• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF-WTFMut, betabees

OK that worked for your server but I am trying to get it to work on mine. I am having trouble getting the redirect to work.

What site do you use to host your .uz2 files? In your .ini file, do you have the "RedirectToURL=" set with that location?

And if the problem is client-side: I was working with a guy yesterday, and when he'd try to access the server, he'd get some URL mismatch error with the mutator. I suggested he redownload the newest WTF files, and that fixed the problem.

|DN|-Nubbers

Upvote 0
How about a sledgehammer for Berserkers that can do heavy damage to big ones, but cuts down on speed alot. Say you hit a FP with it, it can take much of his health away, but it's dangerous using this because it slows you down. This might be a dumb idea though. If so, sorry

It could be balanced by having it stop you in your tracks while you swing it, but ofcourse would only be useful if timed right or for zeds chasing teammates, so it should weigh about 5-6 blocks.

Upvote 0
Weapon Ideas past,present and future.

Weapon Ideas past,present and future.

Most nights that BEEEEEES and I have off we spend coming up with new weapons, items and monsters that we think would be cool to put into the mutater. For example: The sledgehammer. We really wanted to have this in WTFmut but we need a model and animations to go with it. Do to the fact that we don't have either one atm, its not in WTFmut. It was, in fact, the first weapon idea I came up with for the Zerker.

Our BIGGEST problem atm is coming up with weapons and items for commando. This perk always felt too middle-of-the-road-ish and personally.. I REALLY hated trying to level it up. What we want for the commando is to have a modern solider or Swat feel to it. He has the guns but what if he also had some tech to back him up. Say... oh I don't know... a Hand held strobe light unit that can, in a pinch, mass stun a group of minor zeds just long enough for a firebug or demo to drop a pain hammer on them. Maybe some night vision goggles or something that will give the commando a more tactical edge while fighting.

One 'toy' I came up with, and really want to try to have working here soon, is the "BLOW-up" doll. A pack with a CO2 cartridge, simtex and an inflatable solider attachment that draws the attention of the zeds away from you for a moment before it goes BOOM.

Another thing I'm working on is using the machete for something. Maybe have it lodge into a zed and bleed it out some and pick it back up like the throwing knives.

But as I mentioned before we are limited due to our lack of modeling skills and ability to make animations. We would really like if a few more of the skilled modelers/animators out there would drop us a line.

More info to come.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Most nights that BEEEEEES and I have off we spend coming up with new weapons, items and monsters that we think would be cool to put into the mutater. For example: The sledgehammer. We really wanted to have this in WTFmut but we need a model and animations to go with it. Do to the fact that we don't have either one atm, its not in WTFmut. It was, in fact, the first weapon idea I came up with for the Zerker.

Our BIGGEST problem atm is coming up with weapons and items for commando. This perk always felt too middle-of-the-road-ish and personally.. I REALLY hated trying to level it up. What we want for the commando is to have a modern solider or Swat feel to it. He has the guns but what if he also had some tech to back him up. Say... oh I don't know... a Hand held strobe light unit that can, in a pinch, mass stun a group of minor zeds just long enough for a firebug or demo to drop a pain hammer on them. Maybe some night vision goggles or something that will give the commando a more tactical edge while fighting.

One 'toy' I came up with, and really want to try to have working here soon, is the "BLOW-up" doll. A pack with a CO2 cartridge, simtex and an inflatable solider attachment that draws the attention of the zeds away from you for a moment before it goes BOOM.

Another thing I'm working on is using the machete for something. Maybe have it lodge into a zed and bleed it out some and pick it back up like the throwing knives.

But as I mentioned before we are limited due to our lack of modeling skills and ability to make animations. We would really like if a few more of the skilled modelers/animators out there would drop us a line.

More info to come.

If I knew anything about modeling and animations I would help out, but I've never tried. At least I can try and brainstorm some suggestions, and I will definitely keep my mind workin for commandos. Keep up the awesome work, this is one of the most fun Muts I've played by far, and it's a real challenge for me even on Normal at times lol.

Edit: I was just layin here thinking about this at 3 am (I know, odd time to brainstorm) but something that could be interesting for commando, and that's if you could pull it off, how about a new type of scope for the weapons. Say, an easier way to see stalkers over distance could be a thermal type scope. (I know, MW2 reference, and people will probably hate me for this) This would allow a commando even more time to be able to see a stalker so they don't get close to teammates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi there BEEEEES and oOPEASOo

just "another" little suggestion to yours mutator
if it would be possible for the LAW to keep the nuke shoot as random + shoot the nuke anytime you wish ,but the "shoot as you wish" would eat more (3) rockets
also was wondering if it would be possible for you to contact Yomommassis and ask him if you could use his melee code for the LAW (of course only ,if you'd like the idea to be able to melee with the LAW) he used in this mutator http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=43152[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=43152[/URL]
(i was trying to put both mutators on the server ,but they don't work together ;( )

also want to thank you for putting more throwing knives in there, but i guess i need frikin boomerang ,since i always manage to loose them all , right at the beginning every wave :D
can't wait to see and use that "demo hammer" ,it looks like it will be very fun weapon to use ;p

Upvote 0
Among the many things I want to see go into wtfmut, I think an assault rifle with underslung grenade launcher would be a superb cross-perk flexibility option for commando and demolitions. Demo really NEEDS a shorter ranged option for tighter maps that are just too small for grenade launchers. And heck, I think it'd be nice for commando just cause it's cool.

Cross-perk weapons are one of the things I'm trying to get rolled into wtfmut to provide some refreshing options that fill some need or playstyle within the perks system.

Something I'm cooking up in addition to the Ban Hammer for demo is another short-range viable option: explosive rounds on the AFS12 when you're a demo. I really envision a demo running around in a claustrophobic map like RE Mansion carrying the Ban Hammer, Pipe Bombs, and the AFS12, using all three of those things to function in short hallways in a distinctly Demo way.

By no means will the vulnerabilities of Demo be eliminated, but when things get close- my aim is to give you an ace in the hole, a sort of wildcard option that can, if used with skill, turn a bad moment around from the brink- the kind of thing that ends up on youtube with the sounds of your team cheering over VoiceChat.

It's something I want all the perks to have, really.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
error crash

error crash

Hello i got this crash in my game with crawlers, heres the txt:

Code:
 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2660 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (5896)

Assertion failed: inst->KPhysRootIndex != INDEX_NONE && inst->KPhysLastIndex != INDEX_NONE [File:.\KSkeletal.cpp] [Line: 595]

History: KInitSkeletonKarma <- KInitActorKarma <- AActor::setPhysics <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (WTFZombiesBroodling KF-thestaircase.WTFZombiesBroodling, Function WTF.WTFZombiesBroodling.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (WTFZombiesBroodling) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (WTFZombiesBroodmotherController KF-thestaircase.WTFZombiesBroodmotherController, Function KFmod.KFMonsterController.WaitForAnim.Tick) <- AController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
phew...well that's a doozy.

well after a brief look around I came across this post at the steam forums wherein Yoshiro suggests it looks like the installation has become corrupted:

[url]http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15055308[/URL]

After some meditation, I don't think this problem is coming from WTFMut because the historical trace you posted shows that the assertion failed in code that executed further up the tree than my broodling code. Furthermore, broodlings do not use a custom skeleton...but they are very small...just kinda feeling things out here.

Some other nudges I'm getting after a little research is to check your KillingFloor.ini (or whatever .ini you use with your server) for trailing characters after package names in your ServerPackages section- there should be no trailing extraneous characters apparently.

Is anyone else seeing this crash? Can you reproduce the crash with WTFMut turned off, and on the same map you got the crash on before?

Upvote 0
phew...well that's a doozy.

well after a brief look around I came across this post at the steam forums wherein Yoshiro suggests it looks like the installation has become corrupted:

[url]http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15055308[/URL]

After some meditation, I don't think this problem is coming from WTFMut because the historical trace you posted shows that the assertion failed in code that executed further up the tree than my broodling code. Furthermore, broodlings do not use a custom skeleton...but they are very small...just kinda feeling things out here.

Some other nudges I'm getting after a little research is to check your KillingFloor.ini (or whatever .ini you use with your server) for trailing characters after package names in your ServerPackages section- there should be no trailing extraneous characters apparently.

Is anyone else seeing this crash? Can you reproduce the crash with WTFMut turned off, and on the same map you got the crash on before?
ok thanks!

Upvote 0

More info to come.

I can have a sledgehammer model for you ASAP if you still need one?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Clips.

Wat
Extended Clip-On Ties, So his Weapon can look fancy.

Also BEE, some suggestions i've thought up about cross-classing

Commando - He Obtains a Undermounted Masterkey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masterkey) which can be activated with the Alt-Fire Key (Semi-Auto, Full Auto, Super Auto, Masterkey) Which fires a small number of pellets (3-5?) That have Moderate Damage, And Moderate Penetration, Designed for when a group sneaks up on you and you don't have the time to reload. Maybe 12 rounds in reserve, 2 loaded in the Masterkey at a time?

Firebug - I got a bit creative with this one, As we all know the Flamethrower is great for hordes, But for the big guys? Forget it.
you have to either have a Sharpshooter watching over you, or you have to put away your weapon and haul ***. So i thought about Giving it a... Crossbow of sorts, with a Far less Headshot multiplier but still doing roughly the same damage as the bolt hitting a targets body.
The "Bolt" Is fired through the way normal flame is, However it is a far more concentrated burst of flames.
The "Bolt" Has the ability to fly straight and penetrate as many targets that are in it's path until it impacts a barrier.
The moment it touches a target, instead of setting them ablaze it instantly Causes them to "Crisp Up" Slowing them down, interrupting their Charge, and increasing the damage they take by say.... A Multiplier of 2?(not really decided on if it should even be in it, but hell, Firebug is a support role, and increasing the damage something takes is what support does.)
So if a fleshpound, scrake is coming to Smash/Gut you, you can stop them for a moment, slow them down, and increase the damage they take. I was thinking using that burst Costs maybe 30 Of your Fires "Ammunition"

Those are the 2 i've thought out the most

Beserker - This i don't consider to be "Cross Classing" in the same way as the others, but as we all know the Beserker should be on the frontline beating back Foes. Naturally he is most likely at some point going to take some damage, so instead of him either being forced to put away his weapon to heal, Or waiting for a medic to heal him. He should have Minor regeneration capabilities. Perhaps 1 Health Point every 2 Seconds?

And for the machete i was thinking about something that would make it very useful to a Beserker, Upon Clicking the Designated button, You "Swipe" at a target and if you hit them the special ability activates, which creates a "Zed Stop Time Bubble" Around you so anything that is inside or enters is completely stopped. (Except Players to prevent Griefing?) And while your in that state, you can't MOVE but you can still attack, With a Greatly boosted Attack Speed. (I was thinking along, 30-40 hits per second, Bubble lasts 3 seconds) and the target isn't "Afflicted" by the hits until the bubble wears off. I have NO idea how hard it'd be to code this But it'd sure as hell be useful to beserkers, This way they can take down or severly injure fleshpounds instead of being extremely weak against them. (and feeling like a total badass by turning the strongest of creatures into small pieces of flesh) I say a timer delay for the attack would be good, Perhaps once every 4 minutes? And the Patriarch has a 90% resistance to machete damage to prevent it from being able to weaken him

Due to how long this post was i'm going to go procrastinate a bit, Hope my ideas seem good Bees.
Also i have some ideas for Demolition, and for Commando, will post them in a bit

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But as I mentioned before we are limited due to our lack of modeling skills and ability to make animations. We would really like if a few more of the skilled modelers/animators out there would drop us a line

Everyone pay attention to what he typed. Closely. Everyone wants tons of new specimens, players, weapons, and all kinds of new cool junk. Modeling and animations skills are rare and making new models and animations take time. A lot of time.

Rather than request a bunch of new weapons and specimen models, I'm sure suggestions that are balance related and are derivatives (superauto mode, slugs, lake of fire m79, metal clot, and other similar stuff) are more easily implemented.

I'm not one of the authors here and I hope I'm not overstepping either. But I think flooding these talented developers with a ton of work they either can't do or don't have the time or skills may eventually discourage them from the work they can do.

Personally, I love this mutator. I think reskinning, resizing, and changing the mobs is a great idea. The best ideas are the metal clot and especially the goreallyfast. Brilliant. And adding the 5% random chance to go nuke is a great way to add a reason to use the rocket launcher. Although I think it should be a little higher chance. Superauto mode is great although I wish the SCAR had a 1/2 full auto speed as well. I think the firebug has been boosted way too much with way, way, way too much fuel.

Fantastic mutator and I think it is well thought out.

If either of the authors think the first part of this message is out of line or I've overstepped, let me know and I'll remove it.

Upvote 0