• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Russian Community gives us goodies about Igromir

I understand TW's reasons for keeping players confined to their tanks, but that itself brings about new problems.

For example, the fight-to-death syndrome. Now that players can't bail out of a damaged tank or escape from a hopeless battle, what is there to encourage players to retreat or give up a losing battle? As far as I know, most tank battles did not result in complete destruction of the tank, and tankers would bail when they knew the fight was lost. What's to encourage tankers to preserve their lives now that they are essentially driving their own coffin?

Reactions: NoxNoctum and Miro!
Upvote 0
Loader can be killed. It is actually who I aim for first in combat :)

I guess that means there's an animation for the gunner to switch over to load up the shell. Cool.

I wonder what it looks like when you have two players in a tank, and say one or two of the crewmembers gets killed. That means one of the players will be able to watch their teammate switch positions - necessitating 3rd person animations for crew switching.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hard to like many of the changes with RO2, but the inside of the tank looks great. :IS2:
I'm sorry, but this post fails on multiple levels. If the tank interior is the only thing that has impressed you this ENTIRE TIME during the development of RO2, then there is simply no pleasing you.

Reactions: Das Bose
Upvote 0
I understand you guys talking about some detailed stuff or whatever something regarding history accuracy,PLS STOP FOR A SECOND AND LOOK AT THE AMAZING RALITY OF THE SOLDIER,IT LOOKS LIKE A REAL PICTURE,AMAZING ARTISTRY!!!!!!!!!! LOVING IT!!!!!!! :eek:
That said, we really do want the game to be as historically accurate as possible -- that's the hallmark of games like RO.

And I also think the devs want to hear comments like this. Even though they do painstaking research, they are human and can miss things. Often the community, due to its sheer number of eyes, can catch stuff that the devs don't notice.

No one's flaming -- it's all constructive.

Upvote 0