• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please end the spawncamping on Station

There are a few spots on station where the russians can see into the first and second german spawns. I've actually see an entire spawn wave of 10+ guys come in once. I was like..."wtf, should never see that"

1. It allows spawn camping (and it happens a lot on station, an MG can pepper the spawn easily)

and

2. It hurts the atmosphere when you see a bunch of guys appear out of thin air.

*thumbs Up*

See, you agreed with me once and I agreed with you once.... maybe the world will end in 2012 after all ;)

Reactions: TT33
Upvote 0
And also on Grain Elevator.

pha-ha, it ruins the point of this map then. dont fire at germans until they take gates? dont fire at soviets if you captured elevators top floors? or will it work only one way?

also funny that 'spawncamping' idea started about infantry maps. so germans can snipe windows from spawn on station, and soviets can not supress spawns.

Don't let them into your spawn. In a tactical based game you have to reward maneuver combat and fire superiority. If the enemy has worked to gain the ground necessary to keep me pinned, kudos to him - he deserves it.

If the game is suppose to be realistic, then we have to make the real life comparison. If a force is able to advance their selves to their enemy garrison, HQ, or rally point, would they really back off and provide them ground to fight? Of course not.

So a distinction has to be made. Do we want a hardcore tactical based shooter, or a game that has mechanics to coddle players who get frustrated when they're losing badly and thus desire an easier playing experience.

good point, the only semi-unfair thing that could be is arty striking at spawn, but this was always used in ostfront. every kill that is made outside of your starting spawn is your own and your teams fault.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
pha-ha, it ruins the point of this map then. dont fire at germans until they take gates? dont fire at soviets if you captured elevators top floors?

also funny that 'spawncamping' idea started about infantry maps. so germans can snipe windows from spawn on station, and soviets can not supress spawns.
No.
Spawncamping is bad.
Anywhere. Anyplace. In any game.

Upvote 0
We want a game where hardcore tactical action is possible in the first place. And a one-sided slogfest doesn't allow for that. How do you propose to fight back against two tanks that are shelling your spawns with HE? You gonna pop smoke?

Do what we have done in every other game that allowed people to camp spawns and kill people before they have half a chance.

Ban the offenders, carry on with your day.

Upvote 0
anyways I'm sure Tripwire is working on it. I remember RO1 maps took a while to get dialed in also. Took 3-4 tries for em to get em down right. RO2 spawn camp is tame compared to COD and BF, also if I can spawn camp I will, or atleast I will find a spot that has you running across an open space to the objective every time.

Upvote 0