the game at it's full potential? That's an extremely subjective opinion IMO. Because then you would need to define potential as a skillful experience rather than a fun experience. I'm really not saying he should be a pro gamer, but they should atleast be able to grasp what makes a game fun and judge on that and not on their opinion of what they think is fun before actually getting into the game. Such reviews only cater shallow people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can totally understand why the reviewer would write in this seemingly "weird" style. Why?

Because I know exactly how he feels, its how you feel after being shot 30 times in a row without leaving your spawn because you don't know how to play and think that you can just play the game like COD. And then you instantly go to write about it.

See how it calms down as it continues? As time passes his rage at the enemy team slowly cools. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I dig that review. Somewhat both confused and confusing, but having read it in Polish, I disagree with Apos. I've understood the general tone to be one of approval. I suppose the reservations were supposed to reflect an average gamer's point of view.
The one thing I disagree with was the remark about visuals, as Zips's screens have clearly proven to me.

Upvote 0
Nail on the head. Different game mechanics call for different strategies. One of my favorite online shooters is TF2, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy RO and it clearly doesn't mean I use the same tactics in both games.

COD is braindead. TF2, Tribes 2, Quake 3 etc etc etc aren't.

If people wanna play it though sure. Music elitism is only trumped by "gaming elitism" in stupidity :p.

But don't pretend COD is anywhere close to these other unrealistic style games I mentioned in terms of learning curve. It's simplistic and dumbed down in comparison.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A game all about Germany and Russia...historically i'm not surprised he might not like it =p ;)

Historically, I think you are missing the point. RO1 was, in fact, extremely popular in Poland - judging not only by my gut feeling and its very low and super affordable retail price, but also by Wilsonam's comment (ze here). Also, while not possibly imagining I could get into Wilsonam's thinking, I suppose he was joking [as far as the reasons for its popularity went].

Tsk-tsk-tsk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0