• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Sport] Airsoft Field Gear and Weapons

Those are also orgasmic. O_O

Well, thanks for showing me this site! I'll definitely look in there when I'm ordering, but man, they are expensive. I'll just that pistol when I can. :IS2:

Sadly, it's not really the site that is expensive, they have just about the same prices as all the others really, it's the guns that are expensive..

Good quality Airsoft guns don't come cheap, i know Airsoft is usually referred to as beeing much cheaper than Paintball, and in running costs it is, but you can quickly drain your bankaccount buying nifty new toys for it! :eek:

Also, your taste in guns isen't helping you there, if you where into AK's or M4's, there would be much more on offer in different price ranges, but a good gun in the bullpup configuration, now that's tricky, because most of them are cheap tat, outdated designs from the 90's, build buy "looks over function" brands and the like, the Type-97 really is the only one of them i would choose to buy if it where my money.

Aren't the new maruis a foolproof solution for newbies? At least five years ago they used to be "teh ****".

That was five years ago, back then they allmost had the market to themselves, it was either them, or cheap nasty China knockoffs that would break if you touched them.

But the market has exploded since then, and since Marui only cares about the Japanese market (which has very restrictive laws about replica guns), they have lost so much ground now, there is so much better stuff out there now at much more competitive prices, so there really are very few Marui guns thease days that aren't outclassed by their competition.

They still build relibale guns, but they are underpowered, expensive to upgrade, mostly ABS plastic and assembled more like toys (two half-shells essembled with screws and glue), and way too expensive compared to what else is on the market (but they are still huge in Japan, and that's all they care about).

Their gas-pistols are still worth looking at, though they are mostly plastic, they are very reliable, but i woulden't bother with their AEG's anymore (well, maybe if you are a Brit, as the UK has the same silly FPS limits as Japan, so for them they would be more worthwhile).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They still build relibale guns, but they are underpowered, expensive to upgrade, mostly ABS plastic and assembled more like toys (two half-shells essembled with screws and glue), and way too expensive compared to what else is on the market (but they are still huge in Japan, and that's all they care about).

Marui's internal parts makes them usually - presuming you can find them used yet in decent\good condition - good for custom projects, but it would be quite a mess to buy X just for few parts, Y for base and another one for spare parts or so unless you have plenty of cash to burn.

Upvote 0
Marui's internal parts makes them usually - presuming you can find them used yet in decent\good condition - good for custom projects, but it would be quite a mess to buy X just for few parts, Y for base and another one for spare parts or so unless you have plenty of cash to burn.

Zuh? i can only assume you aren't talking about Marui's AEG parts, as not only can you buy thouse loose, but why would you even want to when there's things like Systema, Laylax-Prometheus, PDI and so on and so forth.

So are we talking custom springer guns? custom gas guns? well, if you've got any, it'd be interesting to see! ;)

Upvote 0
Zuh? i can only assume you aren't talking about Marui's AEG parts, as not only can you buy thouse loose, but why would you even want to when there's things like Systema, Laylax-Prometheus, PDI and so on and so forth.

My memory failed me in that case, as it's been quite some time since I paid more attension about AEG parts in general. But yes, Systema and others would be far more preferable choices in the long run for a custom project :D

Upvote 0
The L85 is problematic.. There's two brands worth looking at, G&G and ARES, problem is though, they are both infamous for building very nice looking guns, but with really dodgy and unreliable gearboxes, and as such, they are definately not newbie freindly guns.

I would not recommend an ARES, as they use propriarary Gearboxes that are impossible to find spare parts for, so that just leaves G&G really:
http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main...5A1&search=special&rs=GG AEGs&catid=6&cat=274[url]http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=GG-AEG-L85A1&search=special&rs=GG%20AEGs&catid=6&cat=274[/URL]

But would i really recommend it? ehhh.. well no, not as a beginners gun, it seems everyone who has bought them have also had to tinker with them constantly, rebuild the gearboxes and so forth, not the sort of thing you want to dive right into with your first gun, prefably, your first gun should just plain work.

But here's a kinda similar looking alternative that i absolutely can recommend, the RealSword Type-97:
http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main...091&search=special&rs=RS AEGs&catid=6&cat=444[url]http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=RS-AEG-R091&search=special&rs=RS%20AEGs&catid=6&cat=444[/URL]
And:
http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main...092&search=special&rs=RS AEGs&catid=6&cat=444[url]http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=RS-AEG-R092&search=special&rs=RS%20AEGs&catid=6&cat=444[/URL]

Thouse are good sturdy guns, and absolutely reliable, the only problem i have ever heard about from thease guns, is that changing the battery in them is a little fiddly, but that's really a small complaint.

Either of thouse would definately serve you well, and whilst they are not desperately pretty guns, they do bear some similarity to the L85, and they are not a common sight on the fields (most people are put off by the fact that they haven't seen this gun in their favorite videogames and whatnot), so it's a nice attention grabber aswell (that's allways a good thing, when people want to have a look at that strange gun of yours, you get to talk with people and make some new freinds in the community).
ICS makes the Best L85's right now. STAR L85's are reliable, but lack realistic functions and impossible takedown. G&G L85's are realistic, but not realiable. Army L85's are cheap G&G knockoffs. ICS is the best all around, and the one I most recommend.

Upvote 0
ICS makes the Best L85's right now. STAR L85's are reliable, but lack realistic functions and impossible takedown. G&G L85's are realistic, but not realiable. Army L85's are cheap G&G knockoffs. ICS is the best all around, and the one I most recommend.

I wasen't aware ICS made one, we don't get many ICS guns around thease parts though, so that might be why, but if it's a 1-UP on the G&G it might be beginner freindly.
I am familiar with the STAR though, but i allways hear that it's dissapointing, and that the Gearboxes are very hit or miss, people never seem to recommend them.

I used to have an Ak47 airsoft rifle myself, one day it fell....and broke....fml. Anyways, if you aren't clumsy like me, get a rifle, else I'd go for an SMG. My friend had a P90 and it was absolutely insane shooting hundreds of shots very quickly!

The size of the gun doesen't determine if it will survive a drop or other impact, but rather how it is assembled and from what materials, there's plenty of strong all-metal guns on the market thease days that can handle more than just ordinary abuse, you certainly coulden't break them just by dropping them, not even on concrete.

Upvote 0
Something to do whilst waiting for Hos to come along:

Zeta1029.jpg

Zeta1025.jpg

Zeta1027.jpg

Reactions: Uurastaja
Upvote 0