• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Rambo Sharps

I'm a level 6 sharp and I like to go out Rambo style with a handcannon. It's always my goal to take the lead in kills, especially if I come in late. But what I'd really like to know is, does this piss people off? Am I just annoying people by doing this? I stay with the group and take out the scrakes and fleshies as soon as I can. Am I missing the whole point of the co-op side of this game? Does any other sharpshooter like to do this?

I'm a level 6 sharp and I like to go out Rambo style with a handcannon. It's always my goal to take the lead in kills, especially if I come in late. But what I'd really like to know is, does this piss people off? Am I just annoying people by doing this? I stay with the group and take out the scrakes and fleshies as soon as I can. Am I missing the whole point of the co-op side of this game? Does any other sharpshooter like to do this?

Doesn't piss me off. Be aware though that this playstyle often goes hand in hand with something that does piss me off though:

1. Not pulling your weight on other duties like welding, healing, picking a crawler off a teammates back etc.
2. Taking such a lead in score that you bury the finances of your teammate then do nothing to assist with this.
3. STEALING kills. Commandos are trying to get stalkers, firebugs just want some stuff to burn for a bit and everyone is trying to cover their own firing arc. Be mindful of others who are trying to have fun in their own way.

If you can do your business without doing the above then no problems here. Enjoy!

Upvote 0
Depends.

I don't care if a SS takes the lead in kills BUT:

If a Sharpshooter is more concerned with killing trash to boost his score and doesn't focus on FPs and skrakes... I'm going to start getting annoyed. Especially if I'm a commando and they keep killing stalkers. Also: If you take the lead in score, be prepared to share extra money with your team.

Just came out of a game with a rambo w+m1 sharpshooter using the m14. Most of the team were level 3, which is perfectly fine for hard IMO but scrakes and FPs need to be respected. Everything is going well. Along comes Mr. Level 6 sharpshooter who starts w+m1 spamming with his m14. He was so bad that we almost got wiped by raging scrakes (yes, he managed to rage 2 scrakes simultaneously) and a FP several times. I couldn't tell if he was just a really bad perk farmer, or a griefer. Either way, really fookin' annoying.

As long as you don't be like that guy, I doubt ppl will mind.

Upvote 0
Duh, it's not ramboing unless you run off alone.
And unless you're getting overrun, the game always is more of a zombie hunt than survival.

Don't forget to heal and cover the back of your team though.
Nothing is more irritating than running around with 10 hp while noone feels the need to waste 5 seconds of their life to whip out their syringe to lift your status of a free 1 hit kill.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't generally like it when people are making an effort to get the most kills, since this usually means they'll be shooting through me to kill enemies I'm already attacking. It's most annoying. I'd rather TWI just removed the kill counter already, it makes absolutely no sense in a co-operative environment.

First off, if its a general thing that ppl are shooting through you, maybe your not crouching. One thing that is annoying for SS is ppl in front that dont crouch so it forces them to shoot through ppl to get the head shots. If you are crouching, you have been playing with some really bad SS.

Second, the counter shows who is pulling there weight or round abouts of. I would like to see them add a healing to it. Not really a need for a welding, but a healing added would be nice.

You cant blame the SS for getting the high score all the time. I have been in games where the team is not pulling there weight I have the high score. Using nearly all my ammo in later rounds. With that said tho, I do feel in these cases you should still share the winnings with the team. After all, if you wish to view any selfish aspect, they allowed you to get that far because they held back the trash to allow you to get the kills. They should be rewarded for their efforts. In my opinion, players should be given the cash anyway, because some classes just are not as effective until they have their top class weapons. I share just because they may not have done good that round, but may do very well the next. Just my opinion tho

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First off, if its a general thing that ppl are shooting through you, maybe your not crouching. One thing that is annoying for SS is ppl in front that dont crouch so it forces them to shoot through ppl to get the head shots. If you are crouching, you have been playing with some really bad SS.

Second, the counter shows who is pulling there weight or round abouts of. I would like to see them add a healing to it. Not really a need for a welding, but a healing added would be nice.

You cant blame the SS for getting the high score all the time. I have been in games where the team is not pulling there weight I have the high score. Using nearly all my ammo in later rounds. With that said tho, I do feel in these cases you should still share the winnings with the team. After all, if you wish to view any selfish aspect, they allowed you to get that far because they held back the trash to allow you to get the kills. They should be rewarded for their efforts. In my opinion, players should be given the cash anyway, because some classes just are not as effective until they have their top class weapons. I share just because they may not have done good that round, but may do very well the next. Just my opinion tho

You wouldnt have that lead over everyone else if you played sharpshooter the honourable way

NO M14

Upvote 0
You wouldnt have that lead over everyone else if you played sharpshooter the honourable way

NO M14

I dont use a M14, I use a 9mm, dual eagles, and an Xbow. I can get a lead on ppl who dont pull their weight is what I am saying. I feel I play fairly, and do what I am saposed to do, however, that dosent mean I will not run into a team that cannot hold their own weight. This is one of the reasons My clan chooses to play on our servers only. We do play on pub servers, but not often.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont use a M14, I use a 9mm, dual eagles, and an Xbow. I can get a lead on ppl who dont pull their weight is what I am saying. I feel I play fairly, and do what I am saposed to do, however, that dosent mean I will not run into a team that cannot hold their own weight. This is one of the reasons My clan chooses to play on our servers only. We do play on pub servers, but not often.

Fair enough.

Upvote 0
Doesn't piss me off. Be aware though that this playstyle often goes hand in hand with something that does piss me off though:

1. Not pulling your weight on other duties like welding, healing, picking a crawler off a teammates back etc.
2. Taking such a lead in score that you bury the finances of your teammate then do nothing to assist with this.
3. STEALING kills. Commandos are trying to get stalkers, firebugs just want some stuff to burn for a bit and everyone is trying to cover their own firing arc. Be mindful of others who are trying to have fun in their own way.

If you can do your business without doing the above then no problems here. Enjoy!

I agree.

Upvote 0

Ur clan sucks... oh wait.. I'm apart of that clan...... sh!t....... lol

Basically what Anubis said.

Upvote 0
Rambo SS annoying?

Depends.

If the rambo is spamming m14 and specifically TRYING to steal everyones kills just to be on the top, it IS annoying. VERY, annoying.

Let me tell you a story (yes Ive told it before here somewhere). I have this so called friend, always SS/M14 trying to get the highest kill count. Im fine with that, BUT, once when we were playing biotics, I was supposed to cover other side of the hallway while my friend was on the other side like 30-50 meter away from each other so to speak. I was Support with a shotgun. I see a group of clots, maybe 3 or 4, and try to get closer so I could blast them all with one shotgun shell. But suddenly I hear my friend spamming his M14 like a madman miles away from me, JUST so he could kill those 3-4 odd clots in front of me to increase his kill count. NOW THAT WAS ANNOYING. I mean seriously! Why couldnt he let me kill those few clots?! No, he just HAD to get them all for himself. What a jerk. Thats how it went the entire map...

So yea its fine as long as you dont specifically try to steal someones kills, like for example if you see a berserker running towards a clot - for the love of god DONT kill that clot. Its so damn annoying when ppl do that. Especially when its a demo vs berserker. The lonesome zerker sees a group of helpless clots, starts running towards them to give them a haircut and BOOOM a demo creates a limbstorm in your face.

Upvote 0
This game has a pretty detrimental flaw where people compete against each other for cash rather than work together to survive and so it can piss people off when one person kills "too much" and "steals kill"

I mean you're never going to find anyone in Left 4 Dead that accuses another survivor of having killed too many zombies. Simply because in that game people have to work together to survive.

In Killing Floor team work is optional and will often cost you money to perform.

Upvote 0
This makes me laugh. This is like telling a Level 6 Demolitions to not use an M32. :rolleyes:

I've seen Level 6 Medics out play Level 6 Sharpshooters with their M14. :cool:

If the M32 was ridiculously overpowered then yes, it would be like telling a level 6 demo to not use an m32.

But seeing as its not overpowered, then no, its nothing like that.

Iv also seen people beat m14 spammers aswell, but thier always good players that end up finishing the wave solo, because those particular m14 spammers were really, REALLY terrible players.

an m14 in the hands of a genuine great sharpshooter is devastating.

Upvote 0
When I use to play lvl 6 sharp, I stay with a CROSSBOW, and my main job is to headshot FP's, Scrakes, and handcannon crawlers. And only then go on a rampage with a knife/pistols/whatsoever.
AMEN BRUTHA

SS is by far my fav class, though since I reached lvl 6 in it, I've always made a point to ONLY focus on Fleshpounds, Scrakes and Husks. Anything else, I leave to the other teammates, unless they're getting overrun. After all, I'm the guy with a crossbow, it's my job. I carry dual handcannons as a backup in case I get swarmed with crawlers or something, but in general, I only take maybe a dozen shots per round for a dozen kills. I end up with fewer kills than everyone else, but twice the cash, which I spread around, because it only costs 100 pounds to refill a crossbow, and I never need any more ammo.

Upvote 0