• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

how much would you pay for RO HOS?

how much would you pay for RO HOS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
90% of the people do not know the game developers anyway. People look at a box and think that Activision made call of duty or think that Electronic Arts made medal of honor.

1C isn't the most well known publisher but it is known enough for people to think that HOS is not indie.
----------

Remember as well that when RO released the steam platform was still small, RO was the first non valve shooter on steam, and the 3rd non valve game all together.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amerikaner
Upvote 0
How are they going to get all those Zed loving Zombie killers to play it? Some of the conversations on this forum just put them off (all the realism / hardcore / scientific warbling).

It's their (your?) own loss if they don't want in on the action.

Very realistic shooters are a niche market, but there's nothing wrong with a niche market, if you do a propper job of the game, it will attract a very loyal fanbase, who will be be lining up to buy your next games too, this beeing precisely why most people here will probably pre-order Ro2 when they get the chance.

It's easier and faster to get rich making mainstream titles, but just as easy to stumble and break your neck in that market too, and very difficult to get your foot in the door without selling your company to the big fish on the market.

Upvote 0
Not fully on topic but i think allot of people want some ww2 back, i know im sick of modern. It will be nice when it stops being 6years of this then 6years of that and so on.

Indeed, WWII was over reprisented on the market some years back, but now modern is the new phad, and as allways, the market is saturated with titles jumping on the bandwagon.

This might prove to be an advantage for RO:Hos, unlike when the first RO came out at, pretty much as the WWII phad was dying down due to overexposure.

Upvote 0
I voted that I will pay $50 for,voted for this cause I already tried the old RO couple of days a go,this game is worth more than that,but if it hurths sales then I wish someone from the team already have plan for when time comes for the game to be shown to the world.

I played the ROOST and I can say there has been no other WW2 shooter like that I played before not iven my most and last favorite: vCOD and UO.

Many of us HC gamers who are longing for a good FPS PC only game will get their boat rocked with this game...

Every now and then I mention almost on all forums about RO2,question is can we do something to help Tripwire to reach better publishing goal.

There is a clan that I know that currently only play COD5 bolts only,and I told them about the game,copy pasted lots of facts about the game from here and embedded some videos also,they are constantly asking can we set a server with bolts only... I told them that I'm not sure but it might be possible...

So if any Tripwire members read the posts here,maeby you can give us some ideas on how more we ca help to spread the word besides writing on forums...

Upvote 0
The game has a full SDK, so making a Bolt-only mutator would be no problem.

That said though, since RO has allways employed class restrictions and a more realistic weapon balance, they might just find that the game is in no dire need of a bolt-only mutator, not like the CoD series was..
Yeah, its hard for people to think outside of the CoD box sometimes. Especially when that genre of game is that they've really known.

Upvote 0
Indeed, WWII was over reprisented on the market some years back, but now modern is the new phad, and as allways, the market is saturated with titles jumping on the bandwagon.

This might prove to be an advantage for RO:Hos, unlike when the first RO came out at, pretty much as the WWII phad was dying down due to overexposure.

I still sometimes see comments like "Meh, WWII again... boring.", though. But RO has never been like any of those games at all, and shouldn't be compared with them. I've never seen RO as "just another WWII game", it has always been 'above' the whole WWII trend.

I think that's one of the most important things that TWI need to market; the fact that RO2 is not just another WWII game.

Upvote 0
I still sometimes see comments like "Meh, WWII again... boring.", though.

I see thouse comments pop up aswell, but i get a differen't wibe from them (well mostly, anyway), not so much "groan, not another one, we just had 5 of thease things" like it used to be, no, it seems more like a lot of people can't imagine WWII beeing exciting, that after playing the more gun spammy assault rifle fests, they think WWII can't compare.

Mind you, i can see where that might come from, if their only frame of refrence is things like the CoD series, then it would probably seem that way.

What they are missing there is how RO allways managed to draw you in, that it didn't need constant full-auto gunfire to be exciting, it works on a compleately different level that, to me, and probably most people here, is so much more engaging.

But RO has never been like any of those games at all, and shouldn't be compared with them. I've never seen RO as "just another WWII game", it has always been 'above' the whole WWII trend.

I think that's one of the most important things that TWI need to market; the fact that RO2 is not just another WWII game.

Coulden't agree more, but from what we've seen of Ro2, the action looks pretty damn impressive, so i belive things will be a lot easier marketing wise this time around.

And with 2 added benifits, this time it's on a modern engine, so people wont look at it and say "lol, ugleh graffix, it is must suck lol", and since a fair bit has been done to help newbies get a grip on the game, people hopfully wont ragequit without even giving the game a chance.

Thease are the things that make me cautiously optimistic, ofcourse, i don't expect Ro2 could ever outsell CoD or anything like that, that would never happen, but i do think our community will grow by quite a margin after Ro2 gets out, and that's really all the needs to happen.

Upvote 0
Yeah i'd pay up to 100 'cause im such an hardcore and avid researcher on the eastern front and watching soviet charges and battle movies of the war gives me goosebumps (lol so nerdy, although im not really a nerd), and realistic shooters are my thing. I remember i used to as a kid take a golf club pretend it was a rifle and just pretend im in war. Now i play airsoft. Therefore, this will be the perfect blend of my 2 needs and its also the only one out there and probably the only shooter i'd be playing alot. so yeah it'll be worth it.

Upvote 0
And seeing them slaughtered in front of well prepared MG-stellungen makes me cream my jeans, so I know where you're coming from.
Yeah but you know after a bit of that they succeed and proceed to mow the entrenched germans down with PPsH's and then start running them over with their masses of tanks while the Germans have lost all their tank support. Then it's my turn to cream my pants:D

Reactions: Floyd
Upvote 0