• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another "great" preview

From what i read *reviewer* is shell shocked by RO2-he likes it but his fondness of brainless FPS shooters prevails in most of the review points.

I think he will continue to play COD in the future.

Its sad that there are people that actually think like this. Is that the excuse you convinced yourself to believe? You're bad at bf and cod games because you're smart and they are brainless shooters? Thats so sad... A good player in any shooter, whether its a cod, a bf, a tf, a cs, a ro, or whatever is going to be thinking just as strategically as any other.

Upvote 0
Its sad that there are people that actually think like this. Is that the excuse you convinced yourself to believe? You're bad at bf and cod games because you're smart and they are brainless shooters? Thats so sad... A good player in any shooter, whether its a cod, a bf, a tf, a cs, a ro, or whatever is going to be thinking just as strategically as any other.

Nail on the head. Different game mechanics call for different strategies. One of my favorite online shooters is TF2, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy RO and it clearly doesn't mean I use the same tactics in both games.

Upvote 0
I don't know why people are getting antsy about little things like this. All my favorite games, even the popular ones, have mediocre-bad reviews from one or two magazines listed on metacritic.

On top of that the maps aren't small and I haven't even played. Just from watching videos some of them look medium sized compared to RO1, and some still look large or even larger(Cept some tank maps, those were ridiculous, quit making them for RO and go play T-72 steel balkans or whatever.)

I just think too many new players pre-ordered with barley an idea of what Red Orchestra was, and are scared of what it will be. And a bunch of old players who are scared that it will turn out like COD. Like one player was upset about unlocks until he read that you wont be able to run around realism servers with a kar98k on russian side unless you pick it off the ground.

Another player was worried about the sounds not being in a native language for his team. Do you have any idea how big a pain of the *** it is to be screaming for machine gun ammo and have 5-10 teamates run past you? Just with this problem they made an awesome decision IMO, keep enemy voices so you still crap yourself when Germans are whispering giberish in the ruins next door, but understand your teamates so you know about that grenade.

Just watch the gameplay videos if your doubting it. The almost month old videos look awesome. Hell even the AI looks at least looks STALKER: Clear Skys competant.

Reactions: u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
Apos -> Thx for linking this preview, but few things:
1. I enjoyed playing beta RO2 after first bad impression (and I wrote this in preview),
2. I didn't write "maps are very smal", only "maps are smaller than in FH2"

I wrote impressions-based-preview (no review!) and problem with Red Orchestra 2 beta is that many features aren't now available - tanks for example. In conclusion I wrote, that I wait with my final judgment to final version of the game (despite fact, that even if RO2 will have smaller scale than FH2, I will enjoy playing this game because of its atmosphere).

" has this person played RO1?"
I played. Not very long but yes, I played.

"If he liked BFBC2 and disliked RO2 that means RO2 is awesome!!!"

I like both games :>.

[Sorry for any mistakes in language]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

No I don't play BF and COD because it takes half a magazine to kill someone. And as such I don't respect the opinion of people who like that game, when it comes to other games, especially anything with a pysics engine. Nothing to do with strategy(Tactics at this level btw.)

Upvote 0
ZNJ6I.jpg

Why?
Its a thing for originpc nothing to do with the EA thing.

Upvote 0
For a reviewer to review a game properly, he or she should be a gamer in my opinion. Somebody that can flawlessly use the control scheme of any game.

A game reviewer should be able to extract the essence of a game and put it into well formulated words and correct sentences. To do that a reviewer must be able to adapt to the aggressiveness or defensiveness of a game.

RO1 and 2 are defensive in nature, since you need to defend your life and that of your comrades. These days most games take an aggressive stance on how to play the game.

Most game reviewers these days actually lack the experience to adapt their playing style to the game. And with defensive play being the minority of the games, it gives the newbie reviewers something that they can not adapt to. Which is why they can't seem to get their fun out of it.

Which to me is more a problem of a lack of experience than anything else.

Upvote 0