• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamescon 2010 HEROES videos

What's with all the AI hate? There are some bugs to work out and some polish thar is still to be done, but the guys are like genius level fraking einsteins compared to the AI in the first game. Right now they're so good at the game that I can barely beat them attacking on easy mode and we actually need to tone them down. They can interact with cover, mantle, understand the tactical situation and make intelligent decisions on which objectives to attack or defend, the list goes on and on. So chill with the AI hate, and give them a chance :)

Upvote 0
What's with all the AI hate? There are some bugs to work out and some polish thar is still to be done, but the guys are like genius level fraking einsteins compared to the AI in the first game. Right now they're so good at the game that I can barely beat them attacking on easy mode and we actually need to tone them down. They can interact with cover, mantle, understand the tactical situation and make intelligent decisions on which objectives to attack or defend, the list goes on and on. So chill with the AI hate, and give them a chance :)

Well, it was probably influenced by the Danzig vid.
The AI were just swarming all around the objectives, ignoring players, running past them and turning around etc.

I'm quite interested how they will be in the final product. :)

Upvote 0
Well, it was probably influenced by the Danzig vid.
The AI were just swarming all around the objectives, ignoring players, running past them and turning around etc.

I'm quite interested how they will be in the final product. :)
Thought the same, but we'll see how it'll play out. I wouldn't rest on 'einsteins compared to Ostfront', because that must not mean that they're good now. Not that I'm planning to play much against AI, but it might give a bad impression to reviewers.

Upvote 0
I just saw today that a sequel is in works for Red Orchestra, and looking at the video in the news, and the official site, i said wtf?
The original title was a uniqe innovative stuff with those vehicles in it, it was the perfect blend between simulation and gameplay, and i just bought becasue of the tanks, i didnt play much with the infantry because that was just the good old shooter like in any other games, and its booring like hell.
And looking at the news about a sequel i see there is no word about any vehicles, just an other simple n+1 shooter, which is dumped on the market over and over every year by any studio.
Where are those russian guys who made the original innovative game? Im missing something and they sold the company to someone else?
When i saw the news about RO2 before seeing the site my first thought was that finally a great war sim will be out with planes, bombers etc., not an other simple ww2 shooter again.

Upvote 0
I'm amazed that you'll be able to order the AI to attack another floor within a building.....that's some sophisticated intelligence.

Some of the back and forth AI movements probably reflect "decisions on the run", and calculating 60+ bots to instantaneously respond to changing firefight situations is probably not to be expected.

Upvote 0
I'm part of the people who begin to have a painful wait until the final product release :p

All i see in these gameplay footages on a later alpha build game is great.
For me, you still have that special RO feeling when you play it.
AI is pretty nice as it uses cover and moves pretty realistically for the level shown here : easy. Lighting is great and textures looking good to.

My hopes went high on seeing these vidz TWI gentlemen !
Keep up the great work and improvements coming.
I'm sure RO:HOS will knock out a huge load of people ;) :IS2:

Upvote 0
I just saw today that a sequel is in works for Red Orchestra, and looking at the video in the news, and the official site, i said wtf?
The original title was a uniqe innovative stuff with those vehicles in it, it was the perfect blend between simulation and gameplay, and i just bought becasue of the tanks, i didnt play much with the infantry because that was just the good old shooter like in any other games, and its booring like hell.
And looking at the news about a sequel i see there is no word about any vehicles, just an other simple n+1 shooter, which is dumped on the market over and over every year by any studio.
Where are those russian guys who made the original innovative game? Im missing something and they sold the company to someone else?
When i saw the news about RO2 before seeing the site my first thought was that finally a great war sim will be out with planes, bombers etc., not an other simple ww2 shooter again.
Actually you can hear one of the old (drunk) russian developers asking a question at the beginning of the video.

Upvote 0
G-g-g-g-g-god like! The only suggestion I have is on Countdown:

It looks like it would kill the immersion by respawning all of the players back together after an objective was captured, when you could just leave the ones that are alive where they are. Then it would feel like a wave of reinforcements are coming in instead of just another wave of enemies. I don't know how this would play out, but just thought I'd mention it.

I have to agree with this. It could get especially annoying if you're in a great spot as a machine gunner or a sniper, and you know you can provide very accurate covering fire for the advancing infantry, but then you're respawned, despite not having died.

One of the stupidest posts I have ever seen

...Lolwhut.

You know that Red Orchestra has been an infantry simulation since it's genesis, right? It offers unique, realistic infantry combat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For me, something is definitely off with the German helmets. I don't know if it is that, though. I can't quite spot it. :\

I think everyone needs to take a look at how the helmets are sitting on the soldiers in these pictures.

[url]http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/wp-content/gallery/rohos-screenshots/traincoverv2.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/wp-content/gallery/rohos-screenshots/Basement_Tactical.jpg[/URL]

VS

[url]http://www.hessenantique.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/helmetsha.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://sgm.casposidad.com/fotos/394.jpg[/URL]

Notice how the forehead shows in the screenshots, the helmet is way too high up.

Upvote 0
hey everyone - i'm new to the forums and this is my first post.

i just want to say WOW. i'm thoroughly impressed with RO:HOS. tripwire has really thought of everything down to the little details. The level of innovation they've brought to the table is phenomenal. I love the new objective based game mode and how the music changes. Beyond being an intense military sim/shooter, it also looks like an incredibly fun and challenging game to play. if i had any criticisms, it may be that some of the animations seem a little exaggerated, but overall I'm really looking forward to playing this when it comes out.

Upvote 0
I have to agree with this. It could get especially annoying if you're in a great spot as a machine gunner or a sniper, and you know you can provide very accurate covering fire for the advancing infantry, but then you're respawned, despite not having died.

In basics I agree but remember that then you could have people setting up at the enemy spawn when only 1 enemy is left alive. And firing right away when the majority of the enemies re-spawn.

Perhaps an order to "regroup" in the building would be better. Or perhaps a retreat whistle and then a fade to black as if you would rest a night and continue the next day. So it can probably be depicted in a nicer way but only re-spawning the dead leaves some pretty big possible exploiting issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In basics I agree but remember that then you could have people setting up at the enemy spawn when only 1 enemy is left alive. And firing right away when the majority of the enemies re-spawn.

Perhaps an order to "regroup" in the building would be better. Or perhaps a retreat whistle and then a fade to black as if you would rest a night and continue the next day. So it can probably be depicted in a nicer way but only re-spawning the dead leaves some pretty big possible exploiting issues.
Or a spawn protection zone...

Upvote 0