• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

because tripware does a mod of offline splitscreen?

its-a-trap-admiral-akbar.jpg

Upvote 0
Well I'm sure it's some where in the U3 code that supports split screen.

I love playing Left 4 dead 1 & 2 split screen on my PC. Portal 2 aswell. Really good stuff.

Thats one thing PC lacks vs Consoles (one of the reason's I own a ps3) is playing with friends. If I could I would play everything on my PC.

If its easy to support which I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard, I'm sure a mod will come out with split screen.

But if its anything like portal 2, your gonna have to turn down your settings a whole lot ;P

Upvote 0
Resident Evil 5 lends itself for splitscreen play, due to the nature of the game. Previous Resident Evil titles were all built without mouse support. And while mouse support was added in Resident Evil 5, it never lost it's support to be played by using the keyboard only.

Red Orchestra 2 on the other hand seems to be built with a mouse in mind. So it would need some very extensive changes to make this possible. Unless you know a way to flawlessly use 2 control schemes on the same PC.

Upvote 0
To the OP if you really enjoy splitscreen that much lol you should stick to consoles.PC stands for personal computer and its just that 1 screen 1 user interface.In fact split screen never works that good in fps as you can see where the other guy is at making surprise attacks almost impossible.

I think what he is wanting is a single player co-op and, even then you would want your own screen.For a pc to split up controls for 2 keypads and mouses you would need a 3rd party program.Besides having basically 2 games to render on the same screen would drag most pc's to a crawl on ro2.

I'm not saying it cannot be done on pc but, it would be clumsy at best.2 player co-op works good on pc using LAN or just have 2 friends join an empty server with bots.You would still need 2 pc's to do this splitscreen is just not in the developing process of PC games.

The idea of split screen is mainly for consoles so 2-4 players can play the same system.Like I said for fps's its not ideal because you can simply look at what the other guys is doing.I remember doing this in GoldenEye I would just set in ambush mode watching the other players screen knowing when they would walk in front of me or trying to sneak up behind me...lol it was lame but effective ;)

Not trying to troll the OP just saying that Splitscreen is mainly a console thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some barriers to this:

• Performance. Getting RO2 to render the world twice can get hairy.
  • Inputs. Gonna need two keyboards (sharing the same keyboard is not really feasible) and two mice. The two mice requirement is a problem since Windows has no support for two mice/two cursors without extra software.
  • FOV. It's already tiny in RO2, and playing in a viewport will just make it worse.

Upvote 0
so is the problem the platform, because it does not for consoles?

Actually even consoles take performance hits when doing split screen when 4 players is on the same screen fps is cut by alot plus textures and LOD etc.Also their engine if designed to run Splitscreen isn't maxed out for single player so it can handle split better.

I fully understand you wanting to be able to play with your brother on the same comp and I feel for you guys.Just saying pc games isn't really designed for this option.

A workaround for you guys would be duelboxing some older pc games that doesn't have high requirements.You can install the same game twice (using different paths) on the same pc.Then use a 3rd party program to be able to have control over each windowed screen.

Google duel boxing on the same pc .....this is done in MMO's alot but it could be done on older fps games your comp would be running 2 windows of the same game.

Upvote 0
so is the problem the platform, because it does not for consoles?

Splitscreen shooter games for pc are extremely rare.

You are asking for splitscreen in the forum of a game that is a PC exclusive, that does not and will not support splitscreen.

So please understand why some replies are not sure if they can take you seriously.

For having a great time playing videogames with you brother, I recommend the following.

1- stick with consoles.
2- Find something better than a 12" black and white tv as mentioned in your other thread. If you can afford a computer with internet, you can get a respectable tv... Any old big CRT TV's are practically free ! (Advice, make sure it takes Component (Ypbpr) or the single component video, or svideo

Now for console advice... PS2 is decent... But if you really want to have fun for not much money...

Find yourself an Xbox or an Xbox360

You can research Softmod, Xbox Softmod... XBMC, Xbox Mod chips...

Your goal is to get all retro consoles (Super nintendo, sega, n64, neogeo) in your Xbox...

1- it's a great learning experience. The reading will help your English
2- You will become more of a tech, you will learn a lot
3- the reward is endless hours of classic gaming with your brother.

Stop asking a specific game's forum why the game isn't splitscreen when you can't really share a mouse or play without it... it's just crazy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0