• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Countdown mode - it's awesome

I had an idea on our clans scrim server which I think would be a cool change of pace for a map rotation.Play two rounds of TE and at the end one round of CD making it the tie breaker.Also they play so different a team good at TE may not fair so well in CD or vice versa.The last round of CD of each map could represent the last push with limited reinforcements.

It would be a great way to introduce CD to the public without being a total shock of round after round of CD.

Just an idea :)

Upvote 0
yup, I'm a big fan of CD.

It has to be played differently from TE, with a focus on defending teams getting into defensible positions!

TE is much more counter-attacking, with both teams outflanking and pressing.

CD relies on more static roles for defenders, in comparison. Pairs of defenders set up a strong points can dominate in CD.

Upvote 0
Just finished playing some CD with approx. 24 players. Pavlov's house. In Zab's, I am the last man standing, facing 5 enemies. Hearing a guy shooting at, ehm, I don't know what he shot at, but I killed him, as he was 21 meters behind me.

Reloading.

I am walking up the stairs, when I hear a russian's footsteps. Where did the sound come from? Same floor, or below me? I move into the next room, shooting the enemy commander.

Reloading.

I am going to the stairs where a rifle man charges me and I empty my magazine into him.

Out of ammo. Changing from ppsh to a Mosin. I am on 2nd floor, seeing the other guy running into a small room. 50-50 in the capzone. Try to shoot him through the wall. Damn. Need to reload. Forget about it. Going to the dead body of the russian commander, picking up his Revolver, running into the next room, there he is. Pat-pat-pat-pat. Down.

Reloading. Now it's 1-1. Where is he? Approx. 20 seconds left. Turns out the last russian was afk.

Man, CD is so intense. 9.50 pm here and actually I should prepare some stuff for tomorrow. Whatever, work won't run away. I check if there is CD somewhere. :cool:

Upvote 0