• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Update #2

And here is the next update for Killing Floor from the Tripwire team here in Roswell, GA. This update addresses a number of glitches that have been reported by the community in the first few days of play.

Fixes:
  • Fixed a number of known exploits on each map.
  • Fixed Listen Server Hosts not showing as playing on a server in Steam Friends.
  • Fixed the game prompting for a password after the password was already entered into Steam, when connecting from the Steam Server Browser.
  • Fixed exploit where players could shoot other players with shotguns and launch them on top of things or out windows.
  • Fixed exploit where players could change their Perk multiple times in order to get discounts on particular items. Players can only change their Perk once per Wave now.
  • Fixed shotguns making Specimens fly back excessively online.
  • Fixed Server Browser becoming non-responsive when connected to a server.
  • Fixed exploit that players could use to purchase something even when too heavy.
  • Fixed Listen Server Host's Perks getting duplicated to other players connected to their server.
  • Fixed purchasing of a Handcannon appearing to discount other weapons.
  • Fixed a collision problem with crouching that was allowing exploits.
Tweaks:
  • Improved the detection of Headshots on the Specimens.
  • Removed the scaling of players' names over their heads, which was causing long names to be unreadable.
  • Changed Default Tick Rate for Internet Servers to 30 instead of 20 to improve the online experience for players.
  • Hitting Escape now closes the Weapon Selection widget on the HUD.
  • Toned down the Blur and Camera Shake when a Specimen hits you. Blur now fades out more quickly.
Clients will be updated automatically through Steam. Servers will also need to be updated with the changes (i.e. the map updates). Servers that haev not updated should not appear in the server browser; if you try and connect directly to an out-of-date server, you will see a "mis-match" message.

Cheers!

WOW, thanks Tripwire! Its good to see developers who care about their game and its community. I already love this game (so much in fact that I bought my first server), and these changes will hopefully make me love it even more! Once again, thankyou. Your continued efforts on this game are greatly appreciated. <3

68.232.171.148:7707 - "24/7 WestLondon - [NIG] (normal/medium)"

Upvote 0
good update except a couple things.

I think people can still abuse the shop in multiplayer by buying cheap weapons with their perk and giving them to a friend who has another perk. he can then still sell them for a profit. So this exploit hasn't fully been removed just yet.

Also, can we get any offical response about dual handcannons not counting for sharpshooter headshots and their damage is added to the support perk shotgun damage total. Is this intentional or a bug? This patch mentions nothing about a possible fix.

and lastly: please partially UNnerf the blur nerf. It was so great to finally have a game where getting hit would mess you up. I agree that it was too much sometimes but now it's nerfed so badly that I sometimes barely notice that a crawler is biting my ankles. Please boost the blur effect a bit again or at least give us an option to customize it on our servers without disabling perk progress.

Upvote 0
Don't worry ;)

Good to hear, we have had some great moments where a chainsaw guy or a gorefast has jumped onto a car to get to us and I unloaded both barrels, at which point they went flying (while spnning) into the side of a building in the distance.

That stuff is great fun!

I have seen some people want the jumping changed on mobs, but as it is I think it allows for those funny moments.

Upvote 0