• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Realistically, which tanks/vehicles would you like to see? (in terms of future DLC)

Hmmm, in order of priority...

Russians:
~ BT-7
~ SU-76
~ KV-1

Germans:
~ Pz III
~ Stug III
~ Tiger I

These would be my choices :)

Good list except Tiger I. I don't think so Tigers were used in Battle Of Stalingrad. Well, I don't want to start another discussion about which weapon/vehicle might be in Stalingrad (Mkb 42 topic), but I think those heavy tanks like KV1 and Tiger will be used in next future addon, like Heroes Of Kharkov or something like that. TWI keep Tiger tank for something "big".

It's more likely to see SU-76 and Stug III imho in announced game update.

Upvote 0
You can't go past a Stug III. The most produced armoured fighting vehicle of the war as far as Germany goes, it was also the tank/assault gun most commonly found supporting the infantry who themselves loved it and were always overjoyed when they turned up. They also generally had elite crews as well.
They would make for interesting game balance as they only have a narrow firing arc from the front of the vehicle although they have the option of mounting a 105mm howitzer which would be murder against infantry. The only downside is they didn't have shurzen at the time of Stalingrad which is the best part about the Stug, makes it look so ugly and menacing.

A lot depends on what sort of battlefields will be played in the future, on more open and massive maps it would be more fun to see some light tanks or recon armoured cars like some model of sdkfz 234 speeding about (the Pz. II is not a particularly fast tank). Whatever vehicles are chosen they need to serve some useful gameplay purpose.

The T-34 vs the Pz. IV (G? or F2) are a good match at the moment. The T-34 has speed and better sloped armour whilst the Pz. IV has a slightly more powerful gun, roomier turret making the crew more efficient and (whether it will be modeled or not) better optics and crew/radio etc.
What model of Pz. IV is being used? The F2 has some pretty thin armour to its front. The G whacks another 30mm on the front hull bringing it to 80mm although not sloped obviously.

Edit: I'd also like to see a Pz. III N if the fighting is still urban dominated. It's stumpy little 75mm l/24 and centrally located cuppola would make it a tidy little urban warrior with infantry support. I would love to a see a Hannomag flamm (sdkfz 251/16) as well. Would make for fun gameplay, thin armour liable to be done over by HMG fire from a 12.7 DShK or anti tank rifles but if allowed to get within 35 meters it can unleash gouts of flame from it's two flame throwers and keep the enemies head down with its mg34 as it advances. Would be pretty terrifying seeing this thing suddenly pull up outside the building you are defending.
Some fragile 150mm assault guns would be another goodun, rubbish armour and open topped but with the ability to virtually bring buildings down around the occupants.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally I don't think shurzen should be in the game anyway, as it gives infantry a huge disadvantage on urban maps - which one assumes will comprise a majority.

It's only going to be a disadvantage vs hollow charge weapons of which there weren't any in use yet. It may also take a little kinetic energy from an anti tank rifle round but that's about it.

Edit: The more I ponder the more I like the idea of using the sdkfz 251 halftrack and the sdkfz 232 and its variants. It means you only need to design a single vehicle with a lot of modification possible that would only require fairly minor cosmetic changes to armament. The sdkfz 251 had all manner of armaments from 20mm auto cannons to 75mm l/24s, 75mm PAK40s and the aforementioned flammenwerfers. The sdkfz 232-234 were similarly armed with a range of weapons big and small and was very speedy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I thought the Sd.Kfz. 250 was the one with all the added extras?

Off the top of my head it was mainly a command vehicle used by officers and artillery observers usually only armed with an mg34 for self defence, however there were more heavily armed recon variants with a 37mm gun and an mg34. immediate edit: I think there was a short barreled 75mm version as well.

The sdkfz 251 is the standard tracked half track you always see and it had so many variants it's not funny. 81mm mortar carrier is another model I haven't mentioned along with another late war variant that had six single fire 280mm rockets. Not to mention another version having a massive infra red spotlight which was used near the end of the war which illuminated enemy tanks for night vision equipped Panthers and Tigers to knock out. The list goes on. :)

Upvote 0