• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Kf-Defence

Hey.

Hey.

Nope not new. I found the newer version on the white list. Had not stumbled across this thread yet. So I thought I would leave a comment. At least I do not think it is new.:D I have had b1 on my server for awhile now.

Also both servers are updated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
man it's been a while sense i logged onto the forums... anyways..

i never thought this map would be so popular i see it all the time on the servers i even saw a 24/7 server for this map.... and it's been what? 8 months?... well good news sense it's so popular i've decided to finish it i'll have beta 3 up soon... a day or 2 :)

Upvote 0
oh btw how do you get a map whilelisted.. i know you put it up in the whilelist request sticky but what exactly are the requirements? difficulty? required distance between random ammo/gun/equiptment spawns? trader distance?
I think all of those above + no stuck points for the ZEDS (as I recall at this map there was an issue with stairs or what...hmm) so check your work for that mentioned points. Then the KEPT checks it for "clarity" and if the map passes it will be added by Xienen.
BTW this map already has about 2 remakes made by other, so keep (kept lol) the good work :D

Upvote 0
okidok :) will do so far i've changed the 4 main doors and related shooting halls to nicer arches. and replaced the stairs with a better looking set, L shape with supports and whatnot :) also to solve that "walls=Win" issue i've added lots of jump points for the crawlers and those invisible girls to get onto the walls. i've tested it out with my bro and just that simple change makes it much more difficult... however i think i will add some junk to the walls aswell so people will have a bit more difficulty on the walls.... you know like benches, crates, barrels, ETC. hmmm what else.. not sure what to do in the tower yet....

EDIT:
i've been debateing revamping the tower all togeather. putting it in the centre with 4 entrances with doors via paths from the walls. hmmm i think i won't have doors in the tower..... but tower in centre would solve 2 issues i have. 1. the walls are too easy and with the tower in the centre people will have to go around it inorder to help ya. 2. i can put some anti-portals in the tower so it'll only render whats on ur side. this will help for those with not so great comps. hmmmm i guess 3. it might look better too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hmmmm, well what do you mean by increasing spawn time? o you mean more zeds at a time or less zeds at a time? i'm guessing more zeds at a time right?

Make the trader door go down instead of up, make it so we cant go under the stairs, and yes more zeds at the same time, or make the distance shorter between the castle and the spawn points. Also, add some blocking volumes at the top of the remparts. You can jump on someones head and get at the top. those are for b2

Upvote 0
Really like the new version, but I have one or two suggestions:

Add murder hole to the wooden keeps on the walls, it really gives another way to defend the doors to the one player wide window.

The specimens never seem to attack the doors, they just jump over the walls, perhaps add a proscribed path to the doors from certain spawns outside so that specimens from that spawn will always go for the door.

the for seems a little empty, the top room makes for some good kiting, add a few tables or chairs in there to really break it up.

Finally, the outside trader is not conspicuous enough, it really needs some sort of trader door mover the notify you that the trader is there.

Upvote 0
Add murder hole to the wooden keeps on the walls, it really gives another way to defend the doors to the one player wide window.

The specimens never seem to attack the doors, they just jump over the walls, perhaps add a proscribed path to the doors from certain spawns outside so that specimens from that spawn will always go for the door.

the for seems a little empty, the top room makes for some good kiting, add a few tables or chairs in there to really break it up.

Finally, the outside trader is not conspicuous enough, it really needs some sort of trader door mover the notify you that the trader is there.

ooo i like those ideas, the murderholes and the procribed paths to the doors, as for the tower yea i it empty huh i can't really decided if they should be walls up there or tables and what not.

and i didn't know there was an outside trader :/ i thought i only put the one in the tower.

Upvote 0
ooo i like those ideas, the murderholes and the procribed paths to the doors, as for the tower yea i it empty huh i can't really decided if they should be walls up there or tables and what not.

and i didn't know there was an outside trader :/ i thought i only put the one in the tower.

Must be a stray shop volume, its in the square pegged out by the two wooden walkways.

Upvote 0
alrighty, i've removed that stray trader volume, an to get the bots to attack the doors and jump the walls i'm useing assaultPaths with the doors being a weight of 1.0 and the jumpspots 0.75 for normal spawns, for the crawler spawns i have the doors set to 0.75 and the jump spots 1.0 :) thats what i've done so far and the assaultPaths are working well :)

EDIT: ok nvm the Assault Paths works well on the first waves but after that they seem to only use the UTJUmppad's even when i set those paths to a priority of 0.25
EDIT 2 : oh nvm i figured it out, i forgot to add extra "Cost" to the utjumpads, so even tho the path was of lower value it was the fasted way to get to the objective ie the player. with the extra "cost of the jumppads it will now seem as tho both paths are of equal distance at least in the ai's POV

Last edited:
Upvote 0