• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Opinion: MAC10

Fire ammo for other classes will cause firebug perk to level easier which is not good? Anyway the gun is still good for other perks as a better bullpup replacement.
Keep in mind a nonfirebug dealing fire damage with absolutely no perkbuff is horrible
sure they can level their firebug perks, but at an extremely slow rate

Upvote 0
it's a solid weapon. Aside from a few problems i have with it.

It sounds silenced from first person, but sounds like an AK from third person.
You are holding it with two hands in third person, one hand in first person.
I laughed a little when I first saw someone holding it like that. Don't those suppressors get SUPER hot after continuous fire?

Reactions: EricFong
Upvote 0
-pisses away ammo
-inaccurate
-sets zeds on fire

which firebug weapon am i describing?

one weighs 10 blocks, the other weighs 4.

that said, the two weapons handle very differently. but usually tripwire puts thought into their weapons, and they contrast each either very well. it's a shame, but i still i enjoy the weapon and have found it useful

Upvote 0
Maybe its that they dont want other perks smothering the firebug out by stealing the fire ability. Then every support could just whip it out, pump a single bullet into the zed, and then shotty it. No firebug necessary.

But maybe Im wrong.

As much as I'd want to use the incendiary ammo unperked, this seems like a good reason why that'd be a bad idea. It's still pretty solid even as a non-firestarter. More powerful then the bullpup if I'm not mistaken.

If anything, it might be TOO good. But that's more due to it's lack of limitations compared to the flamethrower. I'm loving the katana, Mac, and M79 combo so far.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, once again J* comes riding in on his high horse to lay down his opinion on Firebug stuff... although bear in mind I nonly tried it for 5 minutes at 5.30 in the morning so I may need a little mroe time to research it first.

I'm gonna keep this brief as I will probably post a thread redarging the whole update in the near future, but yes the MAC-10

The concept is fine, having a weapon only the firebug can have incendiary ammo for is cool. Is an interesting way of ensuring the Firebug is the only real viable option for this weapon.
1.Kills Husks and Scrakes very efficiently. Not necesarily a good thing
2.Mag is a little odd at 47 bullets... since the firebugs perk said fuel canister size, I don't know why this couldn't remain a constant value, and just have the MAC 10 have a set amout of ammo. 30 bullets with say 9 clips I'd say I'd be happy with
3.Thus far I have found very little use for this things actual burn effect, headshots are the way to go and knocks any low level foes out easily. This is against the spirit of the Firebug which is using DOT to kill ZEDs.
4.Spawning with the Mac 10, armour and a Flamethrower is going overboard. Take at least one thing off of us :)

So on first impressions alone fixes I would like to see are: -
- The bullets damage dealt is split into regular bullet damage plus incendiary round fire damage. 50% each so that only half of the weapons damage is actually boosted by the Firebug perk. (1)
- Have it so that only the regular bullet damage does headshots damage, so that shooting the body for the burnout is the best way to go for the Firebug. (although upon a headshots the fire damage is still applied to the bhody as normal... assuming I understood how health works correctly :)) (1)(3)
- Have the Mac 10 with a standard amount of ammo either 30 bullets in 9 clips or 40 bullets in 6 clips. (2)
- Level 5 having Mac 10 and Level 6 having FT seems fine to me. Can throw in armour if we want to be nice but not all of them :) (4)
- Remove semi auto fire, and have it just as burst fire, might make the thing a little harder to control and more fun to use. I'd also say make the thing take 2 or 3 bullets or so to ignite specimens, so this burst fire is acutally useful.

As I get more information I will update this as and when.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mac10

1. TWI was right, its nothing we would have expected. Why? Because we expected a firebug weapon. This is NOT a firebug weapon dispite of incendiary damage. Feels more like commando, which is wrong...

2. The weapon seems a tad overpowered. Was able to kill a scrake with one clip on solo suicidal. That is, his head exploded so it wasnt done by burning him.

3. You spawn with flamer, mac10 and a body armor o_O??

4. Isnt this weapon - or at least the model and texture - made by the community weapons development team? Until it sorta died?

Otherwise this weapon is great, always wanted something like that in KF. Just without the fire damage... and wrong perk too.

The recoil is just fine imo. It would be even stronger if you could just spray without any noticable recoil. You just have to fire bursts.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
The main point of use MAC10 is the control burn

Mac10 + Xbow the new way to solo suicide
Is the Firebug's way ;D

Oh my god...soon we'll be seeing 15 threads yelling "nerf the Mac". I, however, prefer it to plain old cheese;):D

In any case, I think we should take a moment to think about what this forum'll be like in the future.

We'll be talking about "those olden days" before th mac, when the hadnt fixed the m14, and when the firebug was not OP, but the weakling.

In any case, I do commend TWI for their introduction of this tasty food item into our zombie-killing box o' tricks.

Upvote 0
my opinion of the mac10 is pretty simple.....it works.

basically, the weapon gives the perk something to use against crawlers, bloats (headshots) and husks. if you use it in semi auto and go for headshots, it's very effective. granted the "unique" factor is supposed to be the incendiary ammo, but it's not quite as efficient as getting headshots. although, if you play it right you can get decent burn damage so it makes it work. overall, it's fine. it gives a little boost to the perk that it definitely needed.

however, please fix the bugs.....3rd person animations and "AK sound" and the level6 spawning with the flamethrower, armour and mac10.....the info states that level6 should spawn with mac10 and armour. imo, level5 should spawn with flamethrower and level6 with flamethrower and armour (like it's always been for 6). make em wait a wave or two to get the mac10.

i never actaully felt that the firebug was that weak to begin with. firstly, you don't take fire damage from husks....HUGE benefit if your team's SS suck. if you knew how to use the flamerthrower efficiently, it was highly effective about dealing damage to large groups without having to spray a ton of ammo. the main issue was that the money system gave money for kills and not damage......now that it's damage, the firebug should have no trouble needing money for ammo. add in the mac10 for dealing with pesky crawlers and husks, and the perk should be just fine.

Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0
my opinion of the mac10 is pretty simple.....it works.

basically, the weapon gives the perk something to use against crawlers, bloats (headshots) and husks. if you use it in semi auto and go for headshots, it's very effective. granted the "unique" factor is supposed to be the incendiary ammo, but it's not quite as efficient as getting headshots. although, if you play it right you can get decent burn damage so it makes it work. overall, it's fine. it gives a little boost to the perk that it definitely needed.

however, please fix the bugs.....3rd person animations and "AK sound" and the level6 spawning with the flamethrower, armour and mac10.....the info states that level6 should spawn with mac10 and armour. imo, level5 should spawn with flamethrower and level6 with flamethrower and armour (like it's always been for 6). make em wait a wave or two to get the mac10.

i never actaully felt that the firebug was that weak to begin with. firstly, you don't take fire damage from husks....HUGE benefit if your team's SS suck. if you knew how to use the flamerthrower efficiently, it was highly effective about dealing damage to large groups without having to spray a ton of ammo. the main issue was that the money system gave money for kills and not damage......now that it's damage, the firebug should have no trouble needing money for ammo. add in the mac10 for dealing with pesky crawlers and husks, and the perk should be just fine.

Yup. Now to see if the Commando will be alright compared to the still-powerful Sharpshooter. :(

Upvote 0
I pretty much agree with points 1, 2 and 3 HaTeMe did.

Played updated KF at 1:30 today, done a bit of suicidal solo. First impression when I spawned with the Mac was "wut", impression when shooting specimen and seeing them burst in flames was "wut". :confused:
Then I soloed both scrake (got unharmed) and FP (was left with 35hps) with a bit of flamer and full auto Mac10 to the head. Again, "wut".

Aside from that, it's a pretty good addition, plays differently and makes the FB more viable at times (also, love the recoil). Gotta say though, I HATE that incendiary ammo thing; the next step is making the firebug being able to snap his fingers and lit up specimen that way. I mean, really, at least put in some fiery tracers to reduce that "poff, you're now on fire!" effect. :(

Just gotta hope FB won't be the new "support at game launch\zerker after Heavy Metal update\sharpshooter after Level Up update" perk.

4.Spawning with the Mac 10, armour and a Flamethrower is going overboard. Take at least one thing off of us :)

If anything, take out the Mac plz. :D

Upvote 0