• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is there a plan to bring HOS to console?

In this financial world why ignore a potential audience? They are running a business not a charity that pleases everyone on these forums.
Why not actually do something so you can enjoy your life? They will get a huge load of money by doing this business, and at the same time create art. Do something they want to do.

we only pop in this universe for a blink of an eye anyways so wasting it only to make extra money is dumb.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm also ok with TWI bringing it to the consoles. They will be setting a quality standard in a market, full of products made to make a quick buck.

That might improve the overall quality of games on both console and pc markets.
No, I have yet to see a multiplatform game which wouldn't seriously hinder the PC version.

Reactions: Discoisntdead
Upvote 0
Consoles have crippled the gaming market for PCs. The typical approach the last few years by the 'other' people has been to co-develop or develop with what appears as an obvious console-first mentality that gives the PC version what amounts to half a game which they dumb-down for the 13-year old mentality of "twitch-players".

TWI still has the PC-first approach from all that I have seen/heard but that doesn't mean it will always be that way. Unfortunately for the PC world, there is too much money in console games. I don't think anyone should or would be surprised if TWI goes to consoles soon. All we can do is hope that they build their games with PC users as their core and then port some crappy version down to the console kiddies --- as it should be.

Reactions: Discoisntdead
Upvote 0
The thing I'm worried about is not that the game will become more "casual-friendly" but that there will be fewer people playing it on the PC.

Or if the game turns out to be as great at the last RO, then console players will ditch their old technology for a PC. Yes, it can happen. If anyone was on the Codemasters forums right before and a little after the release of OFP DR, there were many confirmed console players asking where to buy a gaming PC or what parts they needed so they could have one built to play the game they felt wasn't going to give them the maximum experience on a console that PC could deliver.

Upvote 0
Or if the game turns out to be as great at the last RO, then console players will ditch their old technology for a PC. Yes, it can happen. If anyone was on the Codemasters forums right before and a little after the release of OFP DR, there were many confirmed console players asking where to buy a gaming PC or what parts they needed so they could have one built to play the game they felt wasn't going to give them the maximum experience on a console that PC could deliver.

Shame they switched for such a **** game.

On topic,: no, I don't think the devs ever planned to do so. There was another thread a while back, and I think one of the devs posted on it, but I can't remember what.

Upvote 0