• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

alternative suppression mut

Hello ppl and parttime people! As some of you know I've been having this idea for a looong time now, and I've decided to check out whether it's even possible to implement it without too much fuzz... This is what I wish for: 1) Remove the "disable suppression blur" check box from the main menu...
  2. T

Level Design Possible to make random objectives?

I wonder if its possible to set up a map so that the teams spawns randomly on a map, then receive random objectives? Also Id like to know how to turn of the map for all except the commander. In case nobody knows or cares, can anyone recommend some docs to read, so I can fix it my self?
  3. T

New Gameplay idea :)

NON-LINEAR "ELIMINATE THE ENEMY" Description: Each team spawns randomly on a map. You dont know where the enemy will come from. Best way to survive, is to grab hold of a position of advantage. Maybe the enemy gets it before you. Either you or your enemy dont know. This way there has to be a...
  4. T

Realistic environment/weather effects

I've been thinking for a long time how to slow down the game phase a notch, to make it possibe or even more vital to communicate and coordinate squad movement on the fly... And I think realistic weather effects would do the trick. It would be neat if IE the terrain and environment affected...
  5. T

Got a feeling that suggestions are looping?

Seem to me that people have ran out of ideas, and are keep suggesting the same things over and over and over :D ANyone have any ideas how to prevent this? (except telling people to use the search) I mean one thing is to continue on a previous topic in a new thread... And add to that thread in...
  6. T

Idea to increase teamwork

A common problem to public playing and even in clan playing is that there is no real teamwork where you move in groups towards an objective. As today people attacks one by one, then dies, and moves in all alone again untill reinforcements are depleted. There is NO squad feeling what so ever...
  7. T

Post your clips for inspiration here!

Post any movie clips that might give some inspiration or ideas here.
  8. T

New gamemode: "historical Realism".

HISTORICAL REALISM GAMEMODE: The "HRG" is a gamemode where one team has to win against the historical outcome of a battle. - Instead of the usual ballansed gameplay where both teams are equal in terms of position, manpower, and equipment, the "HRG" represent the ACTUAL position, status...
  9. T

Realistic reinforcements and supplies

SUPPLIES DONE THE "RIGHT WAY"? In real life there wasnt just limitations on manpower, but also limitations to Weapons, ammo, vehicles and fuel. On a single battle Your company may lack ammo supplies (due to broken supplylines), you may have only a few tanks in near visinity to support you. Your...
  10. T

What does the community wish for next?

READ POST CAREFULLY BEFORE POLLING: Ok, here is a poll for TWI and commuinty to see what ideas the RO community would like to see in the nearest future (IE the comming updates) I will try to sum up some of the major suggestions posted in the forum that I beleive can be done within reasonable...
  11. T

Alot of NICE feats for UT99!?!

I just ran into this page: http://dslyecxi.com/botg_infiltration.html My pubic hairs is starting to raise when I see the vid's from this 99' Game! I really think TW should consider incorporate some of theese ones if they can.... Im not saying that RO ****s ass, I just wonder if its possible to...
  12. T

How fix the "APC Taxi"

In many a game I have witnessed players driving their APC to a capzone, parking it there while people wait for it to respawn for hours back in the spawnzone. At this time you must either destroy the damn thing for it to respawn or wait for a long time... So I found a way that might fix this...
  13. T

Experience points vs Morale effect

What about gaining experience points for staying alive for a long time - as a mutation/mod? NOTE: PLEASE read closely before answering.... Many of the answers shows that essensial info has been left out. -------------------------------------------------------------------- How to gain/loose...
  14. T

Thread for teamwork/realism lovers

Before you read: Please submit supportive and constructive ideas only. If you have an idea please dont waste our time with whining and disrespect. I dont really care if theese ideas are too complex or too many. Implementing just one or two of them would greatly improve the gameplay. RO-REALISM...
  15. T

Tripwire what is your priorities?

There are alot of argues and disagrement about the changes expected/suspected to RO. People have a rageing front about Realism vs arcade etc. Thus want to ask you directly about your priorities for the future. I dont know if this might help the community understand abit how you work, and what...
  16. T

RO-Rearlismmod Features

RO - REALISMMOD FEATURES: RORM has its foundation based on the great games: Operationflashpoint, Red Orchestra and Combatmission 2+3 and others. Realistic morale effects: * Effects of wounds - Knockdowns, dizzyness and pain. * Increased Suppression effects * Effects of teamwork...
  17. T

Would you play RO-Realitymod?

"Under progress" - Follow this link and take a peek: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10518 RO-Realitymod will focus on high level of realism, including a advanced morale system that affects your character in several ways (comparable to Combat mission's morale system...
  18. T

RO-realitymod suggestion

RO-REALISM MODiFICATION: After endless argues about: Gameplay vs realism Historical vs functional Teamwork vs personal freedom I decided to start a thread only for those who crave some of the following: 1) Improved teamwork - stay close to mates for benefits (ie less suppression FX)...
  19. T

This is why realism = penetration!

I know this topic has been discussed Alot of times, But I feel its importance is a priority - atleast when you have looked at this video: http://www.militaryvideos.net/# Find the BASIC URBAN SKILLS TRAINING - BALLISTIC PENETRATION TESTS. * Hiding in light wooden structures doesn NOT protect...
  20. T

The perfect game if?

If you could: * Penetrate material like light wood (ie doors, and some walls) (increase suppression) * Damage houses with heavy guns and grenades (increase suppression) * Run over flowers telephone poles and light wooden fences with a TANK (in best case: trees) * Duck behind the MG without...