• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The battle you would most like to see represented in RS

doesnt change the fact the brits got hammered at singapore so completely it would be weird to change that into a proper map without doing call of duty isms

I don't know anything about those battles.

What I meant was, if one of the sides got completely hammered or had a severe disadvantage, you can simulate that with fewer reinforcements. For most maps in RS, it would make sense that the Japanese side gets less reinforcements, but also very good defensive positions. Whereas the Americans get more reinforcements because storming open beaches resulted in a lot of casualties.

Oftentimes the Japanese were the ones who got completely hammered, and this can be portrayed in Rising Storm, but both sides need to be able to win. So a 50/50 balance is still important. Just because side X defeated side Y, doesn't mean that side X should win more rounds more often. That would be unfair.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can someone explain me what are Call of Duty isms in the context of historical correctness and the way a certain battle ended. We all know how the war ended.

If we would game historical correct all late Stalingrad battles would give us Axis close to starvation not able to defend them self against waves of revenge seeking Russian.

In my opinion ( but hey i made Wateverovko) the levels needs to be balanced despite the fact a certain battle in reality was won easily by one team or the other. Who wants to play a game where you win easy cause history said so....

Upvote 0
In many regards, with the Pacific theater, you are on an island. Where are you going to go? You either win or loose. In many scenarios the end is all but a given, in enough time. There is one design element for some scenarios, fight defensively to buy time. Since this is a game, reality needs to be checked at the door but we can realistically expect to do the best job possible to recreate the chaos of the battlefields, the desperation of holding out just a bit longer, etc. Does anyone think the guys on Wake or Guam ever thought they'd hold off the Japanese forces heading toward them, the Japanese at Tarawa or Iwo Jima? No, they fought to hold out just a little bit longer, to do their job and defend their islands. That is the core of most of the scenarios out there.

What I think should be looked for are hard fought scenarios that require team work to accomplish set objectives that will lead to a faster victory or defeat, in the battle, the campaign, the war.

Upvote 0
Can someone explain me what are Call of Duty isms in the context of historical correctness and the way a certain battle ended. We all know how the war ended.

If we would game historical correct all late Stalingrad battles would give us Axis close to starvation not able to defend them self against waves of revenge seeking Russian.

In my opinion ( but hey i made Wateverovko) the levels needs to be balanced despite the fact a certain battle in reality was won easily by one team or the other. Who wants to play a game where you win easy cause history said so....

Well you dont play the entire battle of stalingrad in 1 go do you? You just play parts of that battle and it wasnt like it was a walkover for the russians either. Singapore however doesnt have any of that at all afaik.

Upvote 0
Well you dont play the entire battle of stalingrad in 1 go do you? You just play parts of that battle and it wasnt like it was a walkover for the russians either. Singapore however doesnt have any of that at all afaik.
There was some very fierce fighting for Singapore. It wasn't just a surrender. If I remember correctly, the Japanese assault on the Island was very costly. There wasnt any fighting in the streets, but theres always Manila for that.

Upvote 0

Lets quote myself:

With that I ment a specific mp level portraiting the late Stalingrad battles.
So after the encirclement close to the surrender.
Sorry if i wasn't clear at once.

Upvote 0
bf1942 was the best battlefield, also one of the last arcade fps games i actually enjoyed.

RO in the end is a fairly realistic fps which intends on putting you in similar shoes as what the soldiers were in back in ww2. This is why the only battles which should appear in RO or any mod where battles that actually were close. If the japs did land on a island and had heavy losses then that would work as a map. What wouldnt work if the battle was rather one sided.

Upvote 0