• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Kf-Defence

in this http://z10.invisionfree.com/KEPT/index.php?showtopic=133http://z10.invisionfree.com/KEPT/index.php?showtopic=133
mamoo how in the hell you got in there :eek:??? what version did you test??? or did you use god or fly in console? just asking

We always test maps without cheats, otherwise it wouldnt give a realistic result. We do have health regeneration tho, but thats not gonna make any difference.

What comes to the exploit Mamoo found, I dont know wether its actually working or not. Havent tested the map myself.

And Falidell, the main problem is specimen only mutators tbh. If your map is played on Bloated or any other specimen only mutator it becomes same grinding fest as the first version simply because only crawlers and stalkers are able to jump over the wall. Ive tried to get specimen mutators dewhitelisted but TW isnt exactly supporting the idea. Or, in fact they havent given any statement on the subject at all. Even tho they themselves said those mutators arent fully supported by the game, they just threw them out there to see what happens lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Or, in fact they havent given any statement on the subject at all. Even tho they themselves said those mutators arent fully supported by the game, they just threw them out there to see what happens lol.

yeah and they said they'd eventually get around to taking a look at them.....even though we've seen a year of them getting abused to the nth degree taking maps from just being easy to being grinding maps. without the specimen mutators, none of the defense maps (or any grinding map for that matter) would result in the extent of the cheap grinding we've seen from them at such rediculous rates. people would realize that it gets boring and time consuming to grind and would just stop doing it.

mappers are the ones who get hurt the most by those mutators. because of them we end up having to test maps assuming that people will be trying to use a specimen mutator to make it a grindfest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@NR480
sry just notice ur response :( ummm yes i would say that is something i should see about fixing cuz thats just lame.... i'll play around in the editor see what i come up with...

@HaTeMe
actually the Specific specimen mutators will have also use the jumppads,
this is because the mutators check for incomeing spawn request from the game then replaces all the specimens with a certain type. and this is all done after the game checks for available spawn zones... so lets say we have a crawler/stalker ZombieZone that just had a request for 3 crawlers and 3 stalkers, the mutator takes that and changes all 6 of those specimens to a certain specimen.. all done post spawn pos checking. so in Bloated they will jump the walls but only in the waves that crawlers/stalkers normally would. so wave 2+

@-[SiN]-bswearer
i wouldn't test it for it at all infact.... because like it or not if they want to use the mutator to quick level themselves up they'll use it on any map thats whitelisted even core maps. nothing you can do about that as a mapper and as a tester. just test it with vanilla gameplay(normal for level 1-2's hard for level 3-4 or even 5's suicidal for level 6's; i make the difficulty of my levels on these values)

Upvote 0
the problem is that if TW is going to allow the mutators to be used as part of the game and be whitelisted despite them allowing cheap leveling, it's something we have to expect and try to prevent in maps. again, it's not the fault of mappers and they shouldn't be expected to account for the possibility of players using the mutators to grind.....that's why there are others that test to see how bad the effects are on maps assuming people might use them at one point or another. we can then relay the info back to mappers to prevent that from happening.

if the muts were just blacklisted, nobody would ever have to worry about it. ;)

Upvote 0
ok sry guys for the delay been kinda busy at work an also had a lack of willpower to work on em but

-i fixed that issue with the zombies and the door and the nothing happening turns out i forgot to set keyframe 1 so in other words the door isn't going anywhere but the engine was still sending the all clear to the zombies that the door was indeed open even tho it wasn't hence the zombie confusion.
sense i couldn't decide what it should look like opened i decide it should just sorta dissapear when opened instead of exploded.. tho it'll reapear if you "close" the door ghetto i know lol

-i also fixed the issue with the over kill fleshpounds coming from the tower so no more 6 fp's, 6 scrakes, and 6 sirens at once lol turns out i acidently released the version made specifically for me and my bro so the zombie volumes had a x3 spawn factor inside the tower.... my bad silly mistake

- i also fixed that strange bug that would cause players to get stuck on the trader room even after the wave starts, it reguarded the door.. i won't go into details, but i fixed it in a ghetto way. i made the door sorta fall into the floor lol lazy i know but it was the only way i was able to fix it... that i found at any rate.

i didn't update the link yet because i want to make sure i didn't miss anything
so have i coved everything noted?

ps. there is one bug i won't be able to fix.. not because i don't know how or it simply can't be done, but because it would change the gameplay a bit too much for my likeing it regards the walls and zombies on the ground those who know it shut it those who find it shut it and everyone please don't use it, ****ing exploiters making a mappers life a pain in the arse.

Upvote 0