• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AA12 shotgun needs buffing

I think the AA12 is fine the way it is. Probably the best thing support and our shotguns are for is clearing a path. You know the point where people are falling back, because of the huge amount of specimen walking their way and they're getting close? That when you step up and let the shotgun hum. Our bullet penetration is awesome for clearing a crowd. You can sweep a hall right and left real quick and completely clear it with a couple of rounds. This buys time for people to reload and push back up.

Upvote 0
The AA12 is better than the SCAR and I have a level 6 commando and a level 3 support. The only advantage that the SCAR has is ammo efficiency and killing Husks, but in term of killing power AA12 wins hands down.

Incompatible comparison. The weapons are used in completely different manners. You can't effectively take down specimens from medium to long range with shotguns.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I omitted some things. We were playing hard, and the 20 shells that I emptied into a walking scrake still had to have some sharps on it, aswell as level4 demo using his m79 grenlauncher. Which is the whole point of the game; teamwork.

On suicidal I understand, but like its already been mentioned, when you compare it with the m14 which has 20 bullets and being able to 3 shot a scrake, it just makes no sense how a gun with 20x5pellets cant do more damage.

If they dont up the damage I would like to see an up in the clips!

Upvote 0
I dont get these guys. They pick one of the best weapons in game and say it sucks and should be better.

AA12 is very good crowd control weapon, you can take out like 30 lesser enemies which are packed up in front of you with a single clip, hows that bad? It might not be as effective against scrakes and fleshpounds but you can always use eg. hunting shotgun which takes down scrakes just like that and isnt bad against fleshpounds either. Level 5 support can carry both AA12 and hunting shotgun.

While it might not be very realistic that 20 shotgun shells in the head doesnt rip your head off, its still a game and in order to keep it balanced you have to make some sacrifices.

Upvote 0
.medium to long range with shotguns.
Geez back in the day (kf retail 1.0) shotgun sniping was all the rage.

I don't quite understand why people don't think highly of the AA12. It quite clearly the best mob weapon and has the highest body shot dps in the game (granted not sustained). Level 6 support can usually get it by second round hard or forth round suicidal at latest. Running shotgun/AA12 makes you a mob beast.

Upvote 0