• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

And what about the volonteers?

vingt2

May 19, 2010
Hi team,
Well, this is my first post on the forum since my email provider is blocked, I didn't had any courage to fix that in the past, but make no mistake, i'm a total fan of R.O, and DH (and kf but thats not the question here). I've always wanted to work for a RO mod team (especially DH :) ) but couldn't really pretend to pass the gap between what I knew and did on the idtech3 (moh.AA and cod). But when the UDK got out, I started to work on.
So I have a few questions for you masters :
- Will it be possible to work for free, as a volonteer, since I don't care with beeing paied, for the official release?
- Will you still recrute devs in a month or two as I will be able to show you effective work on the UE3
(Level design, props making and other models stuff, basic character modelling and animations, cascade PE effects, use and creation of post-process chain using material effects, and creation of complex materials (simulating water...))

I'd really love to get involve in your adventure :rolleyes:;
Vingt-2

Last edited:
Well surely I'd like to assist in development of Rising Storm. But I'm not sure if I can handle the UED 4.0 yet so far, I've been quite successful with the UED 3.0 for UE 2.0, so I need someone with good knowledge who can tell me if I'm a total madman to sign up here or if it's not such a big jump to get used to the new editor and he'd encourage me to sign up.

Please tell me.

Upvote 0
I'm not so sure I should actually apply for a team position, seeing as my mod developer credentials are... errm... lets just say a bit weak, but I was a modeller for a Korean War mod for Crysys that didn't go anywhere, and therefore I have a few U.S. weapon models lying around not doing anything... some might require at least a little tweaking, but would there be any interest in some donations?

Upvote 0
Thank you to everyone who has sent applications so far - I have been quite busy dealing with them.

I will start replying to applications next week.

If anyone else fancies applying please go ahead...

http://www.risingstormgame.com/application.html

...especially animators :rolleyes:

Anyone familiar with mod teams will know that good animators are rarer than virgins in Portsmouth.

Seriously though, thank you guys for your interest - I have seen some outstanding quality applications so far... keep 'em coming. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We are processing applications as fast as they are coming in and I would expect to have a good overview of what we have got by the end of next week - that's when more detailed discussions with people would be taking place and short-lists would begin to be drawn up.

Also, I would expect the the Lead Level Designer will want more detailed discussions of his own with prospective members of his crew.

Upvote 0
OK - we are in the final stages of choosing the mappers and are beginning to narrow down the art team and code team fields as well.

The main reason I haven't replied much to people so far is that it is a far better use of my time at the moment to get a good team than it is to communicate all the minutiae of the selection process to people.

Basically, I'm dead busy with this and sorry, but you have to bear with us.:eek:

Thanks for your patience.

One thing I can say, is that posting in these forums is not going to affect the outcome of the selection process... only great folios and, where requested, good art tests, will decide that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi
i would also love to work on a new red orchestra mod (when needed as a volonteer too ;) ) but before i write an application i would like to know if its worth it.
i see 2 problems with my person:

1. ive only a great experience in the source-engine
2. (and the most important point) i dont think that you can need texture-artists only, right? atleast i dont see that you are searching for one. i think it is expected that the modeler makes his own textures ^^?!

what do you say to an texture-only-man ?!

Upvote 0