• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF A Killing Floor game on OUYA

This. I think it could still work as a small multiplayer game on Steam, with four-player online co-op. Plus, if you made it, say, 25%-50% off for people who already have Killing Floor, I'm sure people will easily buy it as a "lite experience". Maybe even have a special weapon or character unlock for regular Killing Floor for those who buy it, like with Dwarfs?! and Rising Storm.

You'd probably sell more copies on PC than OUYA like that. ;)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39800

Upvote 0
I for one am looking forward to getting this console.

As a PC gamer, I have no intention of spending a crap load of money on a new gen console.

I would have already purchased it if I didn't have a Wii with homebrew, 4 controllers + classics. (I like my retro games)

With the above mentioned, I do think I will get one in the future.

Here are the reasons why it will work:

1- Everyone who grew up in the 90's with a SNES, Genessis, N64 may be interested strictly for the emulators.

2- games are free to try. There will be some gems in there. KF might be one of them

3- Do you even pay for cable or satelite TV anymore ??? this tiny device is perfect to set the internet on the tv. I think XBMC might come in. In short I am sure there will be good ways to stream media from your pc to the TV with it.

4- Open source = endless possibilities.

The only bad they have done is failed to send out consoles to their backers in time. This costs them terrible press as most of these people are being crybabies polluting their facebook forum... That is pretty bad.

I hope they make it as a solid fun little console.

Granted 250 for having it with 4 controllers is a little steep, but it's only a matter of time till cheap ebay controllers come out.

All in all

GREAT JOB TWI !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What do you think how they are going to make money with that thing? I guess they will have different ways to get the people spending money.
The emulators you're speaking of you can download them right away and don't have to pay 99$ for another model of "how to charge money when they don't know".

Upvote 0
I for one am looking forward to getting this console.

As a PC gamer, I have no intention of spending a crap load of money on a new gen console.

I would have already purchased it if I didn't have a Wii with homebrew, 4 controllers + classics. (I like my retro games)

With the above mentioned, I do think I will get one in the future.

Here are the reasons why it will work:

1- Everyone who grew up in the 90's with a SNES, Genessis, N64 may be interested strictly for the emulators.

2- games are free to try. There will be some gems in there. KF might be one of them

3- Do you even pay for cable or satelite TV anymore ??? this tiny device is perfect to set the internet on the tv. I think XBMC might come in. In short I am sure there will be good ways to stream media from your pc to the TV with it.

4- Open source = endless possibilities.

The only bad they have done is failed to send out consoles to their backers in time. This costs them terrible press as most of these people are being crybabies polluting their facebook forum... That is pretty bad.

I hope they make it as a solid fun little console.

Granted 250 for having it with 4 controllers is a little steep, but it's only a matter of time till cheap ebay controllers come out.

All in all

GREAT JOB TWI !

this seems like a topic for a new thread.

and it's also strictly your opinion which is no more informed than any of the rest of us, considering the product is nothing but hype at this point. all that anybody knows about it is, the marketing information.

and since the thing isn't even on the market yet, you are projecting into the future considerably, based solely on marketing hype.

this thing could sink into oblivion in six months for all you know and you're prepared to spend money on it already. some people may call that short-sighted or even gullible...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Any chance this game gets converted to PC?

I love top-down shooters, but I'm not going to buy this console for just one single interesting game.

When you aren't familiar with top-down shooters, then check out Alien Swarm. It's for free on Steam and totally amazing.The good overview this perspective offers, allows for a high degree of teamplay and fast paced maneuvering.

Upvote 0
Actually, it is pretty much finished - in QA and gameplay testing!

Any more details about the game? More screenshots and a video would be nice. Any chance of porting the pc version of Killing Floor to Ouya?

I have an Ouya and really like it. Lots of cool indie games plus works well with xbmc and emulators. Works with ps3 and xbox controllers. I don't see the reason some people hate the console. It has its flaws but overall it's a lot of fun.

Upvote 0