• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

1C announces some RO2 features on the gamecom

[-project.rattus-]

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Austria
www.youtube.com
The inital info is as follows:

• There will be a SP campaign for both russians and germans, and it will be beatable in coop. Coop is also available in a skirmish mode. I think of it as some kind of Terrorist Hunt like in Ravenshield. Sounds nice
  • You will be able to position troops with a simply user interface. No info if this will be SP only or can be used to direct troops in MP.
  • Heroes: You can become an online hero. Only hero players have access to the bets and rarest weapons, plus they boost the moral troops on their own side while causing fear on the opposite side. Now I don't know if that's an actual game mechanic, or just marketing brabble. Also, it seems TW is going to recycle KFs perk and rank system. I for one dislike that. Why should I grind for a rank just to get to do the things I want? also, I foresee competitive gaming problems with the ranks.
  • All earned medals and perks will be available to check by players in game. Whatever that means. Possibly you can click on people on the scoreboard to check them out.
  • There will be a first person cover system. Yay

It's a rough translation from here: Gamestar (german)

Conclusively, sounds "meh". I am especially scared that it very much sounds like CoD4, and there isn't anything said about RO's unique asset: the realism.

Last edited:
Don't worry - there is PLENTY of realism :)

I'm glad to hear that. Still, I hate unlockables in multiplayer games, so that aspect alone might ruin RO:HoS for me.

But who do they say? Can't please anyone. It might also turn out to be good in the end. It's just that history taught me to trust the bad feeling in my guts concerning sequels of my favourite games...

But then, I now I can only be pleasantly surprised. ;)

[QUOTE=D.a.L-mistk

Last edited:
Upvote 0
finally some input here...

img_600x600.jpg

sounds good..
33cql47.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, if there are seriously perks and unlockables in Heroes of Stalingrad, I can tell you right now I'm not buying the game.

Edit: Holy ****, all that CoD bull**** is going to be in the game. I can't believe I already know whether or not I'm buying this.

I am sure the community is gonna miss guys like you.

We are gonna get a game with so many amazing features, gfx, gameplay editions and new ways to play RO AND lots of new players etc and because you get perks you are gonna bugger off :|

Anyway, this really is exciting news and I can't wait for this game.
Looking at all the new features, it will be worth the wait.

Upvote 0
This heroes thing seems retarded.

Unlockables seem ok as long as its just getting being able to get the g41 when you have the g43. Along those lines, instead of getting smgs and such from standard rifle class.

I will be happy if they un-nerf the SMGs. I will wait to see a video. Also if it's super close range combat like COD I will barf.

Upvote 0
I cant wait either =)

I'm sure the morale system and experience will improve things like suppresion, weapon stability, stamina, and pain endurance.

i don't think you guys should worry about killing floor's +10% rifle damage and that kind of stuff. I trust TWI that all will stay within teh realism

Upvote 0
I really like the Heroes concept, the game is obviously designed with features to support a wider audience, which is logical considering they want to sell their game to more than 2 people.

If you ever played a game like Battlefield or anything like that you know you need some kind of system to encourage new players to actually follow orders.

I hope the system is designed in a way that inspires respect among these players and not something that is simply used as bragging rights.
I think that heroes should get points based on cooperation with lower rank players, that would be nice.

All and all, the game looks great, I can has it soon?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perks for public play can enhance fun. For the general crowd.

If it means less important stuff like more stamina, less fear, more stability when aiming, maybe more speed. etc.

Not things like more bulletdamage, higher penetration ability, ability to take more damage, when dead have longer dying time where you can kill.

Although for clanmatches, i hope its possible for servers to get every player to the same level.

Upvote 0