• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Opinion: MAC10

This is a thread about the new member of the TWI family: the MAC10.
The thread is primarily about your rating of the MAC, but is also just about the MAC in general.
This is not of hating it, necessarily, just stating opinions and your recent experiences. The satisfaction of finally getting at those husks. That massive recoil. All that jazz.
Heres a starting poll and screenshots.

I would add in some screenshots, but apparently they are too largefor attachments.

That thing hits like a truck.
Not the shots themselves but the burn damage.
I was just left as the last survivor on a 6 man hard game and the last enemy was a scrake.
2 shots while letting it burn killed it. It couldn't charge at me because of the burn.

This could possibly be the most efficient gun in the game depending on how much space you have and having it on full auto is a huge waste.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love this gun! Massive recoil is GOOD because noobs will not be able to use this weapon well. Using it for close range burst fire is very effective. Husks heads explode like jiffy pop in seconds. :D

Use the iron sights and this gun works well in short bursts. Semi auto mode is only useful if you are trying to snipe or conserve ammo. One other thing I noticed is that when other people shoot the mac10 it sounds like the ak firing but when I shoot it does not sound like the ak.

Upvote 0
I love this gun! Massive recoil is GOOD because noobs will not be able to use this weapon well. Using it for close range burst fire is very effective. Husks heads explode like jiffy pop in seconds. :D

Use the iron sights and this gun works well in short bursts. Semi auto mode is only useful if you are trying to snipe or conserve ammo. One other thing I noticed is that when other people shoot the mac10 it sounds like the ak firing but when I shoot it does not sound like the ak.

semi auto mode is a definately good tactic in any situation. Bursts wastes ammo unless used on husk heads. But in many cases, a little fire is all you need. Going crazy with this gun usually leads to you shooting the ceiling, however.

Upvote 0
It's the model of ricardo if my eyes don't fail me.
they have failed you, I worked on that project I can tell you its a new model

Lol that thing is for anything but close range imo.
How is it not made for sniping? Well, apart from the strange ironsights wobble...
It's an animation bug, the animation of firing ends with the gun not at the zero point, so when you shoot again it just appears back that the zero point..horrible.

It sounds silenced from first person, but sounds like an AK from third person.
It's a bug right now.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=46304

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fire ammo for other classes will cause firebug perk to level easier which is not good? Anyway the gun is still good for other perks as a better bullpup replacement.

Maybe its that they dont want other perks smothering the firebug out by stealing the fire ability. Then every support could just whip it out, pump a single bullet into the zed, and then shotty it. No firebug necessary.

But maybe Im wrong.

Upvote 0