• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

1049 WIP Beta Changelog

Well the gaming market is absolutely flooded with content these days. Games like Overwatch are garbage but they're shiny and fast and have cute girls in them, and it has Blizzards name on it. Is it a good game? Not at all. Does it attract players? Of course. I wouldn't want to associate with 90% of them in real life or ingame, but the way they mixed Call of Duty and Team Fortress 2 and called it a new game garaunteed players.

That's why KF2 may be struggling, it's an actual original concept these devs are trying to invent from scratch. If they wanted to make some casual garbage shooter they could have double the player numbers, but lots of people think KF is "too hard" or something. The only thing that annoys me about KF2 characters so far is apparently making a 'strong female character' means making them look like SJW dykes. A professional soldier being no more effective than a dyke in a dress?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oy The Destroyer;n2282557 said:
Well the gaming market is absolutely flooded with content these days. Games like Overwatch are garbage but they're shiny and fast and have cute girls in them, and it has Blizzards name on it. Is it a good game? Not at all. Does it attract players? Of course. I wouldn't want to associate with 90% of them in real life or ingame, but the way they mixed Call of Duty and Team Fortress 2 and called it a new game garaunteed players.

That's why KF2 may be struggling, it's an actual original concept these devs are trying to invent from scratch. If they wanted to make some casual garbage shooter they could have double the player numbers, but lots of people think KF is "too hard" or something. The only thing that annoys me about KF2 characters so far is apparently making a 'strong female character' means making them look like SJW dykes. A professional soldier being no more effective than a dyke in a dress?

While I agree on many of the things you said, I fail to see why the female characters are SJW in any way, they're just whacky ladies with an unorthodox sense of fashion (which I really like).

Upvote 0
Yeah I agree the characters are far from SJW, Ana is a Punk and Rae unhinged. But people on the internet like to throw around SJW whenever they can. I do think that TWI is trying too hard to make "strong female characters" though, and I don't get how they're supposed to not be sexual. One is in skin-tight clothes and the other is in a somewhat drafty dress, if TWI really doesn't want sexualized characters make an army chick or something.

No complaints about the characters themselfs though, Rae is one of my favorites, I just think the idea of adding them solefully for being a non-sexual bad*** is a little weak. Plus, I don't see them putting focus on how the male characters aren't sexual, it honestly seems a little sexist to me when the devs are trying so hard to make things equal. Just make characters you like, and if they happen to be female, male, sexual, or asexual, I don't care. Just don't post about how progressive you are because it comes across as ignorant.

Upvote 0
The reason I threw the term SJW out there was just because that's how Rae comes across to me. Like some intern at the office thought it would be so funny and quirky to make a character in a dress in a game like KF2. Like you said: "trying so hard to make things equal" is already failing. The same way "progressive liberals" trying not to be racist is even more racist, putting in characters that are trying to hard to be tough and cool just feels forced. Why not put that chick with the lab coat in KF1? Wasn't she Kevin's daughter? She was a scientist, women don't usually care for science if you look at employment rates. That's a perfect example of a real genuine strong female character who has broken her gender stereotype. Or even the soldier chick from the first game.

Ana feels like a cutout of a female that's just there so you can look at her butt once in a while, oh look she likes heavy metal (lol I mean Demon Hunter) and acts so tough and cool. Rae looks like white trash. I guess she's supposed to be Australian but still. And don't get me started on the Token Black Guy. The characters may have all had the same voice in the first game, but they looked different. Now you have different voice actors for every character, and yet they still sound somewhat the same, like all the characters saying clip instead of mag.

imnrk;n2282571 said:
Just make characters you like, and if they happen to be female, male, sexual, or asexual, I don't care.

Lol the asexual meme is part of the infinite gender identities meme. Sexual desire is literally one of the main biological functions that drives animals, humans included. If someone legitimately has absolutely no sexual desire then there is some kind of mix up in their brain, they won't reproduce, and natural selection weeds out another non-contributor. Next character TW will add to KF2 will be a white male, except he's not really a white male because he identifies as a Chinese-Siberian Dragonkin Freespirit. Whatever that is. Unless you meant asexual in the way that the character itself isn't sexualized, ie wearing a uniform instead of a bikini. Then I just misinterpreted your usage of the word and went on a tangent for nothing.

I do agree with the sentiment of what you said but I'm an argumentative twat so I had to disagree slightly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oy The Destroyer;n2282576 said:
The reason I threw the term SJW out there was just because that's how Rae comes across to me. Like some intern at the office thought it would be so funny and quirky to make a character in a dress in a game like KF2. Like you said: "trying so hard to make things equal" is already failing. The same way "progressive liberals" trying not to be racist is even more racist, putting in characters that are trying to hard to be tough and cool just feels forced. Why not put that chick with the lab coat in KF1? Wasn't she Kevin's daughter? She was a scientist, women don't usually care for science if you look at employment rates. That's a perfect example of a real genuine strong female character who has broken her gender stereotype. Or even the soldier chick from the first game.

Ana feels like a cutout of a female that's just there so you can look at her butt once in a while, oh look she likes heavy metal (lol I mean Demon Hunter) and acts so tough and cool. Rae looks like white trash. I guess she's supposed to be Australian but still. And don't get me started on the Token Black Guy. The characters may have all had the same voice in the first game, but they looked different. Now you have different voice actors for every character, and yet they still sound somewhat the same, like all the characters saying clip instead of mag.

Lol the asexual meme is part of the infinite gender identities meme. Sexual desire is literally one of the main biological functions that drives animals, humans included. If someone legitimately has absolutely no sexual desire then there is some kind of mix up in their brain, they won't reproduce, and natural selection weeds out another non-contributor. Next character TW will add to KF2 will be a white male, except he's not really a white male because he identifies as a Chinese-Siberian Dragonkin Freespirit. Whatever that is. Unless you meant asexual in the way that the character itself isn't sexualized, ie wearing a uniform instead of a bikini. Then I just misinterpreted your usage of the word and went on a tangent for nothing.

I do agree with the sentiment of what you said but I'm an argumentative twat so I had to disagree slightly.
I'm asexual and legitimately feel no sexual desire, so it is definitely not a meme.

Reactions: Reclusiarch
Upvote 0
Rae is my favourite to be honest, it's a crazy character both in mannerisms and looks, and I apreciate that kind of stuff. Plus, why strong females must be limited to "sober/military females"? I don't see anyone complaining about Tanaka, and he's a friggin looney dude who's just an actor, and refers to zeds as "daemons" (I also adore Tanaka :p ).
The thing is, it's fun to have variety of characters both in personality and visual design, if you want your token stoic, strong and emotionless action hero there's lots of that already in the gaming industry. Killing Floor 2 is awesome to me because it is what it's devs wanted it to be, be it ultra-violent gunplay, or a full-of-variety roster of characters (damn, you already have many military/police characters in the game!).
And no, I'm not trying to force you to like them XD it's just that I see your despise for this characters as pointles, or worse, a thing that affects only you when it's harmless as heck and there's people who really enjoys it.

Upvote 0
Lord Exor;n2282583 said:
I'm asexual and legitimately feel no sexual desire, so it is definitely not a meme.

Either a mental disorder or an excuse for not getting laid. Sorry to put it so bluntly but the reason our society is so messed up is because we're afraid to hurt anyone's feelings even if it needs to be said.

do you masturbate?
It's an adult forum btw so don't get uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oy The Destroyer;n2282602 said:
Either a mental disorder or an excuse for not getting laid. Sorry to put it so bluntly but the reason our society is so messed up is because we're afraid to hurt anyone's feelings even if it needs to be said.

do you masturbate?
It's an adult forum btw so don't get uncomfortable.

There are enough toxic communities on the net as it is, do you really want to bring that to this forum? You come across as quite offensive, and actually not very mature.

Yes it is supposed to be an "adult" forum, isn't it..

Reactions: Reclusiarch
Upvote 0
WelshJester;n2282622 said:
You come across as quite offensive, and actually not very mature.

The O-word, better stop before someone's feefees get damaged beyond repair or they get subjected to views which challenge their own. Alright Ducky, I won't respond anymore. The blueish font makes it quite clear. Also what is a super moderator, is that like the guy who sits up on the platform overlooking the rest of the mods?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Man what the f ya on about,i came here to see some news about the latest patch,and ya talking about some sexual desire or so bs.Ya need to shut the f up if ya ain't got nothing to say about this topic.PS. I'm still waiting for some news for when the patch is gonna be out of the beta build,happy holidays and all that ****, love ya work Tripwire.

Upvote 0
Oy The Destroyer;n2282645 said:
The O-word, better stop before someone's feefees get damaged beyond repair or they get subjected to views which challenge their own. Alright Ducky, I won't respond anymore. The blueish font makes it quite clear. Also what is a super moderator, is that like the guy who sits up on the platform overlooking the rest of the mods?

You wont respond anymore but you have the need to have the last (and garbagy) word in the matter, huh? what a neonazi champ...

Upvote 0
Oy The Destroyer;n2282677 said:
LITERALLY HITLER! LITERALLY HITLER! Go drink your milk kid, you don't know what a Nazi is. Also great, you've baited me into replying again. On topic, are there actually new emotes in this update?

no middle ground between being facist trash and being the king of them? good... good

EDIT: also I didn't bait you, I just called you out on your sh*t

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just played a quick round, I see the emotes are TF2 style equippables. I really hope you don't put stupid looking animations in, remember the feel of the game, its not a place for air guitar emotes. New map is pretty sweet, the background weather effects and the sound effects are really cool. The actual map itself gave me a Manor vibe, with all the cave systems and small alleyways.

New mace was pretty awesome, that TAP TAP weapon check I could spam all day. Also it was really cool using M16 as Commando and having the extended mags.

Reclusiarch;n2282678 said:
no middle ground between being facist trash and being the king of them? good... good
Neonazi, fascist, what's the next buzzword? The middle ground is called reality snowflake. As the mod said, PM me if you would like to discuss this further.

Last edited:
Upvote 0