• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Luckless

About "RO2 Dying"

Take a look at your graphs again. Two are showing post release numbers, and two others show nice steady drop off. Not to mention they are all games that are far less technical in nature, suffered far fewer problem at launch, and are just far simpler in both game-play and programming. Terraria...
  2. Luckless

I think the next patch should be focused on community complaints.

I'm sorry. Let me rephrase that. "The Vast Majority of us" instead of "we". I also said "Playable", not "Flawless". Yes I've died more than a few times to someone I've "Shot" before he shot me. I've been enjoying games despite this since Doom when I was king of all my geek friends because I...
  3. Luckless

"Cannot prone here" and general movement clumsiness

I play paintball, mainly 'woods ball' (Played in trees, with random bunkers and stuff, not the open field with the old cable spools, pipes, or giant air bags.) I can't say I've seen a spot in any map in RO2 that was any worse of a spot to drop to the ground in than I've come across on a...
  4. Luckless

Shooting Weapon Then Dying

Odd. I distinctly remember multiple times when I insta-killed someone while insta-dying from their shots a few times early on. I can't recall it happening lately, but I haven't been playing much the last few weeks. (One of us bleeding out seems far more common of course.) I wonder if it was...
  5. Luckless

There you go. Part of the community, not the whole community. Huge difference. And if you had of actually read my original post on it, you would have noticed the bit where I mentioned that Part of the community would have split off to actually accomplish something. Three cheers for reading...
  6. Luckless

A: Did you actually read what I posted? Because it really looks like you didn't. B: Care to point out a mod team made of more than 10-20 core members with actual design control that got anywhere? I can't even name one with more than 5 in actual control of where the game is headed. Sure they...
  7. Luckless

No. RO1 was made by a group of modders with a fairly shared vision. If the "Community" that is found on the forums was in charge of development, we wouldn't even have a playable game yet, but two dozen piles of unplayable junk, and one or two half way decent mods from splinter groups who gave...
  8. Luckless

Tripwire, do you plan on fixing this game?

You have hardly any posts, and I don't see where you've posted your OS, Service Pack, Drivers installed, Anti-virus/firewall, etc. Rather than ranting that it isn't working, why don't you try working with them to sort things out? Screaming "It Doesn't Work!" isn't exactly helpful, and is in...
  9. Luckless

This game is AWESOME!!

I think the steepness of the learning curve is rather related to the player's critical thinking, problem solving, and tactical planning abilities. The basic controls are a little clunky to get your head around your first few games, but they're not that bad. I think the hard part some people...
  10. Luckless

Winning on Points is Lame

Because the "Wins by Default" will be so much more rewarding when trying to populate a server, and having matches that last a few hours till a bunch of people on one side or the other get bored of it and wander off to find a 'better' server with a more interesting map. I don't mind the wins by...
  11. Luckless

RO1 realism comparison to RO2 realism. Trying to be unbiased.

Nice to know that 1/3 people here care about people even attempting to post reasoned and well thought out posts to discuss issues and look at problems. In general, I see nothing I strongly disagree with in the first post.
  12. Luckless

Nutshot

Sadly, no. I was known as Luckless well before that point.
  13. Luckless

Nutshot

I've been shot in the nuts in real life. Luckily it was by an idiot kid with a tournament paintball marker, and not a real fire arm. (Little bugger hid in a bush and was attacking people on a hiking trail.) Trust me. Nut shots may as well be kill shots. If it didn't kill you, you would be...
  14. Luckless

because tripware does a mod of offline splitscreen?

Not to mention the technical challenges. RO2 is already struggling to make its render calls due to the graphics interface. To run split screen means either aggressive culling, or over clocking the system to handle double the calls. Too little benefit for too much work.
  15. Luckless

Please end the spawncamping on Station

Do what we have done in every other game that allowed people to camp spawns and kill people before they have half a chance. Ban the offenders, carry on with your day.
  16. Luckless

A question for those around here who don't like/play RO2

Wow, way to fail at applied statistics analysis. I haven't really played RO2 in about 3 days. I've gotten an hour or two of play time in, but no where near as time as I did the first few days of release. Why? Is it because the game sucks? Is it because I don't want to play any more? No. It is...
  17. Luckless

Teamwork

The problem with going too far with that is the issue of how much is 'pre-baked' in the map to save on load times and runtime processing. It is something I'm planning on experimenting with later this winter if I get a chance. I have no idea how far you can push the engine to do something like that.
  18. Luckless

Is this game already dead?!

??? The majority of the work can be done on nearly any system. Final compiling of the maps is what will bite most people, simply due to the amount of data that needs to be calculated. The only 'hard' part appears to be the memory usage, which will likely take at least 8GB of ram on the lower...
  19. Luckless

Is this game already dead?!

So I take it that you joined the 2vs2 to help them populate the server, and didn't simply come here to whine that so few people are playing,... right? Because, you know, if 40 people decide they don't want to play, simply because they can't play in a game with more than 4 players, then that is a...
  20. Luckless

MP40 isn't OP

What exactly is Medium Range? Around 60m is still fairly easy to land accurate hits. Take time to AIM, a let fly two or three bullets. Aim again, let fly another few. If your target isn't dead, you're not aiming. And you agree that you are more effective with the mosin (for close in ability)...