• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Sport] Airsoft Field Gear and Weapons

mini-DSC02870.jpg

mini-DSC02873.jpg

mini-DSC02875.jpg

mini-DSC02878.jpg

mini-DSC02880.jpg

Upvote 0
Reminds me about my uniniatated project to get some DDR MPiK parts (grib etc) and convert AK47\74 to a DDR model.

Interesting thing regarding the buttstock of DDR MPiK is that it can be modified to carry small battery with ease, and if you really want to mess around, even large is possible to get in there, even though not really practical.

Nice stuff anyway ;)

Upvote 0
No-one has claimed here it to be a hardcore sport nor say "lololol airsoft is good sport" to some famous sportsmen of some 'official' sports, so what's the fuzz then? You could say it in far more civil manner than leash out like your house was burned down.

Sure one might say the thread's category is not completely accurate in terms of what is officially sport or not, but everyone should (yeah, the very bad word in Murphy's law) be capable of understanding that + the limited options of thread titles avaible in the forum software.

Upvote 0
Yes you are right. I posted my opinion, I am indeed a troll.

Except no one was even discussing whether it's a sport or not, and then all of a sudden you come busting in with only 40 posts posting "LOLOL AIRSOFT ISN'T A SPORT LOLWTF", which definitely makes you a troll.

I think it's more of a game too, but I'm not posting it in this thread. Then again, like Grobut said, target shooting is considered a sport too, so it does kinda makes sense. Either way, I don't care what you call it and it's not worth discussing at all. It doesn't matter.

Upvote 0
Except no one was even discussing whether it's a sport or not, and then all of a sudden you come busting in with only 40 posts posting "LOLOL AIRSOFT ISN'T A SPORT LOLWTF", which definitely makes you a troll.

I think it's more of a game too, but I'm not posting it in this thread. Then again, like Grobut said, target shooting is considered a sport too, so it does kinda makes sense. Either way, I don't care what you call it and it's not worth discussing at all. It doesn't matter.

lol I like how all of you people get so pissed over a comment. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
hmm bit of a necro post but...I'm about to get into airsoft. Need to wait for money within the next week or so and then I am going to make my first purchases off of Airsoft GI.

This seems like an affordable but good quality AKS-74UN:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2903

I'm also getting:
-33" Gun bag
-2x bags of 4000x BBs (still not completely sure whether to get .2 or .25)
-Goggles based on USMC design
-Barrel plug (want to be as responsible as possible)
-Jungle boots
-2x AK74 600rd hi-cap mags
-Elbow pads (I have weird elbows and they are really sensitive to hard surfaces. Maybe thats normal but...they are kind of shaped weird I think)
-Chest rig

Trying to not blow through my cash immediately. In the future I'll probably get a G3A3 or one modeled after the new HK416/417 series if they are made. Or a higher quality AKS-74U..I have a special fetish for the AK-74 series, especially the carbine :E I also am confused about batteries...what is this I see about changing batteries in the middle of airsoft firefights??? And I'd like to know what type of battery to buy initially but don't know how to figure out what I need for an AKS-74U...how the heck am I supposed to figure that out???

Last edited:
Upvote 0