• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AA12 shotgun needs buffing

I'd like to see them add two more clips to the AA12 and lower the price by 1k. It would then be balanced.

Other stuff:

M14 - bump price to match AA12, lower ammo by about 4 clips drop damage by say 10-20%

Grenades - Cut cost by 25% for all.

M32/M79 - speed reload by ~30% for level 6 demo.

i agree. i cant say iv used the aa12 enough to know if its a good weapon or not....i find my self choosing the old support setup over the aa12.

Upvote 0
20 shells in the fp's head vlan....not dead with support
1 arrow in his head......dead.......with the medic perk
hard difficulty

I'm able to kill an FP solo on normal easily with the AA12 (as I should be with that number of players on that difficulty). That's with level 2 support perk.

On hard I can do it in one AA12 clip with a non support so I'm sure it would work with support.

I'll double check tonight to be sure...you should double check too. 20 AA12 headshots in a row not dropping a FP sounds amiss.

Upvote 0
The m14 nerf idea is overkill.

I've switched camps on this. I think the m14 needs a nerf. Either lower damage, or lower the clips. Price is prolly OK. It's the AA12 that needs a price adjust.

It imbalances the game to have something that is good at taking out both trash and biggies. It should be one or the other not both. If both are desired then some other limitation (ammo, price, recoil, reload time) needs to compensate.

Upvote 0
I'm able to kill an FP solo on normal easily with the AA12 (as I should be with that number of players on that difficulty). That's with level 2 support perk.

On hard I can do it in one AA12 clip with a non support so I'm sure it would work with support.

I'll double check tonight to be sure...you should double check too. 20 AA12 headshots in a row not dropping a FP sounds amiss.

i can kill a fp on suicidal alone but with 2 clip (support 6) BUT just 6 clip and if a lot of zeds come, you cant kill them during you kill the fp
personely, they must keep this config BUT a higher price for exemple : aa12 = 4000

Upvote 0
I've switched camps on this. I think the m14 needs a nerf. Either lower damage, or lower the clips. Price is prolly OK. It's the AA12 that needs a price adjust.

It imbalances the game to have something that is good at taking out both trash and biggies. It should be one or the other not both. If both are desired then some other limitation (ammo, price, recoil, reload time) needs to compensate.

Yeah, I agree that it needs a nerf of some kind, but I felt that all of those things combined would severely hurt it's effectiveness. It definitely needs to have its close combat capabilities reduced IMO.

Upvote 0
Funny how every thread about weapon tweaks turns into a thread about nerfing the M14. Cut M14 ammo reserve in half and/or put the laser sight on the Winchester instead. If you ask me, the point of the laser sight is to line up aimed headshots, but with the ridiculous ammo capacity, it's more effective to spam away. If the laser sight were put on the LAR, the headshots would do double damage, and combined with the slower fire rate, would encourage aimed shots consistent with the SS's modus operandi. Accurate hip firing would still be possible to kill FP's and close-range targets but would require more skill without the laser sight. Improve M14 ironsights to compensate for removal of laser sight.

The AA12 is great, but I must admit the 5 shot pellets do seem a bit dinky. I'd also like to see a 6-shot pellet, even if the damage per pellet were nerfed accordingly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did anyone else notice the M14EBR fires the 7.62x41mm NATO cartridge?

The SCARMK17 also fires the 7.62x41mm NATO, yet is has significantly less damage.

Perhaps the best way to nerf the M14 is to balance the damage of the SCAR and the M14.

This balance and a higher fire rate/mag capacity might make those spammers move to commando.

But back to the point of the thread.

The AA12 comes with 8round, 20round and 32round mags, so there exists the possibility to increase the mag size of the AA12, if the AA12 increases the mag capacity by 2 shells every level from L1 up, a L6 Supp. Spec. will end up with the 32 shell mag.

There's your buff. :D

Upvote 0
Did anyone else notice the M14EBR fires the 7.62x41mm NATO cartridge?

Im pretty sure its 7.62x54mm. (.30 cal?)

After ww2 and the german assualt rifle (sturmgewehr 44 / Maschinenpistole 44 fired 7.92x33), military around the world looked at how they could combine the best from rifle's and SMG's. The russian solution was AK47 (mass produced from 1947) and the 7.62x39 round.
NATO didnt catch the "assualt rifle" trend untill late 50ies / early 60ies with m16 (5x56x45).

Norway is just now getting on that train. Buying hk416 (5.56x45) for our special forces. I bet half of them will prefer a 40 year old AG3 (G3A5, fires 20 rounds of 7.62x54, same as m14) with collapsible stock and some high tech aiming device. :eek:

edit to be on topic: aa12 and scar is perfect. Nerf the m14 ammo and the xbow damage. Bring back the old FP decap, but only possible with zerker and katana / chainsaw alt-fire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0