• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Sport] Airsoft Field Gear and Weapons

kapulA

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
Croatia
I'm looking to acquire some airsoft equipment of my own and so far I'm getting:

Jing Gong G36C w/ rail OR JG Steyr AUG
T800 protective goggles
Knee pads
Guarder open red dot sight
3 G36 140 rds midcap mags
KSC USP .45 Compact
Pistol holster
Rifle sling
Mag vest

So if anyone plays it, what have you got and how happy are you with it?

Last edited:
I'd consider smgs over assault rifles. There is no real incentive to pick bigger gun over smaller more comfortable one in airsoft, well except mebbe to hide bigger battery.

Dont go for vests, just unnecessary. Difficult to take low profile if alot of stuff on the front and in airsoft make it hard to feel if yuor hit or not.
Yuo feel yuo need extra maggs/water bottle go for tight panels.
They actually might help if yuo hit the deck on rocky ground and aren't making yuo sweat like a pigg.

Upvote 0
I'd consider smgs over assault rifles. There is no real incentive to pick bigger gun over smaller more comfortable one in airsoft, well except mebbe to hide bigger battery.

That depends on where and how you play, and the rules you play with.

If cramped speedball arenas or indoor ranges are all you can find, or want, an SMG is the obvious choice, it's also a good choice if local rules only permits M90 or M100 springs, since an SMG will do that well.

But if you play outdoor ranges, or even MilSim, the more accuracy and power you can get out of a Carbine or full leangth rifle is definately prefable, more so if you are allowed to use M120 or higher springs, where the longer barrels start to proove their worth.

I would recomend a Carbine to the newbie, if all you have is one AEG, a Carbine will let you play both in and outdoors, whereas an SMG would suck outdoors, or a longer rifle would suck indoors, so you get to try more with a gun at around a meters leangth (AK or M4 comes to mind, and indeed the G36C), folding stocks are also a good choice since it will allow you to "scale" more readilly.

Anyway, more on topic, i have lots of stuff, but since i am selling alot of it and getting new stuff in about 3 weeks time, i wont bother to mention it all, but when my new loadout is ready i'll gladly show of some pics.

Upvote 0
Dittoing the above about the advantages of the longer barrel. My first AEG was a TM Steyr AUG and I love the damn thing. It's short enough that you can still get it around in tight quarters, but because of the bullpup setup, it's got one of the longest inner barrels available out there. Plus it's nice and heavy, which helps to steady aim somewhat, or if you take a dive and land on the damn thing, ha.

In general though, I would avoid going all "tacticlol" with red dots and everything like that intially. The advantages they provide are minimal and you'll cry whe your $40-$150 red dot gets zapped by a BB. I've got a $20 4x .22 rifle scope on my AUG, and it serves me just fine.

EDIT: Oh, and I'd also consider scrapping the sidearm and putting the money into something else (or just saving it) at first. I've seen a pistol be used in combat about twice and they're hardly effective. They're good if you're playing an large game where you move from outdoors to indoors, and your upgraded AEG is shooting too hot for CQB battles though.

Upvote 0
I haven't played for long time the gear boxes can now whitstand better spring by default. However if yuo want to upgrade, p90 can be quite easily modified for heavier batteries and spring and longer barrels.
However I understood that kapulA is restarting or getting his first one. In that case I'd pretty much go for maruis mp7 comes whit a free battery atleast around here.
Yuo can later get a bigger one later and mp7 can serve as an back up. Also it's great weapon to loan others, trust me, makes yuo really popular ;)

Anyone tested the m4s or anything whit telescopic stock rather than folding? My reasoning is that in cqb yuo just have it at it's shortest (but if yuo need it quick atleast it's there) and then on longer ranges just adjust it to yuor liking?

Upvote 0
I am not a fan of the M4 tele-stock, at its shortest its not very usefull at all, its neither as compact as a folder, nor does it shoulder well with a mask on, and i have never actually seen anyone use it with good results, all the M4 players i see just use it as a solid stock really, infact most of them use Cranestocks with battery compartment, so they dont even fold in.

On my AK's i use the folder alot though, when going from more open space to more confined surroundings, so much that i am replacing my solid stocked AKM for an AIMS and AKMS, its just so usefull, and the Guarder/Inokatsu full stock wont house a decent battery anyway (RS dimentions, unlike Marui's that are way too big to house a large 8.4v).

As for sidearms, they are good to have, it gives you some options if caught reloading or changing a battery, but they are nothing more than that.
The MP7 is ofcourse more usefull, but it is nolonger the gun of choice with the new VZ.61 and MAC-10 released, they perform just as well, but in an even smaller package.

I have the VZ.61, great fun, and the only "sidearm" that really goes with my Soviet style loadout.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I just put the pistol in there as something I'm planning on getting later, I'm not getting it right away; and, the G36C from Jing Gong comes with a free battery and battery recharger, so I really don't see what's so special about the MP7 coming with a free battery?
And yeah, I've considered the possibility of the 60$ red dot getting zapped by a BB, but haven't asked anyone about that; so you're telling me that can really happen? Seems I ought to be real careful with my baby now...

Upvote 0
Jing Gong makes cheapsofts, the guns themselves are ok, they wont last as long as better guns but you can squease some good fun out of them, but the accosories that come with them are absolute rubbish, including the battery and charger, you can get so much better.

The MP7, VZ.61 and MAC-10 comes with good quallity charger and battry, thats the difference.

As for scopes getting smashed by BB's, yes, it happens, but you can easilly protect them, just get some clear Plexiglass of about 1

Upvote 0
Although, I think I'm going with the G36 since none of those 3 SMGs really appeal to me. :p

I'd recommend buying a better brand than Jing Gong though. I'd say go for Tokyo Marui or Classic Army instead (although there might be some newer brands that are good quality too, ask around). It's worth the extra hundred bucks or whatever the difference is. You can buy a $120 that will break in a few months or a $300 that will last you for years.

Upvote 0
Well I doubt it'll break in a few months if we only go airsofting approx. twice a month?
And besides, the order's already been placed for everything but the pistol so there's no turning back now; I've read good reviews of the JG G36C so I don't think it's THAT bad.

Well, its a cheapsoft, and like all of them, they have a more limited lifespan than higher quality guns.

Best you can do is enjoy it, shoot the living hell out of the poor thing whilst getting a chance to try out the hobby, and when it does break down, hang it on your wall, and by then, you should know if it is a hobby you want to invest more money in or not, and you will have a better idea of what you are looking for in a gun if you still want to play.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

Here is my latest kit with new acquisitions, including a Serbian army camouflage coverall set, OD knee pads, VFC AKS74U, and an OD hydration pack.

Kit1.jpg

Kit3.jpg

Kit2.jpg

Here is a complete list for those interested:

- Black demon themed non-fogging paintball mask (also used for airsoft)
- Serbian army camouflage coveralls, tiger stripe
- Russian M32 tactical vest w/ butt pack
- OD hydration pack
- Walther P38 holster, reproduction
- OD knee pads
- U.S. issue black combat boots
- VFC AKS74U w/ 5 bakelite magazines
- Russian issue canteen w/ OD cover
- Condor brand OD/black shooting gloves

Not pictured:

- G3 leather sling for AKS74U
- Serbian kevlar helmet (used occasionally)

Upvote 0
My stuff has arrived!
The red dot had a crack on it though, so I sent it back to be replaced.
Anyways, the pictures:

Image137.jpg

Image138.jpg

I've grown quite fond of those boots when I found they're actually Spetsnaz boots; probably a Yugo copy since they don't have the real fur padding but they look almost identical on the outside.

Other items are:

M65 woodland camo jacket
Woodland camo trousers (haven't identified them yet)
Woodland camo shirt (under the jacket)
OD knee pads
Generic army belt

Also, excuse the ****ty mobile phone camera, the digital camera's battery ran out :<

Upvote 0