• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

9 losses in a row

Just the other day I was playing Allies ... Two lockdowns in a row on TE Grain .

Only a completely inept team can lose Grain Elevator as the Russians. You don't even have to take anything to win, just keep the Germans confined to the gatehouse by hitting the windows and the far corner outside the building and spawn camp the crap out of them. This is by far one of the most poorly-designed FPS maps I've ever seen, and truly one where the realistic, minimum 3-1 attacker to defender manpower advantage is necessary, unless the Russians are boobs and go crazy trying to attack rather than defend.

Upvote 0
Think I have yet to see Soviets win Apartments.
Sector D is very difficult to cap, and the attack usually stops there.
Even if all the other points are taken the Axis wins.

The other maps are better, but the majority of the wins seems to go to Axis imho.

I find D pretty easy to capture, just smoke so the Germans can't see you from the far of buildings and it's the Germans who has the vulnerable positions. The thing is though that everyone seem to prefer rushing into C.

Upvote 0
I think it might be useful when you communicate about these in-balance experiences, to indicate whether you play on 64 player servers or 40 or 32. Because I get the feeling the playercount is a pretty big factor in these stories.

From a personal experience, like many posters in this thread, I don't experience a German domination - but I usually play on 32-40 player servers, and I hardly play apartments.

I've seen Germans dominate on all Maps all sizes and Russians dominate on all Maps all sizes. It really comes down to team composition (quality of individual players + teamwork), its the same with all closed PvP Games (e.g. limited amount of ppl on both sides).

Only thing i noticed so far that could become problematic is on Grain Elevator, lately the German teams tend to cap A (Gate house) and while attacking B/C they already enter the grain Elevator and take a position on Level 2 and filter down behind the Russian Troops.

This might not be an issue when the Russian Team will have more experienced players who can stop that. If that continues to be a problem i guess it would help making level 2 a protected area until it can be actually capped.

Cause currently if the german team uses this approach, the Base level gets capped and Level 2 follows nearly instantly.

Upvote 0
Think I have yet to see Soviets win Apartments.
Sector D is very difficult to cap, and the attack usually stops there.
Even if all the other points are taken the Axis wins.

The other maps are better, but the majority of the wins seems to go to Axis imho.

I've seen the Russians roflstomp the Germans on this Map at times, other times its the boring snipefest over the bridge until Lockdown saves the Server :D.

Squadleader make a huge difference on this Map with their Smoke Grenades. Ironically on the smallest Map :D its the most deciding factor.

Upvote 0
Uhm ... yes, there is.

Its a phenomen usually encountered among games, same could happen within BC2 or other games having stats. I experienced the complete same thing in BC2.

Its quite random but goes like this:

1. One sides wins one or two rounds in succession.
2. Some players from the loosing team leave or join the winner side
3. Loosing side looses some more and those who care about winning/ are good/do teamwork will be frustrated eventually and leave too.
4. Loosing side is now 90% bad players or people not caring about winning, so get roflstomped.

It's not the Maps, its the Team Composition.

If one side is required to use smoke to advance, they suffer more from a lack of experienced players.
If one side has by random chance more players who don't want to rush towards the Cap zones, they will probably loose.

Reactions: Meirleach
Upvote 0
To be honest we are all going by personal experience, and anecdote is not fact. Hopefully(and I'm pretty sure they are) tripwire will be recording the percentage of wins per side on each map.

Personally I think the biggest thing problem is the players, most players want to be german so the side gets stacked, and a lot of the decent players seem to go Axis too. So you get that problem of the Russians all sniping around the map and not getting into cap zones, because they don't know any better.

I can fully understand the hiding out away from capzones thing too, when you first start playing RO2(or even RO1), you usually pretty quickly find out that charging willy nilly forward just gets you killed, so newer players tend to rubberband from charging and dying too much, to hiding and being passive too much. Given some time and leadership some of this should sort itself out, I just wish all the good players didn't always go Axis.

Upvote 0
Only a completely inept team can lose Grain Elevator as the Russians. You don't even have to take anything to win, just keep the Germans confined to the gatehouse by hitting the windows and the far corner outside the building and spawn camp the crap out of them. This is by far one of the most poorly-designed FPS maps I've ever seen, and truly one where the realistic, minimum 3-1 attacker to defender manpower advantage is necessary, unless the Russians are boobs and go crazy trying to attack rather than defend.

That makes sense. I just must have been going through perception bias because all of my early experiences on that map as Allies was getting hammered by the Axis.

Upvote 0
Nine losses with the russians

spread over the day..

I cant take RO2 anymore, every single server i join

-The axis team is overstacked with 2-3 players
-The axis team kicking *** whenever a MP40/MKB42 shows up
-The russian team losing everytime
-Seeing players with german styled names saying the balance is fine

Then the stats barely are recorded, no progress whatsoever..
im starting to loose faith in this game

Can somebody like, say something positive? Like that some balance changes are incoming? to get rid of this terrible imbalance?

Stop playing Apartments? Lol!

Upvote 0
That makes sense. I just must have been going through perception bias because all of my early experiences on that map as Allies was getting hammered by the Axis.

So were mine, but it seems that more not-so-scrupulous players have since discovered that it's easy to fire into both German spawns from the windows, and they generally now have no qualms about doing it. As I stated in my original post, IF the Russians don't spawn camp and instead beat themselves to death trying to take the gatehouse, they lose.

Upvote 0
Ok, enlighten me then.

Dude, there's, what, 25 threads about this all over the place? If you want enlightenment, do a thread seach for "unbalanced."

You want to base your assumption on your personal experience over a 4 game span? Yet, the OP is basing HIS on a NINE game span, but yours somehow outweighs his??? Come on, most -- but not all --of the maps favor the Germans because of capping. The Germans have automatic weapons that are virtually free of recoil, and have 2-3 times the ammo capacity of their Russian counterparts, AND the Mkb42 reloads 3 times as quickly as the crappy AVT. I mean, really, you haven't read at least 25 posts about this???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its a phenomen usually encountered among games, same could happen within BC2 or other games having stats.

In truth that is far worse in say, BF2. In which the teams stay the same at map change. I've gone easily for several maps in a row in FH2 where one side dominates. Very depressing.

Though on a semi-related note... I do miss there being an "auto-team" in RO2 as there was in RO1.

Upvote 0
I actually saw Russians win Apartments for the first time. But it was because the Germans were clueless an failed to defend any of the chokepoints. I think they pretty much just let them run into Propaganda house from the basement whenever they wanted. So yeah if the German team are complete stoners its actually possible for Russians to win that map. Though even then a lot of Russian blood was spilled to take the Park.

Upvote 0
Dude, there's, what, 25 threads about this all over the place? If you want enlightenment, do a thread seach for "unbalanced."

You want to base your assumption on your personal experience over a 4 game span? Yet, the OP is basing HIS on a NINE game span, but yours somehow outweighs his??? Come on, most -- but not all --of the maps favor the Germans because of capping. The Germans have automatic weapons that are virtually free of recoil, and have 2-3 times the ammo capacity of their Russian counterparts, AND the Mkb42 reloads 3 times as quickly as the crappy AVT. I mean, really, you haven't read at least 25 posts about this???

"Dude", I've played the retail game for a total of 57 hours so far, I think I would've noticed any imbalance to the game by now if there was any. So no, I am not just basing mine over 4 games, but rather some 100+ games.

And for your information the German weapons that feature very little recoil ingame, the MP40 being the only one, are also actually the ones that produce very little recoil in reality, and I know cause I've actually fired the MP40 on multiple occasions in real life.

Infact the only weapon ingame which atm features slightly too high a recoil, compared to reality, would be the Mkb42. Now don't go crying "

Last edited:
Upvote 0