• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A small medic suggestion:

E(rik)

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
New York
Make it so the Syringe also the get knife's speed boost. This'd be good because every game I go Medic in, there's usually one time where I'm chasing after someone trying to heal them and they're running towards the trader, resulting in a Benny-Hill like chase to the trader. It gets extremely annoying after a while.

Thanks.

I understand where you're coming from. I used to do this a lot as a medic, not exactly on the way to the trader... Just chasing people to heal. While it would be easy to change the run speed, I think its simply a case of cooperation.

These days, if someone runs away I wont chase them and if they die, well that's their problem. I just heal where I can and heal those that cooperate. :)

Upvote 0
resulting in a Benny-Hill like chase to the trader.

Rofl.

Make it so the Syringe also the get knife's speed boost. This'd be good because every game I go Medic in, there's usually one time where I'm chasing after someone trying to heal them and they're running towards the trader, resulting in a Benny-Hill like chase to the trader. It gets extremely annoying after a while.

Thanks.

But what about when you are running away from a group of specimens? Atm its a decision you have to make, wether to heal up and slow down for a moment or keep your gun out to make sure you dont get any more hits. If a speed boost is applied you dont have to worry about that anymore therefor it might make medics and zerkers even more stronger for kiting? Unless its a medic only ability but still.

Or I dont know wether it would rly have much difference in the end.

Upvote 0
I think this decision need make zerkers and other perks. Medic should be always able to heal.
But what real threat do Medics face if they can run away really fast and effectively heal themselves all the time?

It would bring us back to the days of players bailing about on their own because they cannot die and leaving the team in the dust to suffer.

Upvote 0

Good point

But what real threat do Medics face if they can run away really fast and effectively heal themselves all the time?

It would bring us back to the days of players bailing about on their own because they cannot die and leaving the team in the dust to suffer.

Better point, sadly

I don't think its a suggestion beyond the scope of being revised however. It could work if when actually applying a self heal you go down to the slower pace, but once it is complete you can run faster again with a syringe.

Obviously all the while holding it you are unable to attack, and you have to make enough distance to use it when you are far enough clear. In this way it would be no different to using the knife the create some distance then swapping to the Syringe manually.

This also has the added bonus of promoting team healing.

Upvote 0