• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is there a plan to bring HOS to console?

Hopefully (and probably) No.

For one - it would fragment the community. Microsoft has tested trying to merge xbox live with their windows live platform - and realized that even mediocre PC based teams massacred pro console gamers. The Mouse/Keyboard combo is just too effective/accurate compared to using a joypad.

More importantly - Games that cater to multi-platform gaming tend to cater to the lowest common denominator. The PC version will get nerfed.

... I didn't read this thread. I'm sure my points were already mentioned many times over. :p

Upvote 0
even the cover system I think is depend of this. It is not a good news for me.. well, we'll see..I want a fully pc game...

Well...look at this this way:

I play all my games in PC (i have almost 40 games by now)...and instead of a mouse+keyboard, i use...

a mouse+gamepad !!!...and it works !!!! at least for *me* it's actually much better than mouse+keyboard...

Upvote 0
For one - it would fragment the community. Microsoft has tested trying to merge xbox live with their windows live platform - and realized that even mediocre PC based teams massacred pro console gamers. The Mouse/Keyboard combo is just too effective/accurate compared to using a joypad.

Fragmentation of a community is bad, but keeping 2 seperate communities separate won't have to cause any harm.

Reactions: Welshie
Upvote 0
Hopefully (and probably) No.

So then the Wii is the best console to port it to? I'm not complaining if that happens, I love my Wii. At least give us ROOST, I'm sure the Wii could do Unreal 2.5

Upvote 0
So then the Wii is the best console to port it to? I'm not complaining if that happens, I love my Wii. At least give us ROOST, I'm sure the Wii could do Unreal 2.5

You know, I've been mildly intrigued to try a shooter on the Wii myself. I've got Red Steel 2 but I haven't played it yet. I mostly bought it because of the extra motion plus thingy it came with, but it looks like it could be fun.

But a real shooter could be a blast...

Upvote 0
Fragmentation of a community is bad, but keeping 2 seperate communities separate won't have to cause any harm.

although it's important to remember that creating seperate communities is still fragmentation of the overall community that is "ROHOS". any type of seperation is still seperation and thus takes away from the overall concept of "community". if sub-communities are formed do to a simple fact like the inability for say xbox gamers to interact with PC gamers in the same virtual environment, then seperate communities are indeed created. while that seperation may not cause physical "harm" towards each seperate sub-community, it still limits the potential of community interaction (from within the entire community, the commonlity being ROHOS) and thus hinders community development and sustainability.

think of it like a coral reef.......once organisms get isolated from the rest of the ecosystem, that seperation will inherantly affect the other organisms in that ecosystem. typically those effects are negative and lead to the collapse of the ecosystem. i could give specific examples, but science isn't exactly my favorite subject :D

Upvote 0
mouse + gamepad? How do you do this?

Only game I've ever tried with mouse + gamepad was IL-2 after my joystick broke down. It's been rather efficient to the point that I haven't bothered to buy a replacement yet. Mouse to look around while the pad to fly around and do some other ****, it's quite easy to swap between other functions of the pad and mouse after very brief practice, and the only reason why it's even reasonable is that analog stick functions as a joystick generally speaking.

Upvote 0
well think of it like this...if some obscure number of console gamers are whiny little teenagers, excited about HoS cause it looks so much like their beloved World At War, when it comes time that they play it, realize it is far too sophisticated and realistic for their slow, unrealistic Call of Duty and BC2 based gaming ideals, the game will crash and burn on the spot, and receive extreme amounts of bias about how "ZOMG 1 hit kills LAME" and "WTF no crosshairs" and "OMFG i have to share a tank" and stuff like that. The extremely low ratings it will be receiving by console players are going to be far more publicized than the PC ratings, and ultimately, will lead to less foreign interest in the series, and an even smaller community. i have firsthand seen how console people and pc people have reacted to games like ARMA 2 and Brothers in Arms, and i have yet to see a console person not trashtalk the living **** out of anything in the genre. face it...RO isnt "Arcadey" enough to appeal to a console community.

i have already seen what the console communty can do to a realistic pc game series once it has conjoined with consoles. take the battlefield series for example. before it became a console exclusive series, it was shaped by its games' combination of realism, tactics, and seemingly endless fun, much like RO. now look at it. No recoil, 20 shots to kill somebody, cmon. the last thing i want to see is a series like RO get sucked into the console drama and become just another fast paced shooting game series.

Reactions: Apos and C_Gibby
Upvote 0
well think of it like this...if some obscure number of console gamers are whiny little teenagers, excited about HoS cause it looks so much like their beloved World At War, when it comes time that they play it, realize it is far too sophisticated and realistic for their slow, unrealistic Call of Duty and BC2 based gaming ideals, the game will crash and burn on the spot, and receive extreme amounts of bias about how "ZOMG 1 hit kills LAME" and "WTF no crosshairs" and "OMFG i have to share a tank" and stuff like that. The extremely low ratings it will be receiving by console players are going to be far more publicized than the PC ratings, and ultimately, will lead to less foreign interest in the series, and an even smaller community. i have firsthand seen how console people and pc people have reacted to games like ARMA 2 and Brothers in Arms, and i have yet to see a console person not trashtalk the living **** out of anything in the genre. face it...RO isnt "Arcadey" enough to appeal to a console community.

i have already seen what the console communty can do to a realistic pc game series once it has conjoined with consoles. take the battlefield series for example. before it became a console exclusive series, it was shaped by its games' combination of realism, tactics, and seemingly endless fun, much like RO. now look at it. No recoil, 20 shots to kill somebody, cmon. the last thing i want to see is a series like RO get sucked into the console drama and become just another fast paced shooting game series.

+1 You speak truth.

However, I have noticed a lot of console users on the Consolemaster's forums beg and plead for them to make OFP: DR/RR more realistic. Hell, they are even complaining how Consolemasters is making an already arcade game even more arcady.

What I think, and this is strictly observational, is that console user is finally pondering the cost/benefit of having a console over that of a PC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Boom headshot!

Upvote 0