• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Flamethrowers and swords

what about swords with flamethrowers?

Fallout3-Shishkebab.jpg

Upvote 0
lol, I thought of the Shishkebab as well. As for a serious response, I would think the flamethrower class would actually be kinda crappy, since I don't think while playing a game, people will hide in holes in the ground, at least not en masse. That with the flamethrower's slow pace and vulnerability, I think would make it an unpopular and often unplayed class. As for the sword, so long as I can use my weapon to try and defend myself I think it would be cool. Otherwise they'd kill those bayonets at point blank range with zero competition and I would anticipate massive butthurt to ensue due to that.

Upvote 0
lol, I thought of the Shishkebab as well. As for a serious response, I would think the flamethrower class would actually be kinda crappy, since I don't think while playing a game, people will hide in holes in the ground, at least not en masse. That with the flamethrower's slow pace and vulnerability, I think would make it an unpopular and often unplayed class.

The Flamethrower class would definitely come in handy against a bunker type objective. I can't imagine the class being completely "snail" slow or any more vulnerable than a Bazooka man. ;)

Slight caution: A couple dead bodies

YouTube - Tank flame throwers in action WW2 footage

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TBH, I don't' think it's be all that hard to implement a Flame Thrower correctly (KF's was a nice start, but still lacked something.. like even ambient fire globules (think the UT Goo-Gun, but instead of green goo, it's fire..).. and the war in the Pac was probably -the place- that flamethrowers were used frequently enough to really warrant it included into an RO style game.

Upvote 0
Since CoD WaW brought back the Greater East Asia War as some patriotic crusade against all-evil Japan I always wished for a game to come and let me take veangance dressed in Imperial Army cloths, holding an Arisaka99 rifle with attached bayonet and getting ready to banzai charge. The mp of CoD:WaW makes it possible yet but actually it's a lame copy of the sp's actions and Jesus the Samurai swords of the sp are not in it. If Rising Storm isn't including swords I'm angry :D

Upvote 0
If im not mistaken, If you do puncture the back of the gas tank it wouldn't explode. They tried that on myth-busters, they used incendiary rounds on a flamethrower, nothing

It depends on the type of contents obviously. I believe at one point one country was using a gas that would ignite violently if shot at, but for the most part no they would not explode.

Upvote 0