• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Big mistake by TWI.

I think there was some confusion internally as to why we were making that change. Even I had previously thought we were stopping the SS from carrying both weapons, only to think "when were they able to carry both?". So I think that changelist was written up by someone who doesn't play SS much.

Ok now that you clarify it i have nothing much to complain. I just wanna say thank you to TWI for another free updates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok now that you clarify it i have nothing much to complain. I just wanna say thank you to TWI for another free updates.

I say this with absolute sincerity and I speak for all of Tripwire when I say it:

Thank you for playing Killing Floor. We only get to do what we love to do because you guys play our game. Without all of you, Tripwire would not exist.

And yes, that's even true for the people complaining about the update, though we wish some of you would voice your concerns in a less "fix it now or else!" type of manner. ;)

Upvote 0
If I recall correctly it was Xienen who off his own back developed the server side whitelist in his personal time. Love it or hate the whitelist the previous version required a steam client update meaning new maps at the time were not getting added for weeks and TWI were at the mercy of Valve. So I would take his offer seriously and tell him concisely what you think still needs addressing as he has asked. So instead of being negative you may actually contribute to another balance improvement. You never know what might happen....

Upvote 0
Love it or hate the whitelist the previous version required a steam client update meaning new maps at the time were not getting added for weeks and TWI were at the mercy of Valve. So I would take his offer seriously and tell him concisely what you think still needs addressing as he has asked. So instead of being negative you may actually contribute to another balance improvement. You never know what might happen....

Yeah Xienen improved the Whitelist, but TWI needed something like KEPT to test the maps and since we waited almost a year for that balancing update, i'm pretty sure most of the members are dissapointed right now. We were thrilled by the balance update, but sadly it is not complete. When you give your time/money to test the maps and write reviews about them for 8 months and that your only motivation was to get a complete balancing update, it kind of leave a bad taste in your mouth when you realize that it wasnt really worth the time.

I truly hope that we will see a patch soon because right now, i only want to walk off from this project. And since we just had a demonstration about the time that TWI have had for KF in past year, i highly doubt they will have the time to test the maps on a regular basis. And what happens when the Whitelist is not update... (if you dont know, look at this http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=35661). Not updating the Whitelist will (probably) kill the game slowly because no one will test the maps. Or TWI will simply test every maps for 1 wave like they used to and all the work and all the time that has been put in KEPT will be thrown to the garbage. And thats why i dont want to quit (even if the latest update was really lame when it comes to balancing)... thats why i didnt quit when most of the members moved on. I dont want to see the modding community die because no one is helping TWI.

No one to test the maps = less frequent Whitelist updates = mappers are not happy because no one is playing their maps = no one want to create new maps = the modding community is dying

Last edited:
Reactions: nath2009uk
Upvote 0
Yes, I'm serious about this, I wouldn't make such an offer with no delivery. Also, as I said, I can make no guarantees about what does and does not make it in, but I will make every effort to do everything I can without spending soo much of my spare time on it that my wife divorces me =)

Okay, that is awesome.

I love you guys.

Upvote 0
If I recall correctly it was Xienen who off his own back developed the server side whitelist in his personal time. Love it or hate the whitelist the previous version required a steam client update meaning new maps at the time were not getting added for weeks and TWI were at the mercy of Valve. So I would take his offer seriously and tell him concisely what you think still needs addressing as he has asked. So instead of being negative you may actually contribute to another balance improvement. You never know what might happen....

See? I'm totally cereal, guys! I've already gotten the okay to do this as long as I keep the rest of Tripwire up to date on the changes that I'm making. Once Yoshiro and I create the full list of changes, which will include everything we can do from 9_6's list, I will begin working on the changes and hopefully be able to put them up on the Killing Floor Beta for a wider view on them.

Reactions: gusone
Upvote 0
Okay, these forums are crapping out on me 80% of the time sending me back to the tripwireinteractive.com index instead of the page I want to go to.
I can confirm that this sometimes swallows forum posts and have no idea if private messages can get lost in that maelstrom too so I don't realy wanna see this in the mercy of that.

I decided to do the unthinkable.

I'll open pandoras box wide up and make a public thread about it, if only so I'm sure it's actually somewhere online.

May god have mercy with our souls.

Reactions: kache
Upvote 0
See? I'm totally cereal, guys! I've already gotten the okay to do this as long as I keep the rest of Tripwire up to date on the changes that I'm making. Once Yoshiro and I create the full list of changes, which will include everything we can do from 9_6's list, I will begin working on the changes and hopefully be able to put them up on the Killing Floor Beta for a wider view on them.

I'm ready for any KF beta testing 24/7.

Upvote 0
Okay, these forums are crapping out on me 80% of the time sending me back to the tripwireinteractive.com index instead of the page I want to go to.
I can confirm that this sometimes swallows forum posts and have no idea if private messages can get lost in that maelstrom too so I don't realy wanna see this in the mercy of that.

I'll open pandoras box wide up and make a public thread about it, if only so I'm sure it's actually somewhere online.

In all honesty, I think that you should go PM. Otherwise it will just be another throwabout arguement about what KF should be. You have previously shown a lot of thinking about this stuff, and Xienen has offered trust to you, not the entire forum. It is one hell of a difference.

And I am pretty certain that 9_6 have heard all the arguments that are going to flood your inbox the next 8 hours. That might the reason why he is having problems. So it just might be productive to have a bit of faith in the fellow instead of badgering him.

Upvote 0
Ok seriously I posted a thread about beta testers a few hours after the update and it was removed instantly for no damn reason

I was just trying to say I think TW needs to consider using the veteran community for beta testing
there are plenty of killing floor veterans here who would be more than willing to help out and can give great feed back and catch bugs quickly

Upvote 0

Thank you.
I actually wanted to send you a PM because I want to understand what this game really needs (I played a lot, but I'm not very good at observing things, so there should be tons of things I skipped), but this will make things simplier. :)

Upvote 0
In all honesty, I think that you should go PM. Otherwise it will just be another throwabout arguement about what KF should be. You have previously shown a lot of thinking about this stuff, and Xienen has offered trust to you, not the entire forum. It is one hell of a difference.

If it becomes a flame-fest, it might come down to that but let's hope that topic doesn't end up that way.
For a once I shall try my best to avoid this :p

Upvote 0