• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Berserker idea: Power-attack un-enrages FP

Berserker idea: Power-attack un-enrages FP

• Total voters

BEEEEEES

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Here's an idea while I'm typing out loud: give zerker the ability to power-attack-smack (tm) Fleshpounds and snap them out of being enraged. No stun, they're just like:

"Wow! The concept of someone trying to melee me is so laughable that I can't help but laugh and cease to be enraged! Ha ha ha (pound pound pound)!"

This would give zerkers some kinda use again when it comes to Fleshpounds, without increasing their stats at all.

Last edited:
I think the chainsaw and katana alternate attacks both should stun scrakes and fleshpounds, albeit temporarily.

This sometimes- it's very rare in my experience- happens to FPs as a rank 6 zerker playing on hard difficulty, but they pretty much just bob their head back once (much < 1/2 second) and are ready to go again; the phenomenon doesn't stop their movement or interrupt any attack they're already doing, but it does prevent any attacks during the miniscule time-frame when it happens. I have never, ever seen it happen in suicidal.

As expressed elsewhere, I do not particularly like melee stun-spamming the big specimens and feel it really cheapens the experience of the scrake in particular. I would much rather have enough damage output or resistance to take care of them without any cheesy stunning mechanic, but...c'est la vie... a lot of people seem to have problems with that...

Upvote 0
I agree, the medic gun shouldn't be replaced, but just add the ability to slow down zeds with the heal dart. There may not be much "logic" to it, but it would be fun.

Still think it should be two weapons, I mean come on, medic is sometimes really boring.

This way, heal heal heal heal, SEDATE THE FLESH MEDIC!

I believe it would be very interesting to sedate specimens.

Can't be a ranged sedation weapon though, has to be something like a needle that gets stabbed into them.

Upvote 0
Here's an idea while I'm typing out loud: give zerker the ability to power-attack-smack (tm) Fleshpounds and snap them out of being enraged. No stun, they're just like:

"Wow! The concept of someone trying to melee me is so laughable that I can't help but laugh and cease to be enraged! Ha ha ha (pound pound pound)!"

This would give zerkers some kinda use again when it comes to Fleshpounds, without increasing their stats at all.
As a zerker you

Upvote 0