• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

arty teamkills getting Commander kicked

Nah it is true. A single player can probably walk into friendly artillery fire if he wants. But on most maps he will have trouble walking in it a second time, just because of the way he has to walk and the duration a artillery strike is lasting. He maybe can do it two times and even that is pretty unlikely. When more people do that on purpose it must be organized. While there are maybe people who do this organized it is very unlikely that something like that happens. If you hit a lot friendly guys with your own artillery the first source of failure you should look for is yourself.

Upvote 0
Read what I wrote again Mike.
I said it is highly unlikely PROVIDED that the artillery strike conditions were met.

This does not mean that it never happens, what it means is, there are ways to mitigate against it.

Of course there are ways to avoid the situation under normal circumstances. Another step as an Admin is to note the griefers and correct the situation. Yes, it has to be organized to be successful and yes it does occur. Seen it a few times.

One time yesterday, the Commander was a newer player, he didn't satisfy a few of the other more experienced players (they wanted their guy as Commander) so they conspired the entry into this kid's arty and got him session kicked. (I immediately lifted the kick) Thankfully, its not a regular occurrence but it does happen.

Run a few servers for a number of years.... you'll see and learn plenty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One time yesterday, the Commander was a newer player, he didn't satisfy the other players and they conspired the entry into this kid's arty and got him session kicked. Thankfully, its not a regular occurrence but it does happen.

This is a real shame that guys are doing this mike. And I believe you, if you say this did happen. If they really had a legitimate problem, they could have;
1. School the poor kid so he can put better arty down (that they can't run into)
2. Vote kick him if they really think it necessary.

It's a shame they resorted to greifing.
Thankfully it's not a regular occurrence.

As we both know, having played RO2 since a long time, there are folks out there who take the commander role when they need some more time to learn the game.

Just watch how few games Goten loses when he plays commander.

Upvote 0