• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The New Firebug is OVERPOWERED

weeman2412

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
... NO I am dead serious... Fiery ammo.. on top of bullets that deal practically the same damage as the handcannons o.o ... it also has 47 bullets per clip...

I am a level 6 firebug.. and I find that the fiery mac10 damage output is even greater than that of my level 6 sharpshooter handcannons.. Btw nerfing the m14 weights were just stupid.. now I can't carry a katana along with my m14 :|

... NO I am dead serious... Fiery ammo.. on top of bullets that deal practically the same damage as the handcannons o.o ... it also has 47 bullets per clip...

I am a level 6 firebug.. and I find that the fiery mac10 damage output is even greater than that of my level 6 sharpshooter handcannons.. Btw nerfing the m14 weights were just stupid.. now I can't carry a katana along with my m14 :|
Nope.

Upvote 0
After playing so much Sharpshooter, you get used to noscoping heads and shooting things far away, while not spraying bullets. Apply those lessons to the MAC-10..

Was soloing West London an hour or so ago on hard with it. Not as difficult as you'd think, even with ammo limitation. Fire one shot, wait anywhere from 1 - 3 seconds, any small mob is dead. Husk? Light it up three times in a row from a distance; dead. Scrakes usually don't charge while on fire, so they're not really a problem - plus you can avoid them without getting rushed. Doesn't take long. Fleshpounds were the only actual problem for me; which I solved by using a crossbow (raising the price of it was helpful.. but not enough, imo).

Honestly I'm not sure how to feel about it. I suppose it's a weapon capable of solo, and maybe 2, 3 player games, but maybe it'll be more of a backup thing in a full server. And aside from it being a fairly kick-*** gun when used right, it still feels horribly unpolished. Was any of its coding done by Tripwire? Or all community?

Upvote 0
I actually agree with the OP, firebug now spawns with Mac10, flamer and a body armor so basically he doesnt have to spend money on anything but refill T_T?

Not to mention mac10 can kill a solo suicidal scrake with 1 mag so, might not do the same on 6 man game but after softening him up a bit with a flamer he would surely go down like a fly. Probably same with the fleshpound, have to give it a try. (in fact gotta test it right now)

I really hoped they would have chosen the flaregun :/. This weapon isnt a firebug weapon.

Upvote 0
Level 6 Firebug is overloaded and thus overpowered, we realized that a few hours before the update went out, but we'd like to consider it to be "we're sorry your perk has never been very good". We'll have to fix it up later.

...And this is where I decided to finally make a forum account here. A developer that dares admitting a mistake has got some serious balls, especially with all the haters here.

Have a tank:IS2:

Upvote 0
Haha- Devs speak now :O!!! I'm loving tripwire ever more slowly! I think the fire ammo is the problem. Personally the damage is cool in my opinion but you don't really have to waste ammo on it if you just shoot one target each time- thus they all catch on fire and die. Only people your worried about are sirens, scrakes, and fleshpounds. So yeah.

+ I didn't like the idea of fire-bullets xD kind of.... Retarded in my opinion.

Upvote 0