• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. R

SDK tutorials in english?

thanks guys. My modding skills are zero... But I'm a geographer in real life.. so I always have loads of ideas about how maps could work. I'm keen to try my hand at putting some of these ideas into a map...
  2. R

Thank you 40-1 Classic server!

hear hear! The custom maps are drawing me back into this game... at least while I wait for 1C to sort out the mess that is Cliffs of Dover... ;)
  3. R

SDK tutorials in english?

Hi guys Are there any youtube, or other online video tutorials for the SDK that are in English? I can only find a couple of Russian ones..
  4. R

Custom map servers?

I have recently determined to ONLY join servers with custom maps. So might see you online...
  5. R

Which tools do you like most for map balancing?

^^this^^ in the boxed maps, so many of the defensive positions just "happen" to have objects in front of them blocking, or partially blocking their lines of sight.. or the enemy facing facades of buildings just "happen" to have no windows. Get rid of these map balancing features and defending...
  6. R

Disconnect and progress

of course, you need not complete the current round in order to have fun ;)
  7. R

Biased Adminship?

And I must say, you guys run a good server. Nice to see the custom maps no it ;)
  8. R

Biased Adminship?

Agreed. In-mission coms are there for combat related information.. not so people can vent their latest rant about subject X or Y. The forums are here for general game-related conversations, and they're also the best place to get wider feedback.
  9. R

Biased Adminship?

Nup, no problem with that at all. Keep your non-mission related chat for the forums. Leave the in-game chat bar free for the people who need it for combat-critical coms. It's annoying for everyone when someone decides to commandeer the coms for their own personal political/ history/ moral...
  10. R

A lesson for all of us

I've always thought it was pretty casual around here. A few edgy characters floating about but that's normal. re this: We are all CoD kidddies. CoD was a good game. Maybe you were so hip that you didn't buy it. A bit insulting to suggest that not buying COD was born out of some kind of...
  11. R

Which tools do you like most for map balancing?

I also vote 3 and 4 combined A small, heavily armed (MGS, semi-autos and assualts) defence, against hoardes of bolt-action riflemen!
  12. R

Why is classic mode so dead?

Is this your criticism, that running in the open in Stalingrad gets you killed?
  13. R

Why is classic mode so dead?

Hmm, I only play classic. I have the server filter set permanently to filter out servers not running classic. My issue is the lack of custom-map servers! Maybe I should try out realism?
  14. R

Tactics Squad Leaders: Use your damn SMOKE!!!

so much objection to smoke in capzone ;( This depends entirely on the situation. If the capzone is fresh (i.e your first assault at it), it is likely to be full of defenders. In addition, on many maps the capzones are also defensive strongholds. Best thing to do? Drop smoke in front of it and...
  15. R

Beta Map TE-DieBresche (Beta Release Candidate)

@LordGleedo, I've almost completely stopped playing RO2 - despite the patch and improvements, because I am bored of the maps now. I thought I'd pop on here today to see if there was much progress with them, after going online and seeing 6 classic servers all playing Mamayev (shudder).... If...
  16. R

Tactics A Guide to Effective Voice Comms

nice list JU. once note (as someone else noted above) A quick please or thank you goes a long way on the public servers. Also, I like to drop the old "nice one" now and then, when it seems that team members are working together.
  17. R

Countdown mode - it's awesome

yup, I'm a big fan of CD. It has to be played differently from TE, with a focus on defending teams getting into defensible positions! TE is much more counter-attacking, with both teams outflanking and pressing. CD relies on more static roles for defenders, in comparison. Pairs of defenders...
  18. R

Downside after free weekend? Cheaters.

Exactly how was this player cheating? What specific mechanics did you observe? (out killing is speculative at best, by the way)
  19. R

arty teamkills getting Commander kicked

This is a real shame that guys are doing this mike. And I believe you, if you say this did happen. If they really had a legitimate problem, they could have; 1. School the poor kid so he can put better arty down (that they can't run into) 2. Vote kick him if they really think it necessary. It's...
  20. R

arty teamkills getting Commander kicked

That's par for the course for Mike... that's why we love him.