• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Disable Weapons While Climbing Ladders

omarfw

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Here Be Dragons
www.last.fm
On almost all maps with ladders, the specimens are not able to climb the ladders but you are.

This lets you just sit on the ladder easily headshotting and nading the specimens gathering below.

Weapons need to be disabled while you are climbing a ladder. I'd hate to have to see numerous great maps fail testing just because of something like this when it's really just the games fault not the mappers.

I considerabley concur. I mean seriously, how do u climb a ladder while holding a weapon, fire and reload it, toss grenades, turn around completely as fast as you want, and not fall off?

Well, you dont climb a ladder holding your weapon prolly, but surely you can stop, just wrap your legs around the ladder and start shooting :p

But yeah a thousand times yes, weapons should be disabled when climbing the ladders so you cant abuse them. Altho maybe a knife should be allowed just to make sure you cant get stuck beetween specimens? Or maybe not, might be used to level berserker?

Hey did you get this idea from yesterday, with my rant on ladders :D

+ I am for this idea.

I doubt that because we've been complaining about the ladders ever since KEPT was created.

Upvote 0
I never played a map with ladders before and I've been playing kf since release so what are you even talking about.

then you fail :p~ Ive only counted 2 maps total who have ladder volumes, im guessing other maps did not want to add them due too them being so buggy.

On one map players would sit on the ladder and kill specimens and never worry about dieing (before the white list.) so that probally gave an example of what happens when you have ladder volumes :eek: -

and then mappers were like NAO WAI NUB.

Upvote 0
I guess the mapper could put like a metal covering over the ladder so you can't shoot the specimens below, only drop grenades on them. I'd let people shoot from ladders, but only if they stand still for a second first, and even then they would have a lot more recoil.

Would be even worst, you would be safe from sirens and husks. Trust me i've seen a lot :cool:

Upvote 0
I had the ladder problem where people would sit on middle and shoot, so I put a big tarp+scaffold over it so they couldn't see to do it. I still have a smaller ladder that they can so it on, but husks and sirens can get them. I still haven't figured out a workaround for that yet.

Simple way to prevent this, zombie blocking volumes for the zeds (like a staircase so they can jump to get you)

Upvote 0